“Home away from home”

Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

My family and I had to stay at comfort suites for nine days until we were able to find a condo to live in while my house was being repaired. A 60 ft tree unfortunately fell on my house causing major damage that put us out of our home for quite a while. The staff was great especially Cheryl , tameasha, Velma and all the ladies at the front desk. There was one guy on the evening shift that was very helpful. Every evening we walked in to "welcome home " and how is everything going with your house. The care and concern made it a great stay. I have no complaints at all. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed January 2014
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thanks, Justblessed1, for reviewing us. I'm sorry you had to stay with us because of the tree but I am really happy you were able to feel that this was your home away from home. That is something we try to do with all of our guests.

I will certainly let Cheryl, Tamisha, and Velma know you appreciated them!

Mark Daniel O'Quinn
Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Little Switzerland, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2014

pulled in after a long day of driving to find a jewel in the middle of nowhere! The girl at the front desk was so helpful and friendly. She took care of everything for us knowing how tired we were. She pointed out the restaurants close by that would deliver and even gave us menus and feedback on all of them with suggestions of what was best. She was certainly spot on! The room was to die for. Never have I seen a hotel that offers you your choice of pillow firmness just there for you. Breakfast the next morning was above average for most places that include "continental breakfast". It was more than just pastry and juice, there were waffles, pancakes and wide variety of other fruits and cereals along with toast and bagels. Enough to get us on our way. We will certainly plan to stop there on our next trip down to see the kids!

Room Tip: They are all good rooms and there is a self serve laundry on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jo Anne T
Hi Jo Anne,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay! I wish I knew the name of the desk clerk who took such good care of you! It is so wonderful to hear we are taking care of the guests because you are certainly the reason we're here.
I hope you tell your family and friends about us and can come back, soon!
Thanks again!
Mark Daniel O'Quinn
Sandy Springs, Georgia
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

I travel 4 days a week, I am at the Elite level of all the rewards programs I am a member. I typically stay with Comfort Inn & Suites where the hotel suits my travel. THIS Hotel is one of the best! From the moment I walked in Tanisha was very cordial, helpful and accommodating. She checked me in and I walked up to check on my room. The lay out didn't work for my needs and she walked up to the floor with me, showed me several different layouts and made sure I was comfortable with the one I wanted. Each day the same high level of service from front desk, great housekeeping each day, great breakfast each day. The stay for the 4 days was outstanding. Obviously, this Hotel management team AND it's staff understand what it takes to manage a hotel the right way. This is now set up as one of my favorites...see you guys next trip.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Hi Bobby B.,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. And we are so glad you decided to stay with us at the Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway during your recent trip and are very honored to hear you will be returning! We would be more than happy to be your hotel home away from home!
I will certainly let Tamisha know you appreciated the time she took with you! We try to treat each guest like they are the only person who matters and I'm pleased to hear she did that with you!
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Mark, GM
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 31 December 2013

New hotel, reasonable price, clean room with excellent pillow-top bed. Front desk clerk Brenda was very pleasant and helpful. Other front desk staff were not friendly nor helpful and ignored my wife and I. Will not stay at this particular location again.

2 Thank 912greenrice
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Hi 912greenrice,

I am very, very sorry you had this experience with our hotel. Most of the time people think our team is very friendly so I am very sorry for the experience you had.

I sent you a private message through TripAdvisor in hopes that you will return the email to me because I would really like to contact you to find out who you dealt with. I would really like to speak to that person, or those people.

Again, I am very sorry you had this experience with unfriendly staff but I promise you that is not the experience our guests normally have. I do hope you will use us again in the future and give us another try.

Metro Detroit
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The breakfast was a major bust! One of the things that makes the Comfort Suites a good value (at least to me), is the above average "free" breakfast that is usually included. For a family trip with 3 or 4 people, it is a great value when factoring in the breakfast, but, for this location, we were quite a bit disappointed ( as well as 25+ other folks that were at/near the breakfast counter).

Long review short, the check in was nice and quick, the room was clean and quiet, and the bed was decent.

The breakfast was moderate to poor, with part of the trouble being the crowd of people and not having enough staff or product to keep availability up. The small dishes of Eggs and Sausage ran out after every 2 or 3 people, and were not quickly replaced, the 2 waffle makers (the highlight of a comfort suites breakfast in my opinion) were unplugged and not available, with an explanation of "No batter" given (this had quite a few folks shaking heads and walking away). The fruit selection was the saddest display I've seen at a breakfast station yet, which had my daughter asking "what happened to the apples daddy?".

So, in short I guess the review would be a 3.5 if I could give it, but due to the disappointment of the breakfast and seeing the entire crowd disappointed as well, I rounded down to a 3.

Room Tip: 4th floor room we were in was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Matt M
Hi Matt M.,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review online.

I'm sorry you did not have a good experience with us and did not enjoy the breakfast. I know when everyone comes down at once time the breakfast room does get very crowded.

We will try to work on making sure things are restocked faster. I know there was one morning when there was a problem with the waffle makers so I'm sorry nobody explained this to you and it was on the day you were here.

Again, I'm very sorry about your experience and hope you will give us another try.

Niles, Ohio
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We arrived in the evening after a day of travel. Access is very easy off the interstate. Bedding was comfortable . The room is nicely layed out and it is always great to have a small refrigerator in the room. The lady at the front desk was also very friendly. There is a very small pool but we did not use it. Breakfast was average hotel fare- nothing to get excited about. I am rating this average for the following reasons--- Toilet paper holder fell off the wall as soon as we touched it. The Bathroom sink stop did not work, we had to pull it completely out to drain the water..ugh!. Could not get the desk phone to work. The safe did not work. We were in for the night when we noticed these issues, and did not call the front desk at night. Most of these are minor fixes and I am surprised that they went unattended to, as they are obvious. It makes you wonder how many other things are slipping by. (Note when leaving the lady at the desk was appreciative that we mentioned the above.)

2 Thank CAT_AJM
Thanks, CAT_AJM, for taking the time to give us a review online.

I'm glad that you liked most things about tho hotel. I'm also very sorry you had the maintenance issues. I will speak with the maintenance and housekeeping teams so that we can hopefully avoid issues like this in the future!

I do hope you will stay with us again in the future but I'm very sorry everything didn't go better while you were here!

Brewerton, New York
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stay at Comfort Suite Hotels because they all have microwave ovens and refrigerators. This hotel is way above average because the rooms are large, clean and very comfortable. Because my stay was overnight I did not have much time to interact with the staff. However, I found the front desk personnel to be pleasant and polite.

1 Thank Paul S
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Paul S: Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased that your stay with us was a great experience. Our staff is also outstanding and I hope that when you return to stay with us that you have an opportunity to interact with them. We do maintain our hotel to the highest of standards.
We do hope that you will come and stay with us again when traveling this way.

Cordially,