“Outstanding Value”

Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stay at Comfort Suite Hotels because they all have microwave ovens and refrigerators. This hotel is way above average because the rooms are large, clean and very comfortable. Because my stay was overnight I did not have much time to interact with the staff. However, I found the front desk personnel to be pleasant and polite.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul S
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Paul S: Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased that your stay with us was a great experience. Our staff is also outstanding and I hope that when you return to stay with us that you have an opportunity to interact with them. We do maintain our hotel to the highest of standards.
We do hope that you will come and stay with us again when traveling this way.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick

Reviewed 7 December 2013

My husband and I previously enjoyed staying overnight at this motel when traveling from FL to NC. This visit did not disappoint. Our king bed room was large and very clean. Our room and the entire property seemed well maintained. Check in/check out staff were pleasant. Being within a short walk to a Millhouse restaurant is a real plus. Complimentary breakfast offered hot and cold selections and some fresh fruit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eileen O

Eileen O: Thank you for your review of our hotel. We do strive for Excellence. We are very happy that your stay with us was everything you would have expected and more. On behalf of my staff and myself, thank you for staying with us, and we invite you to come and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Room, pool and hot breakfast were excellent. The staff ignored us. No customer consciousness whatsoever. No "good morning", "enjoy your stay?" or "good bye!" What could be more important in the front lobby than those making it allg possible.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank teacherbev
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Hi teacherbev,

First, let me tell you that I am VERY SORRY you had this experience at my hotel!

I have sent you a private message on TripAdvisor because I would like to talk to you in more detail to find out a little more about your stay. I will certainly speak with my team about this because this is not a normal experience a guest of the Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway would have.

I am, however, glad that you liked the features of the hotel. I'm just really, really sorry the nice features of the hotel did not extend over to the team!

I do hope you will try staying with us again but I am very sorry for the experience you had!

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

No complaints. Clean and well kept rooms, friendly and professional staff at this Choice property conveniently located off 95.
Previous negative reviews frankly do not offer an accurate portrait.certainly not a resort property but worth the price and you'll find no issues.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank travelinman47

Hi travelinman47,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and found the rooms to be friendly and the staff professional!

Please tell your family and friends about us if they will be traveling in our area. We would love to have them stay with us!

Again, thank you for your review and kind comments!

Thanks,

Reviewed 24 October 2013

According to the very accomodating desk clerk, this comfort suites hotel is only a few years old. As a true road-warrior, I can see that the hotel is on the road to neglect. There are little dust pockets, "lint" (I hope!), all over the towels, beds, fabric sofas abd chairs. The halls and elevators should be vacuumed more frequently. The air conditioner in the gym is broken and the fitness equipment has not been cleaned in a long time.
To me, cleanliness and safety are the most important crteria, in this level of hotel. Usually, housekeeping issues can be solved by the employment of motivated workers. This is hard work! Nothing motivates more than financial incentive (a decent wage) and hands-on involvement and feedback by the bosses.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Gingeete
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Hi Gingeete,

First I want to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. Secondly, I would like to sincerely apologize for the fact that we did not live up to our standards, or yours! I am truly sorry for the experience you had and I personally promise you I, along with my team, will work hard to solve the problems!

Mark Daniel O'Quinn
Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway

Reviewed 18 October 2013

The ladies at the check in desk are very polite and helpful, especially when she was very cooperative to make sure our room suited us. Our room on the 4th floor was quiet, clean and the bed was comfortable. The only negative is the very low toilets - like from a kindergarten class. Older folks like tall toilets. Other than that issue, it is a good stop to see St Simons, Darien, and Brunswick.

Room Tip: We liked the 4th floor for quiet. If other guests won't slam their doors. It's hard to regul...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank juliarosecat

Hi Juliarosecat,

We really appreciate you taking the time for your review and kind comments! I will certainly let the ladies at the front desk know you appreciated them. We are lucky to have a really good team.

It is always good when the beds are comfortable and you can get a good nights sleep, and the rooms are clean. I wish we could do something about the low toilets, but I will offer this piece of advice: if anyone does have a problem getting up from a low toilet, request a handicap room because they do have much higher toilets. Hope that helps!

Again, thanks for the review and we hope to see you again very soon!

Safe Travels,
Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Overall, a very clean hotel, very quick.easy check in. Bedrooms quiet even though close to road and very comfortable beds. bathrooms are nice with granite etc..but need a little "touch up". Great location right off the expressway and very close to Coastal College of Brunswick and10- 15 minutes from Saint Simons.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank bzgirl58
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear bzgirlatlanta, I am pleased that your overall experience with your stay at our hotel was an exceptional one. As with any hotel, there are always going to be minor touch ups. We thank you for bringing this to our attention. Without our guest feedback, we would really have no idea as to what needed touching up, so again thank you and we would love for you to come back and stay with us again.