“Typical Hampton Inn, which is a good thing”

Hampton Inn & Suites Brunswick
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Marietta, Georgia
“Typical Hampton Inn, which is a good thing”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Clean rooms, clean everything. Booked late in the afternoon through my company's travel agent so I can't complain about having an accessible room (don't need it and the room layout can be odd) or being right next to the elevators/ice machines. Quiet in spite of that. Don't know if it was because I was on the top floor but the wifi was as slow as molasses in January. Minor complaint: Didn't know they gave away complimentary bottles of water, would have been nice to know since I walked to a nearby convenience store to buy some. Brunswick tap water is even worse than Florida's.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Birmingham, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We were able to check in early and this was wonderful since we had time to relax, and dress before our appointment. The manager and staff were friendly and helpful. The manger took time and explained how I should connect with the hotels wi-fi. For me this was especially important, because I am not so computer savy.

Largo, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stopped here on our way to NC. We made a reservation on the way up from Florida and everyone was so friendly. Check in took only a few minutes and the room was super clean!! We are a family of 5 and were very happy with the pull out sofa. It can be hard for us to find a place to stay for 5 and this worked perfectly. Would stay here again anytime we are passing thru.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

pine grove, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2013

After reading other reviews on trip advisor, I decided to try this Hampton. I was not disappointed. It was very clean and well taken care of. It felt safe there, and was at a convenient location just off the interstate. I would stay there again and I recommend it.

Mirfield, West Yorkshire
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We had an overnight here between Jekyll Island and a booking on St Simon's Island. Staff as we have come to expect were welcoming, efficient and friendly. The room was spotlessly clean, light and airy and with the usual crisp clean linen. Breakfast was good, again as we have come to expect, even though the hotel was very busy with family reunions the breakfast items were always being replaced and the area cleaned. Our room was very close to the elevator but we heard no noise from it or the adjacent vending machines.
If you use a sat nav system be aware, heading north out of Brunswick on the I 25, that you need to drive past the hotel before turning left. If you are not careful you will take the left turn onto the I 95 slip road as we did - and others, as we watched later and saw quite a few reverse back out of the slip road after presumably making the same mistake as us.
Would we return - yes of course..

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James B
Fort Mitchell, Alabama
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We had previously stayed at this Hampton Inn and had given it a pretty positive review. However, when we just stayed there we were not treated the way we are used to being treated at Hampton Inns. I am a HHonors silver customer who missed being gold last year by one stay (due to illness). We like Hamptons when traveling as they are conveniently located, clean, comfortable and we are almost always treated with courtesy and respect. We made the reservation here well in advance through HHonors. As always, I requested a high floor away from elevators and vending machines. When we arrived, we were assigned a room on the 2nd floor (out of five) right next to the elevator and vending/ice machines. I went back to the clerk, she gave me a room next to the original one and told me they were filled. When I asked if everyone in the hotel had higher status than me and if they had made specific requests in their reservations, I got a sarcastic answer and was told to basically take it or else. We also get a 2 bottles of water when we check in to a Hampton but this Hampton only gives them to Gold and Diamond members. The room was very noisy due to the elevators and machines and one of the beds was worn out such that it was uncomfortable and noisy. WE will never stay here again!

Room Tip: There does not seem to be a successful strategy as I do not believe they even read the specail reque...
1 Thank bigchet
frank_gilford, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Brunswick, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you've encountered at our property. We've compensated you with taking care of your stay as well as issued bonus points as well as a follow up email. When we're sold out, it's difficult for us to maximize the requests for guest stay. There's always plenty of water complimentary for guest liking. We do respect you as a Hilton Honors Member and would like to have you again. If there's anything else we can do to assist you, please feel free to contact us at any time. Thank You
ELLENWOOD, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Overall my stay at the Hampton Suites was pretty good. The facility was clean and the staff was courteous. The amenities at this location were fairly new, very clean and comfortable. I would recommend staying at the Brunswick Hampton location to my friends and family.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family