“Great place to stay!”

Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I just got back from a week stay at this hotel and it was such a great place to stay! I've been to Brunswick before but chose this hotel this time because of the indoor pool. Unfortunately it was a tad chilly for us but I saw other people going and enjoying it. Cheryl at the front desk was absolutely amazing, each time we saw her she was always pleasant and she would always talk with us and our 5 month old, who just would smile and smile at her. Tiffany, another employee, there was always super friendly as well. I have to say besides the rooms being big, nice and clean the staff is one of the reasons I would stay at this hotel again. They also tried to accommodate me checking out late, one lady told me noon which I just ended up hanging out in the lobby after the late checkout while I waited for my husband. Shortly after, two other ladies on shift then told me I could have my room key back for a little but longer, but still a few big things staying with me in the lobby because of the down pour so it was appreciated but declined. Overall, a great place to stay, close to I-95, shopping, restaurants and a short drive to the islands!

Stayed: April 2014
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hello jim0421

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing our hotel. We are all pleased that you stay was everything you had hoped it to be and more. We strive for customer satisfaction. The Mill House across the parking lot is very good and I am glad that you got to experience that as well. We cordially invite you and your family to come stay with us again, and if you have any family or friends that will be traveling this summer, please refer them to us. Again thank you for staying with us, we appreciate you and your family.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The only knock on Comfort Suites Brunswick is that the wifi could have been better because the signal kept on dropping from our room. Besides from that, the hotel staff was great and provided everything we needed. The indoor pool was great and my daughter loved it. Even greater the fact that the weather was on the chilly side when the sun went down. The room was very nice and clean. Very modern as well, nothing seemed outdated. The breakfast was better than I had expected. It's nice to have a warm breakfast in the mornings, unlike some other hotels that are on the islands. If you decide to come to the Golden Isles and prefer to pay cheaper hotel rates and stay off island, Comfort Suites is the place.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank KTP_55555

Hello KTP_55555

The Staff here at Comfort Suites would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We all are very pleased that your stay with us was above your expectations with the exception of the WiFi. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and assure you that we have taken care of the problem. We would like to invite you and your family & friends to come back and stay with us this summer. Again thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Nothing against Comfort Inn, but this hotel is way beyond any Comfort Inn I have ever stayed in! Very stylish, modern rooms. Very comfortable bed. Laundry onsite. And as mentioned in previous reviews, the staff is amazingly helpful. Cheryl at the front desk was especially helpful. We travel a lot and it is really great when you find service staff that really mean it when they say, "can I help you?!!"

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Jules71:

First let me say thank you for taking the time out to post a review. I would like to thank you also for the kind words. We do have an exceptional staff, and Cheryl will always go above and beyond to meet the guests needs. I am so very happy that your stay with us was one to remember. Please come back and stay with again. Also, please refer us to your friends and family if traveling south this summer.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel for I nite in march. Found the rooms very clean & well appointed. The morning buffet was also good - not a huge choice but sufficient. We had a bus take us to a restaurant at nite so can't comment on nearby restaurants. Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hello cruisequeenma: We would all like to thank you for staying with us, and were happy to hear that your stay was a good one. The breakfast buffet 99% of the time is very well stocked, so if there were items missing, I do apologize. Glad to hear that it was sufficient. I will pass the information along to my kitchen staff to be more aware of items that may be low. We would love to invite you back to stay with us again when traveling this way. Again, thank you for your review and for staying with us. We appreciate your business.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Cheryl on the front desk is a jewel !
Choice Hotels (once again) had not forwarded our Special Request from our internet booking (Quiet top floor room away from elevator).
Cheryl was able to juggle and move bookings around to accomodate us - subsequently we stayed there twice on our trip to and from Florida.
I also overheard Cheryl dealing with phone and front desk travellers - she is incredibly patient and strives to accomodate everyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jerry D
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Hi JayDeefromBramalea,

Thanks for giving us a review and I will certainly thank Cheryl for helping fix the problem you had from your reservation. I'm very sorry, however, about the issue with the reservation and your special request not being forwarded to us. But I am glad Cheryl was able to accommodate you.

I hope you will stay with us again on your future trips!

Mark, GM

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We stopped at this hotel on our way down i95; this is one of the few hotels that accommodates 5 people without a first-come first-serve cot like a lot of other hotels. I just wish the room had sheets and blankets ON the pull-out sofa or in the closet when we arrived. The desk staff were very helpful in rectifying this. We'd definitely stay here again. Kind of annoying to have to deal with at midnight.

Stayed: February 2014

Hi OneOfSixInMD,

Well thank you for staying with us and I'm really glad we were able to accommodate all of your travelers. We cannot put the sheets on the bed but there should have been linens in the closet for you so I will certainly look into that with the housekeeping team.

I hope you will stay with us on your next trip!

Mark Daniel O'Quinn

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This was our first time at this hotel. Our room was clean and fresh. There was adequate space for two people. The breakfast area was adequate, but not overly large. The front desk area is large and spacious and gives you a good first impression. The staff were both friendly and helpful. This hotel is off the highway in a complex with other hotels. The area is both quiet and feels safe. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Mindy and Roger A,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review online! I really do hope you stay with us again, and tell your family and friends if they might be traveling our way.

Mark Daniel O'Quinn