“Breakfast is better in your grocery freezer department! Stay at home or go to Dennys!”
Review of Corner Cafe'

Ranked #124 of 198 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: American
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Don't believe everything you read in reviews is the lesson I learned. I was going on the other 5 star reviews at the citysearch webpage when I visited this place. Boy what a mistake that was. Finding the place wasn't hard at all as we had directions given to us by our hotel clerk.

Upon arriving we were greeted and sat immediately. There are about 8 tables in the front area with a bar. I'm not sure about the seating in the back. For a Sunday I was shocked there wasn't more people in this place which sort of tipped me off that this wasn't what I had hoped. Most places that have the best breakfast in town are packed through noon. There was enough room to seat around 28 in the area we were sitting but, only 9 of those seats were taken including ours

My daughter and I ordered orange juice, water and coffee to drink. We ordered french toast, pancakes, eggs over medium with bacon, toast and grits. That sounds like a lot but when you only eat half of it, it's really not that much at all.

The orange juice comes in little single serve plastic bottles. It's some no name brand O.J. vitamin fortified from concentrate and it tasted like vitamins. Definitely not O.J.. The water was tap water which of course was free and it tasted like tap water. If you've ever had tap water along the south east coastline of the U.S. then you know what it tasted like. The coffee was o.k. till I opened the creamers and about half of them were chunky. My coffee during our long stay was never refilled or topped off.

As for the food it was probably one of the worst breakfast I've ever had for the exception of the eggs and toast. The food looked good but don't ever judge the book by it's cover. The bacon pretty much had no flavor whatsoever. It was also swimming in grease. My daughter was so disgusted by the taste of the pancakes that she made me take a bite. I have absolutely no comparable term to even relate the taste to. I think they were frozen now that I think of it. There was no way these were made fresh in house. The french toast held true to the same frozen theme as the pancakes. My daughter only ate them because she was hungry and didn't want to stop somewhere else. The grits had some sort of flavored yellow oil on them that I think was supposed to be butter or margarine but was lacking any familiar taste of either.

If they had screwed up the over medium cooked eggs and toast it would have been a total disaster. All in all including the tip we ended up dropping $25. My daughter was wondering why I would even leave a tip but coming from the food industry I've never left without giving a tip. I just never go back and make sure I post an honest review so that other patrons don't waste thier money. The only reason I gave them one star was because the place has potential with the right food. Sad that such a neat place is horrible with one of the easiest meals of the day.

• Visited March 2012

“Best food in town!”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Great place, fun, and the food leaves you wanting more. I've lived in downtown Brunswick my whole life and I am so happy that we have a place like this to go to now. The guys that run the place make you feel like you are at your favorite relatives dinner table. I would recommend this place to anyone that wants a true southern experience and some great food to go with it!

Georgia USA
“Neighbor cafe”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Good breakfast and lunch menu. Service a little slow. Desserts are excellent

Visited November 2011
Brunswick, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Corner Cafe - Awesome atmosphere, food and music!”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Had a wonderful time listening to Michael Hulett's jazz sounds this past Sunday night at The Corner Cafe...the owners and staff were friendly and made sure we enjoyed our evening...the ribs were absolutely the best I've ever had!! Thankful that we now have another great place to hang out in our downtown Brunswick, GA!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank ReneeDee
Brunswick, Georgia
“Favorite cafe”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

My favorite cafe with great food and within walking distance of my home . I am a very frequent customer.