“" I love the staff”

Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Me and my family had a wonderful stay at this hotel, the rooms are great and the staff is top of the line, the front desk clerk Mrs. Edna Clark was the best she was very helpful in many ways she was real nice with my kids even though they were being kids. housekeeping was top of the line also, the .head of housekeeping mrs. Tiffany was also the best, my overall experenice at the vhotel was great i would recommend this hotel to president. The next time i'm in town this is were i will be staying!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2012

Hi Warrick, Thanks for the review! I’m so glad you and your kids enjoyed your stay. I will let Tiffany and Edna know they’re doing a great job, and thanks for recommending our hotel! I’m sure the president would love it.  Hope you can come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed 16 December 2011

I have been staying at this hotel almost 4 months straight. The staff is incredibly accommodating and courteous. The hotel is clean and quiet. The rooms are comfortable and housekeeping does a wonderful job. The only complaint is some of the equipment in the fitness room was down. The positives of this hotel definitely have made my stay away from home easier.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Thanks, Carrie H., for taking the time to give us a review. We’re so glad we could be a little home away from home for you while you were here on business! I hope you can tell your colleagues about us and come back again if you’re in the area, we love having you!

Reviewed 7 December 2011

It's been just over a week since our visit, but I need to review this hotel while it's still fresh in my mind. We were there the Fir-Sat night following Thanksgiving. My wife and I wanted a weekend near the coast to enjoy some of those fine, wild Georgia shrimp for dinner, and as well, we wanted to visit the Okefenokee Swamp Wildlife Reserve. After reading many reviews and looking in the Brunswick/Darien area, we decided on the Golden Isle Comfort Suites...we definitely made the right choice. The room & bathroom were absolutely spotless, super comfortable King size bed, great TV and channels, as advertised and the breakfast was really good and kept fresh...fresh you-make 'em waffles, eggs, biscuits & gravy, bacon, sausage and all the other usual breakfast fare...check-in was super fast & friendly (Thanks Edna, you're the best)...we did have a slight problem with the shower draining VERY slowly, and I asked Edna about it...she offered to put us in another room, no questions asked, but we had already used the facilities and figured we could live with it as we were only there for 2 nights...it wasn't all that bad...Edna, Ken and Mark the Manager were super friendly, as were all the staff, responsive to our needs and could not have been more personable and willing to make their guests as comfortable and happy as possible with this hotel. It is very well kept, super clean, no smells anywhere as stated in previous reviews, and the elevator was NOT too slow, as stated in previous reviews...we have absolutely NOTHING even slightly negative to say about this facility. It is no wonder that they have received excellent reviews in the past, and will continue to receive them. It's quiet, convenient to I-95, the coast, the islands and downtown Brunswick, and has a lot to offer. For the money, you cannot beat this hotel...I've stayed in far pricier hotels that could not begin to offer the value we received here. Would not stay anywhere else when I'm even NEAR this area again. IT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER!!!!

Room Tip: We were in Rm 405...it's in the front, and on the corner, far from the elevator and any noise or...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank georgiajack

Thanks, Georgiajack, for taking the time to tell us what you thought about your stay. We’re so glad you had a great experience because that’s what we’re here for! You’ll have to come back anytime you want to go to “the Swamp” again! And next time check out Cumberland Island…it’s one of my favorite places!
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 October 2011

This was one the best stays my husband and I have stayed for even for a 1/3 of the amount. The room was impeccable with the best nights sleep we have ever had. If were are ever traveling in the area again this hotel with be definitely top on our list.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Little6069
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

Thank you so much for your review. We are really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel! Thank you so much for picking us over the other options and we really can’t wait for you to come back. Thanks for taking the time to write about us!

Reviewed 27 October 2011

I have stayed here several times since it opened and the place is clean and front desk staff is friendly and helpful. However some of the other staff are rude and needs to realize that guest pay for their salaries.More hospitality and respect for guest are needed there. The person that does the breakfast was late for work the two mornings I was last there.Therefor breakfast was late and hurriedly thrown together. Food was still partially frozen and sausage was ice cold.
Housekeepers are eating with guests and talking very loud and discussing inappropriate topics around children.Hotel staff should have breakfast in another area.
Breakfast staff very rude in response to any complaints about problems with breakfast.
However there are some good points to this property and in fact they are close to interstate and have a very good restaurant next door.
Overall i would recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a clean and comfortable place to stay only if you don't care about a decent breakfast.
I think the star rating may be a little high for this property.

William H
Atlanta,Ga.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upgrade because they are rarely booked solid.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

William H.,
I am so very sorry for the experience you had at my hotel and I take full responsibility for this. If you could email me at moquinn at kasandas dot com I would greatly appreciate it if you could describe or name any of the people who were loud and rude. I will certainly be speaking with everyone on the team about this and taking action!
This is in no way acceptable and it is something we do not tolerate and I can assure you a change WILL be made!

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Nice, clean room, nicer than the average motels alongside interstate 95 for the same price. Good breakfast and friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2011

Hi rmzass,
Thanks for your review. We’re happy you enjoyed the hotel and team. Hopefully we can continue to be nicer than average because that’s certainly part of what we aim to do. Hope you can recommend us to your family and friends.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

When it comes to off-the-interstate chain hotels, I've found that new is usually (though not always) better. That's the case here. I had stopped staying at Comfort hotels because of some bad experiences with their oldie moldies. I tried this hotel because of Trip Advisor ratings and can't complain, although five stars is a bit much for a quick-stop hotel. This one is well kept and in a nice office park setting with a decent restaurant within easy walking distance. Great for one night, but not a destination hotel by any means.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank noduh

Noduh,
I’m glad you tried us since we were new and let me be the first to say we plan on doing everything that we can to keep this hotel up when you are no longer considered new.
Thank you for your business and I hope you can come back and stay with us again…and recommend us to your family and friends.