“This hotel rocks!!”

Comfort Suites Brunswick
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 17 June 2010

First let me say that this hotel is ideal for anyone traveling up/down the I-95 corridor in need of a safe, comfortable and inexpensive place to stay. They do have a luggage rack for hauling the extra beach stuff to the rooms too. If you are looking for more than the continental breakfast that the hotel offers, then there is a Whaffle House on the other side of the overpass or a Huddle House next door. The hotel is sandwiched between 2 gas stations and there is a McDonalds next to the Huddle House that you can safely walk to through connecting parking lots. The hotel parking lots are well lit and my hubby went out a few times after 10pm to smoke his cigars with no problems.

My husband and our 6 & 8yr old children stayed at this hotel during the Memorial Day weekend on our visit to the St Simons/Jekyll Island beaches and we absolutely loved it. Why? the hotel still looks brand new (clean) and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is the closest to Jekyll Island and if you continue over the bridge, St Simons is a few minutes away. Now, finding restaurants is a bit tricky but if you go on I-95N 2 exits and make a right onto the main strip, there are many places to eat,shop and bank. Another easy way from the hotel is to go pass the Jekyll Island turnoff and go over the bridge pass the St Simons turn off and bear left where the road forks. Believe me, everything is quick & easy to get to so don't be afraid to explore.

As far as the rooms being too small, I think they were no different than most hotel rooms. We had a king room but I will say, the sofa bed is not ideal for an adult. I wouldn't put anyone over 50lbs in it because the mattress is thin. The kids loved it because they could each play their own DVD player because they had their own electric outlets. Also about the problem with what to do with the end table at night. I placed mine by the door along the bathroom wall and the desk chair on top of it, keeping the large chair between the desk & dresser. After doing that, we had a practice fire drill and we all got out of the room without any trouble. Another way is to put the end table on the other side of the desk /wall or place it under the desk (nesting). It's all about a little imagination but it does work.

I loved the fact that if we came in from the beach and we track any sand or water on the lobby floor, it's gone before I can come back to clean it myself. That happened to me twice and there's usually a bucket/mop nearby. Overall i'm going to say that the Manager does a great job in taking care of the place. I'm impressed because we have never stayed at a Comfort Suites before and I was very skeptical being a fan of Marriott Hotels and all. We have decided that we will stay at this hotel everytime we visit Jekyll Island and as my daughter puts it, "They Rock".

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank alleycats39
KDBASS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2010

Thanks for sharing your experience. We all try to make this an extraordinary hotel. It's not all about facilities (although we try to keep them in great shape). It's about people! We love serving our guests and want to do everything we can to make positive memories every time. You had a choice of where to stay in Coastal Georgia. Thanks for choosing us!

Karen Bass, GM

Reviewed 10 March 2010

My wife and I have been traveling for 10 days on a southern road trip and we sampled 8 different modest priced stays. This is the best of all because the room is modern, clean, organized in convenient design and best of all, has a mattress overlay and soft pillows. Sleep was assured. Breakfast in morning was cooked with sausage and eggs, fruit and so on. All for $75. We immediately went to stay in Savanna at Comfort Suite in historic town on the strength of our experience with Karen Bass, CHA. Highly recommend this place and the staff Karen has recruited.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
KDBASS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2010

Thanks for the compliments! We love serving our guests!

Reviewed 26 February 2010

Very small room: In order to utilize the sleeper couch, you must move the coffee table into the space between the sleeping area and the door, this blocks access to the bathroom and poses an exit hazard.
Unusable sleeper couch: With the couch extended, the mattress would not lay flat. The head of the bed was about 4"-5" higher than the foot.
Filthy: Cup lids, straws, and bread/cracker remnants under and behind the sleeper couch. It appears the staff will only clean those areas that are easy or convenient to access. There was also something sticky on the nightstands.
Unsafe room: The bed frame had sharp metal rails that extended beyond the sides of the box-spring. My little one and I both scraped our legs on them. It was late, I didn't want to repack everything and move the kids to another room. The rails stuck out far enough that I was able to wrap towels around all 4 extensions, but it still posed a tripping hazard in the middle of the night.
Unsafe hallway: Odd chemical(solvent) smell and super hyper people running through the hallway and screaming in one of the rooms.
Front Desk: They couldn't care less about the bed problem or the dirt in the room. I was told someone would contact me for more details, no one ever called.
Tip: Spend the extra $40 and stay and a more upscale hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank DioUsa

It is apparent that we blew it with this stay for this precious family. I don't blame them for being upset. This particular room is one of 4 smaller rooms in the hotel which might be fine for a single traveler, but not ideal for a family. The majority of our suites are large rooms with either a king bed or two queen beds, each with a sleeper sofa. We should have made sure the family was assigned one of those rooms. As for the safety issues, maintenance made the necessary repairs immediately when notified.

Our staff strives to present a superior experience for every guest. As human beings, we occasionally fail in our efforts. We have reached out to this guest to make things right and have taken measures to assure that this type of thing does not happen again.

Reviewed 3 February 2010

This hotel was a great find. It was very clean. The beds were very comfortable. It was very quiet. We've never stayed at a comfort suites before but we will again. The pool was very nice too. Perfect for young kids to jump around in after a long day of traveling.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
KDBASS, General manager at Comfort Suites Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2010

Thanks for your kind remarks! We love what we do. It makes it all worth it when someone gives us positive feedback!

Reviewed 21 October 2009

me and my wife have been married for 39 years and we have traveled alot in our marriage for family events and vacations and i will have to say this hotel is one of the best that we have stayed in. it was so clean! TINA who checked us in at the front desk was just as nice as could be and so sweet. about two hours of being there we had a problem with our microwave and she came down to see what i was doing wrong.when she realized it wasnt fixable she went into another room and switched them out. bless her heart she is as little as a mouse carrying a microwave thats bigger than her! the breakfast in the morning was very good as well and so was the women who checked us out that day!WE WILL BE BAK FOR CERTAIN! WE HOPE TINA WILL STILL BE THERE!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
KDBASS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2010

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are truly blessed to have folks like Tina as part of our team. It takes all of us to make it happen, but we hope to keep stars like Tina for a long time!

Reviewed 2 July 2009

This hotel is newer and very nice and clean on the outside. Our first room was not clean and had food on the floor. Our 2nd room was somewhat clean but the comforter had obvious stains on it. This hotel was noisy. We could hear every word our neighbors said. The other downfall was there are no restaurants at this exit. We drove 7 miles to a local restaurant and overpaid for lousy food. You may not know it from my comments but I usually try to see the good and overlook the bad. With this stay there was too much bad. Stay at the other Brunswick exit where there are more choices available.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank gardeningmom
Reviewed 29 June 2009

The room was big, and had two queen beds plus a sleeper sofa - perfect for a family of 5. We arrived at 9:30pm and left the next morning, so we didn't see the pool or fitness center. The room was clean. Breakfast was free - eggs and sausage, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, bread, bagels, apples and oranges. I love this chain of hotels because we have 3 kids, and a regular double room can only sleep 4 - the sleeper sofa allows the room to sleep 6, which is great for larger families.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family