“Very satisfying”

Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Houston, Texas
“Very satisfying”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I was very pleased at the cleanliness of this particular property. The staff was very caring and accommodating. The only bad thing I happened to experience was while I was in the lobby. I happened to hear a conversation with a manager and staff member. The young lady apparently was asking about her schedule and the manager had a very rude response. He was very loud and disrespectful. I feel as though any situations dealing with staff members at a business should be held behind doors away from all guests. I am very surprised that this guy is even a manager. I did not want to intrude on the incident, but I did approach the young lady and asked if she was fine and she implied that she was along with an apology, in which she was not the one who needed to apologize.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank larryd65

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Without a doubt this is the best Hampton Inn & Suites I have ever stayed in. Front desk workers were very kind. The next morning those who prepared the food were very gracious. Definitely not the typical "hotel breakfast". Good quality food and good variety. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. If you are between Savannah & Jacksonville, this place should definitely be considered.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MikeRSM
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Mattresses are the best; pillows not my favorite. Breakfast is convenient with several choices. Some days the egg choices are not the best and/or not cooked all the way. Rooms were clean but don't waste time hanging up the towels for water conservation purposes. Maids end up giving you fresh towels. I appreciated the complimentary USA Today

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were very pleased with our entire experience while staying here. The front desk was very pleasant and accommodating. The room was clean and fresh. The breakfast was great, it is always good when you have a hot breakfast to choose from! We did have a room with an adjoining door and we could hear the people in the next room when in that area of the room but it wasn't too bad. Our overall experience was excellent!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank annc733
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here on the way to Florida. Only negative consideration is that it only has an indoor pool.

Check in was quick and efficient... Staff were professional and friendly. We had a large suite on top floor. Was larger than comparable suites at other hotels. Room was clean and had a good layout with a decent sized flat screen tv. Bed was comfortable.

Went for dinner, staff had cookies out for guests upon our return. Pool area was small but clean.

Breakfast area was quite busy in morning. Staff kept food well stocked. Only negative - they only had 2 low quality toasters with 2 piece capacity to use for a large number of guests. They might want to get a commercial toaster with a conveyor belt system to better meet demand.

If we need a room in this area, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank trvlfam99
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

First thing I noticed was what a fresh clean smelling place!!!! didn't have the musty hotel carpet smell.
Very clean overall, elevator was always hot. We had a suite and it was wonderful, very clean!
Visited the indoor pool and that area was nice as well. Laundry was okay.
Traveling with kids it was nice to have hot breakfast and it was pretty good.
The only downer was the morning desk clerk, coming up the hall I could hear her greet an older gentleman guest very warmly, I passed by the desk TWICE and she didn't even acknowledge me, a black woman. She even made eye contact and said NOTHING until I first said "Good Morning", her reply was nowhere near the warm friendly a greeting I had heard her give the gentleman. Very disheartening, but the hotel was great none the less.

Room Tip: hotel seemed quiet overall, no problems with room