“Good hotel for 5 people”

Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
“Good hotel for 5 people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We stopped at this hotel on our way down i95; this is one of the few hotels that accommodates 5 people without a first-come first-serve cot like a lot of other hotels. I just wish the room had sheets and blankets ON the pull-out sofa or in the closet when we arrived. The desk staff were very helpful in rectifying this. We'd definitely stay here again. Kind of annoying to have to deal with at midnight.

Stayed February 2014
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Hi OneOfSixInMD,

Well thank you for staying with us and I'm really glad we were able to accommodate all of your travelers. We cannot put the sheets on the bed but there should have been linens in the closet for you so I will certainly look into that with the housekeeping team.

I hope you will stay with us on your next trip!

Mark Daniel O'Quinn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Janesville, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

This was our first time at this hotel. Our room was clean and fresh. There was adequate space for two people. The breakfast area was adequate, but not overly large. The front desk area is large and spacious and gives you a good first impression. The staff were both friendly and helpful. This hotel is off the highway in a complex with other hotels. The area is both quiet and feels safe. We will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Mindy and Roger A,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review online! I really do hope you stay with us again, and tell your family and friends if they might be traveling our way.

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Although situated in a good location near I95, the hotel room was rather small. Bed was comfortable and there was a good use of the limited space. The breakfast did not measure up to the usual standard. No cream for coffee, toaster not working very well, several people had issues with the waffle unit and the overall display of the food was not up to par. Would not return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi db1227,

I am very sorry that you did not have a great experience at my hotel! I take personal responsibility for this and sincerely apologize!

hellertown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stopped at this hotel on our way home from Florida and after a day of driving. We checked with the hotel clerk, Tamisha, and were delighted that she gave us a room that we requested, at a price lower than we requested and with a welcoming attitude and smile! The room was recently renovated and the stay included a freshly baked cookie at night and a hot breakfast in the morning..

Room Tip: We requested the top floor away from the elevator, ice machine or any noise and received it.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kate040
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Hello Kate040: First let me say thank you for staying with us at Comfort Suites, Golden Isles Gateway. We are pleased that you were greeted by our front desk agent, Tamisha and that it was a pleasant welcome. We strive for the best customer service throughout the hotel. I will be sure to let her know that you were very pleased with the service, rate, room and breakfast. Please come and stay with us again and for also posting your views on our hotel.

Cheryl Prosser
Winthrop, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

We were thrilled to find this place on our trip South. It is always a challenge to find a "real" handicap room with a shower that really accommodates me. This was it. Spacious suite. I was disappointed however when I turned back the bed and saw that the bed skirt had a huge rip over 2 feet long. I mentioned it to the person at the front desk actually. Seems like someone knew it had been like that for some time, but did nothing about it, sad.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello AnnieD39: First let me say thank you for staying with us at Comfort Suites, Golden Isles Gateway. I am very sorry to hear that there was a problem with your room, and we thank our guests for letting us know when there is a problem such as this, and I apologize to you. I am glad to hear that your were satisfied with your room other than the bed skirt. The problem has been addressed and it has been removed. Again, I am sorry that you had to be subjected to this minor mishap. Please come and stay with us again.

Cheryl Prosser
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

My family and I had to stay at comfort suites for nine days until we were able to find a condo to live in while my house was being repaired. A 60 ft tree unfortunately fell on my house causing major damage that put us out of our home for quite a while. The staff was great especially Cheryl , tameasha, Velma and all the ladies at the front desk. There was one guy on the evening shift that was very helpful. Every evening we walked in to "welcome home " and how is everything going with your house. The care and concern made it a great stay. I have no complaints at all. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed January 2014
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thanks, Justblessed1, for reviewing us. I'm sorry you had to stay with us because of the tree but I am really happy you were able to feel that this was your home away from home. That is something we try to do with all of our guests.

I will certainly let Cheryl, Tamisha, and Velma know you appreciated them!

Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway
Little Switzerland, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

pulled in after a long day of driving to find a jewel in the middle of nowhere! The girl at the front desk was so helpful and friendly. She took care of everything for us knowing how tired we were. She pointed out the restaurants close by that would deliver and even gave us menus and feedback on all of them with suggestions of what was best. She was certainly spot on! The room was to die for. Never have I seen a hotel that offers you your choice of pillow firmness just there for you. Breakfast the next morning was above average for most places that include "continental breakfast". It was more than just pastry and juice, there were waffles, pancakes and wide variety of other fruits and cereals along with toast and bagels. Enough to get us on our way. We will certainly plan to stop there on our next trip down to see the kids!

Room Tip: They are all good rooms and there is a self serve laundry on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jo Anne T
Hi Jo Anne,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay! I wish I knew the name of the desk clerk who took such good care of you! It is so wonderful to hear we are taking care of the guests because you are certainly the reason we're here.
I hope you tell your family and friends about us and can come back, soon!
Thanks again!