“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Braselton
Jonesville, North Carolina, United States
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have stay at the Holiday Inn Express several times over the last several years. I have always had a good experience. I recently stay here on the 15th and 16th of Oct 13 with my wife. We both had a wonderful time and the Breakfast was great and the attendant (Cathy) was very nice and helpful with our food. I needed help geting my plate for my wife back to our room the frist morning and she help fix it for me. Over the 2 days stay we feel we have made a new friend and we are looking forward coming back in the future. Again, thanks Cathy for your help and friendship.

Room Tip: Good Breakfast
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Ryan D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Braselton, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear 885Ben,

Thank for your taking time out of your day to review our hotel. I am pleased to see how Cathy went above and beyond to make your stay memorable. I will be sure to pass the warm words along to her. Thank you for staying with us and we do hope to see you again.

Christopher
Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nice hotel but exceptional customer service. Specifically, Lisa and Cathy at the front desk and breakfast area were helpful and consistently kind. The rooms were kept clean and everyone had a positive attitude. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever ATTEMPTED to stay in! After checking in (hesitantly I might add) I walked into my room and was hit with the overwhelming smell of mold and mildew! I did not even turn the light on before quickly turning around and immediately leaving. I would never recommend this hotel...ever

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jackie W
Ryan D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Braselton, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Jackie W.

I am terribly sorry for your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to make sure every guest is completely satisfied with every aspect of their stay and would like to apologize if you did not feel that way. Per many of our past guest reviews you will see we take great pride in offering first rate service to all of our guests. Please allow us the opportunity to show you that we stand behind our word and make this right for you. I will be contacting you personally to discuss further.

Flemington, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed for a weekend for a family wedding and had our room flooded from the tub next door. The staff was aware of the situation at 2am and did nothing to attempt to rectify the situation even after I called at 6am to report the abundance of water in our room. Due to our tight schedule we were not able to move to another room and had to sleep an additional night in a wet room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear jausti,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for any inconvenience your family experienced during the recent stay. As you mentioned we did have an unfortunate incident were a guest overflowed their bathtub. I am terribly sorry if the we did not resolve the problem to your satisfaction. Our number one priority is the satisfaction of our guests and I will be contacting you personally to make sure this situation is resolved to your standards.

General manager
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stay at many hotels across the country. This particular property was not new, not newly remodeled, and by far not the nicest property I have stayed at in the last seven years of business travel. It was clean, safe, and comfortable but in need of a modernizing face lift. HOWEVER, after feeling like I would never stay here again in the morning, my whole stay was enlightened by a smiling, caring, and very genuine lady by the name of Cathy. She was really hustling during the breakfast rush, refilling cereal, hot food items, coffee, cream, etc. While that is somewhat expected at hotels, it was her attention to detail, attention to people, and overall attitude that was amazingly refreshing to me! To be quite honest, I was pleasantly shocked by Cathy! She greeted everyone with a genuine "Good Morning" and seemed as if she had never met a stranger in her life! If I am in the area again, I will not hesitate to stay at this property as long as Cathy is still there for breakfast!!! Her customer service skills should be taught to other hotel properties' staff!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Thomas C.,

Wow! These types of responses are exactly what we strive for with each and every guest! Thank you for taking time to express your experience during your recent stay. I passed your comments on to Cathy who was thrilled! She does an excellent job and is an asset to our hotel. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit!

Wabash, Indiana
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Cathy was not only very good at her job handling the breakfast service but she was also genuinely concerned that I had a great experience. She was friendly, and so happy to do her job well that I couldn't help but feel happy myself. The breakfast was also hot, fresh, and delicious.

• Stayed September 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We recently stayed here for a couple of nights and we were bowled over by the customer service, From the front desk manager (who is a treasure) to Cathy, the breakfast hostess, everyone was pleasant, polite, and went out of their way to meet our needs. The beds are comfortable, the rooms clean and nicely stocked with the small conveniences one may need, and the breakfast was really good. We loved the hot cinnamon buns!

There was hot (and decent) coffee in the lobby throughout the day and evening, and the swimming pool has handicapped access in the form of a seated apparatus that swings down into the pool, something I've never seen before. FYI, those that have complained about the sheer curtains, there is a set of room darkening curtains behind the sheers to use.

As my husband drives for a living, we have stayed at many, many places, and this HIE ranks at the top as a place to rest your head after a long day's drive. I believe we've found a second home in which to stay when we travel through Atlanta.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braselton
Hampton Inn & Suites Braselton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton
Best Western Braselton Inn
#1 of 1 in Jefferson
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buford at Mall of Georgia
#2 of 2 in Winder

Been to Holiday Inn Express Braselton? Share your experiences!