“good stay, but slightly disappointed”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Braselton
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Good stuff: The hotel is new so nothing is dated or shabby. The interior is gorgeous. Everything was very clean. Probably one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in. I love the fact they have a library in the lobby. The indoor salt water pool was wonderful and I noticed they had equipment for a handicapped person to enter the pool. Breakfast had a good variety and the dining area was spacious and beautiful. The bathroom had some nice touches (read the paper towel! that made my day:). The hotel was very quiet and the staff was friendly. The bed was adequate and the extra blanket in the closet was the softest, nicest blanket I've ever used!
Bad stuff: the hot tub had a broken control so we couldn't turn up the heat or jets. The staff was aware of the problem but made no effort to fix anything. The towels at the pool were very small. The hot breakfast items were instant and not very hot. The vending machines on each floor were out of several drinks (I was told they are not often serviced) and the drinks at the "Inn Case store" were overpriced. It felt like they are having the upstairs machined ignored on purpose so they could charge more in the lobby.
I enjoyed our stay overall, but I won'y be going back unless the hot tub is fixed and the breakfast is better.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank otakuwifey
Brittany T, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

otakuwifey,

We really do appreciate your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are glad that for the most part of your stay it was very enjoyable! We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and we hate to hear we fell short of that. Rest assured that any issues you experienced have been resolved. We hope to have you as guests during your next stay in the Braselton area.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Second time at this hotel. Rooms are nice, but I slept in and missed breakfast this year. I didn't use the pool or exercise room, so no comments about those. Unfortunately this trip, I could hear every loud step taken by whomever was staying in the room above me. Can't people "walk" across a floor and not stomp? Any why could I even hear that? Whatever. NOT happy that they have switched to those lame half-sized bed pillows that some hotels are switching to. What's up with that? Bring back the full-size pillows please! I'd stay there again if I'm in the area again. And thank you for the cookies :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ZigsGirl
Brittany T, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

SoReadyToRetire,

Thank you for your response! We are delighted to have you as a return guest. If you ever experience any issues please contact the front desk to resolve them. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal. We hope you choose the Country Inn & Suites during your next trip to Braselton.

Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

First things first. A group of us stayed here. All three gps all different makes. Could not find this hotel. Mine was the closes. Thank you garmin!!! When we all got there it was a surprises to the kids. They really like the grand staircase. It was about 10+ feet wide. Three storied foyer. Rooms where clean and new (still new smell) breakfast was terrible and front desk needs to know more about area. He told us that a restaurant down the street was go for kids. IT'S A BIKER BAR!!! I love bikes and that life, but not with 4 13 year old girls at 8:30. He also said that there was not a particular restaurant in town. So we rode down the road 6.1 miles to that chain restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2013

David T,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a response. We really appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our facility. We apologize for any issues you experienced during your stay. We hope that you use our hotel again in the future, and feel free to contact me directly for restaurants and activities in the area for the entire family!

Reviewed 16 May 2013

First of all I would like to say I never did stay at this property. I made the reservation back in September 2012 for a King room for myself and a colleague. I received an email from the manager (apparently she was trying to call me on my home phone but never left a message) that I needed to contact her immediately. The pipe broke in the room I was to stay in the next night and she offered to move me and as a "good faith gesture" my colleague to a Holiday Inn Express further away. Why my reservation was chosen among others to be cancelled I will never know. Although the manager did get us a decent rate at the Holiday Inn Express I thought I was getting the first night comped because of the inconvenience. She comped my colleague but not myself (yes, I should have gotten it in writing). Obviously this property has maintenance problems and no, I will never stay at another Country Inn and Suites as they are unreliable.

Room Tip: If you want reliability, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Brittany T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Dear Molokairaceofficial,

We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review. On behalf of our entire team here at the Country Inns & Suites, Braselton we apologize for the concerns you had about your experience. As we talked many times during your travels to this area and emailed each other afterward, we must have come across some communication errors. I was under the impression that we had remedied any issues and I am disappointed to hear that we did not resolve everything to your expectations. I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your concerns with you further. Please feel free to contact me at 770-868-5419.

Kindly,

Kimberly Stratman

Reviewed 4 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last year, and it was a real treat, especially the hot tub and cleanliness.
Everything I reviewed as positive on my last review was disappointing this time.

Most importantly, my husband and I had been looking forward to the strong waterflow hot tub at this property since our last visit. This time, apparently someone had complained about them, because there is NO waterflow in the hot tub now and the knob to turn it on has been removed. It's a shame that someone complained and now the hot tub is not usable by others who enjoy it the way it's meant to be used.

In addition, this time we were given a room on the interstate side and had a very difficult time sleeping. And then, adding insult to injury, when we'd finally gotten to sleep, housekeeping started knocking on the bedroom door at 8:00 a.m. to see if we'd checked out yet. Check-out is not scheduled until noon so I think that was just rude.

We had brought beverages and food with us for our stay and when we opened the refrigerator, it was not cold. We pulled the refrigerator out of the hutch, and it was not plugged in. We plugged it in, turned the knob to full power, and it still would not turn on - COMPLETLY dead. So we had warm beverages the next morning.

In the morning, my husband went to use the coffee pot, and the last guest's used coffee grounds/filter were still in the machine. While that's not the end of the world, it was still unacceptable.

I typically would not complain about these types of issues individually, but since they all happened in one stay, I did speak to the front desk associate on duty. I just wanted to, at least, let them know about the refrigerator so they could replace it before the next guest checked in. She was very sorry for the inconveniences and said they would do their best to replace the refrigerator. For that and all of the issues above, she did offer me a reduced rate, which is not what I had intended. I simply wanted to let them know, especially since we had enjoyed our stay here so much last year.

We still like the hotel and will likely stay again, but it was not as good this time as it was the first time around.

Room Tip: Choose rooms not on the interstate side.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TLee68
Brittany T, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

TLee68,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay with us. We appreciate the feedback on TripAdvisor. We apologize for all the inconveniences you encountered. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal, and it is very disappointing to hear we fell short of this. If you would like to contact me directly we can discuss this and hopefully make it right for your next stay. We strive to have each stay like the first stay you experienced at our hotel.

My sincerest apologies,

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Stayed here two nights I late April 2013. The hotel is new and the staff is enthusiastic and friendly. Comfortable rooms and a nice free breakfast in the morning. Hotel is located in the boondocks and I don’t know about restaurants and other amenities in the area but my sense is that it is pretty slim pickins for nearby restaurants (we drove into Athens, which has great places to eat and lots going on)

Room Tip: Get a room on the side to the hotel away from the Highway (Iinterstate 95)
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Brittany T, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

VirginiaRambler,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your most recent stay. We are glad you found the hotel enjoyable. The Braselton area is growing and we hope to have more local attractions to offer soon! However, feel free on your next stay to ask the front desk. They can recommended several nice restaurants and things to do within 5 mins of the hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in the Braselton area.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Very nice inside and out. Parking lot is well lit. Room is nice sized, everything is updated and clean. Staff is nice, and breakfast is very good. Easy choice. When we stayed there, there was road construction going on, so the street lights were out (if there are any). It's a small little highway without a whole lot else right there, and easy to miss. But very close to the interstate, and just down the road from Chateau Elan.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Brittany T, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

PamnKyle,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such wonderful comments! We are glad you had a nice stay. We apologize for the road construction, we wish we had a choice in the matter, but hopefully it will be done soon! We look forward to having you as guests again and feel free to stop by the front desk for local places to go & things to do!

Brittany Thomas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Braselton
Hampton Inn & Suites Braselton
Holiday Inn Express Braselton
Best Western Braselton Inn
#1 of 1 in Jefferson
#2 of 2 in Winder
Holiday Inn Express Bethlehem

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton? Share your experiences!