“Not a typical hotel restaurant”

Millhouse Steakhouse Brunswick
Ranked #3 of 200 Restaurants in Brunswick
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My in-laws discovered this restaurant a few years ago and every time they stop at the Brunswick exit (heading to/from Florida) they stay at a nearby hotel and eat here. So we (wife, 11-year-old daughter, I) decided to give it a try during a trip down the East coast. We came around 6:20 on a Thursday night. The place was packed. Luckily, a table opened up right as we walked in (others were waiting, but they had larger groups). The dining room is really big and seats quite a few. It's also incredibly loud, so don't expect a quiet meal.

Like you've probably read, the menu is enormous and has some odd selections for a steakhouse (lo-mein?). If you're so inclined, ask about the house wine special. Very cheap (but good) and the bar was extremely generous with the pouring! The glasses are huge. We had heard that the food portions were large, so we skipped the appetizer. I had the grilled chicken and prosciutto sandwich (very good) and my wife had the seasoned scallops (also good). My daughter ordered the burger from the kids menu. It was pre-cooked, dry and nothing like the adult burgers...so I would suggest avoiding the burger for kids. We shared the chocolate overload cake. It was very good!

Server was pleasant but overwhelmed with tables, so service was slow but expected given the time of day and the crowd.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant. Don't be fooled by its connection to the Holiday Inn. This is no hotel restaurant. Prices are a bit steep, but the food was very good. We will be back.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is another of our regular stops on our drive back up North from Florida. We stay at a nearby hotel so that we can walk to the Millhouse and not have to worry about having had a couple of their excellent margharitas.
We started with two different calamaris – both first class. They were large enough to deter us from ordering a main course so we chose two more appetizers – bacon-wrapped sea scallops and “seafood arrabiatta” again they were excellent. We still had all we could eat.
Since it is so popular there may be a wait for a table during the dining hours. They do not take reservations. BUT if one calls and promises to be there very soon they will put you on the waiting list. We did this and had a table within minutes of arrival.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was our 3rd dinner at Millhouse. The first time we didn't expect much from a chain restaurant attached to a hotel. We were happily surprised that we were wrong in our low expectations. We ordered the special, tenderloin tips which were the best we've ever had. The next time there was no special, so we tried the "Chop Steak," which is only slightly similar to what we think of as chopped steak. It tasted like filet mignon and was served with a mushroom and wine gravy that was outstanding. The portions are very generous. The servers were consistently courteous, friendly and appeared tableside at the right times. We've now had 2 breakfasts, and discovered their pancakes this time. These are really, really special pancakes. No fruit or whipped cream, just delicious with slightly crispy edges. The bacon is also very good with more meat than fat.

I recommend the Millhouse! And if you're in Brunswick for more than one meal, you might want to drive one exit north and check out Skippers Fish Camp.

Who knew Brunswick, GA would be a dining destination?

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This restaurant is right off I 95 in a chain hotel. With not very high expectations I walked there from my motel. It was a Friday night and the place was crowded. I had a very nice meal, very good service, and all at reasonable prices. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Very popular place right off I-95 in Brunswick. The menu is expansive (8+ pages) and has a distinct Asian flair to it. The place is always packed so be ready for a lengthy wait at dinner time. Service is hit and miss depending on the server you get. The bar is EXTREMELY loud and raucous.