“Wonderful place to stop on a long journey”

Hampton Inn & Suites Brunswick
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Florida
“Wonderful place to stop on a long journey”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Traveling from a family reunion, we stopped here to spend the night and were very pleased with the hotel, its staff and the location right off 95. Room was spotless, beds were very comfortable and room was very quiet. A good oasis in the concrete jungle.

Room Tip: Very clean and comfortable, restaurants within walking distance, wonderful staff and great complemen...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Stuart
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Whenever we stay at Hampton Inn, we ask for king bed. This Hampton Inn had the most comfortable bed. The room could have had a more comfortable chair to sit in. Guess I will have to specify on the next stay. The employees were very friendly. I look forward to a return visit

Room Tip: Ask for preferences when reserving.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta GA
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Finishing up a long weekend in Savannah and the Golden Isles I booked a double queen suite at Hampton Inn & Suites in Brunswick, GA for a one night stay. The hotel is located just off the interstate and is about a 20 minute drive to the gateway to Jekyll and St Simons. The hotel is small, situated with several other hotels and near gas and food. Rooms are clean, beds are really comfortable and the duvet covers and linens are laundered after each guest stay. The duvet covers are white so it was pretty obvious they were nice and clean. The suite, though small was cozy and had a fridge, microwave, work area and the usual hair dryer, iron and board and a safe in the closet. The room had a unique door lock that prevented the door from being opened from the hallway, like a safety chain lock only more efficient. The bathroom was clean and the hotel stocks Neutrogena shampoos, soaps and lotions. The hotel has a business center, gorgeous breakfast room and gym. Rooms are quiet and staff is very friendly and courteous. I had an issue at check-in as I had booked last minute with an online hotel booking company. Mr. Frank Gilford at reception went above and beyond to sort out the issue and booked me in a room early honoring the rate quoted online. I didn't get a chance to get breakfast but did use the free Wi-Fi and enjoyed the large screen TV Sunday evening. I would recommend this hotel for family or business travel.

Room Tip: My room was on the fourth floor, the first room past the elevator and vending machine but it was ver...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lexcyn1
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Wow is all I can say. I was on a week long work trip and this was one of the best Hampton Inns I've ever stayed in. I had a suite and it was fantastic! The breakfasts were great and the staff very friendly and helpful. I look forward to staying in this hotel the next time I go back to Brunswick!

• Stayed July 2014
Stafford, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Located right off of I-95 near Brunswick. Easy to find. Great room. Clean sheets. Great flat screen TV. Solid fitness room. Very quiet. Fantastic place to stop if traveling along the eastern seaboard.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Our stay (with 3 young children) at this Hampton Inn in Brunswick GA was a nice break from driving, on our return home from Tampa FL to Charlotte NC. Check-in was quick and easy. The room was very spacious and the floor plan was a convenient design. The furniture, the bathroom, the bed sheets and mattresses were all in great shape, clean, and free from any odors. The restaurant directly behind the hotel was outstanding and we highly recommend the ribs. Noon check-out allowed us to sleep in and enjoy a nice breakfast before heading out.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The cable TV system was not working very well while I was there; TV signal issues? One my co-workers said their TV remote did not work in their room, mine did, but none of the channels were 100% available anyway. The sink in the bathroom was partially plugged, so brushing my teeth was annoying at best. The food was nasty, I guess since its "free", I should not expect much, and I usually don’t. However, I have been to many other hotels that provide a complimentary breakfast, and the staff is wonderful, they take ownership of the food quality and service provided. Meaning, the food available is fresh, of good quality, and something that they are proud of. I saw someone glide through at one point, not sure if they were taking care of the food or taking out the garbage. I suppose it does not matter, they clearly did not care one way or the other. Seems like the whole staff is just logging in hours until it's time to leave. There is no passion or enthusiasm for being there and that's unfortunate, because the hotel is nice otherwise. If it stays this way, I’m sure the facility will continue to suffer.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business