“Nice place to stop for the night, sort of.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Brunswick GA
Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Hixson
Reviewed 25 December 2013

On the plus side.. the young man who greeted me at the desk was very nice and professional. It gave me pause because there was a night window. I immediately wondered what neighborhood I was in as a woman traveling alone.
The room was not what I expected having stayed in a Baymont before. There was mold on the ceiling and walls in the bathroom. There also was mold on the shower curtain as well as hair. I also could hear everything in the rooms around me.
I had been traveling for 9 hours and went 1.5 hours out of my way to stay with you because you take pets. If I had not been to the point of exhaustion, I would have gone somewhere else. It seemed as if this was an old property Baymont bought and but t
your name on. This location does not represent your brand well.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

JamesonInnBrunswick, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Brunswick GA, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Sonja W.,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your recent stay at our property. I apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay and I ensure that this is not how we typically operate. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 912.267.0800 so that we can correct this issue.

Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We stayed here for two nights and enjoyed our stay. Let's face it....it's not the Ritz Carlton, but for $46 a night, we had everything we needed and it was clean and new looking. Comfortable bed, flat screen TV, microwave, mini-fridge, in-room safe and continental breakfast too. Warm and friendly hospitality from staff. Continental breakfast was decent too. All kinds of cereal, bagels, muffins, make your own waffle maker, yogurt while watching a flat screen TV in the breakfast room. So we were satisfied. Maybe the management has changed for the better. We were there December, 2013.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Maria C.,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback about your stay at the Baymont Inn and Suites Brunswick, GA. I am extremely grateful that you gave us the opportunity to accommodate you while in the Brunswick, Golden Isles area. Please contact us directly at 912.267.0800 when planning your next visit to the area. Again, thank you for choosing the Baymont Inn and Suites Brunswick, GA.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We found this hotel on tripadvisor, we have stayed in a Baymont before and we loved it so we thought we would try this one! WRONG DECISION! We booked this room for 1 night a trip just to get out of the house overnight! We arrived 2 hours before check in time and thankfully they had a room ready! The front desk staff I believe her name was Kim was very nice at first! We got checked in and went up to our room. The minute we got in and put our stuff now I started feeling something jumping on my legs, I looked down and there were several little black bugs crawling up my legs... come to find out they were fleas! We rushed out of the room and went back to the front desk and explained the situation, Kim was very nice about it and gave us another room. The second room was alittle better not much! The fleas didn't get to us as quick as the first room but they did after about 10 minutes in the 2nd room, before they got to us we discovered the phone, and lamp in the room didn't work. There was also trash all over the floor. When we discovered the fleas we called back down to the front desk and this time she wasn't as nice! She told me we probably brought them in on our clothes and that is was unusual because it was a 100% pet free room! She said she would have her head housekeeper to check another room and that we could look at it first. After getting off the phone we discussed it over and decided to stay In the 2nd room because we didn't want to move all of our stuff again so we went down to explain to the front desk clerk. She was very rude about it and told us she already had the head housekeeper in the 3rd room and we had to move. The 3rd room was a lot better the only thing wrong was the toilet looked really old. Next time we come to Brunswick I will definitely stop somewhere else!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mpeters11
Dear mpeters11,

Please accept my sincerest apology for the issue that occurred with your room. Please contact me directly at 912.267.0800 so that I can correct this issue. Thank you for choosing our property for your lodging needs while in the Brunswick/Golden Isles area.

Mathew G. Gaines Jr.

Travellers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

North Branch, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stays at other Wyndham properties have been exceptional; however our stay at this Inn was horrific from the start. They booked us for six rooms/one night instead of three rooms/two nights. They fixed the issue; however, we were lucky that there were rooms available. The desk clerk ensured us that our rooms were together, but they were far away from each other. Also both mornings when we went for breakfast the breakfast area was dirty.

There were several issues with the room and the first night we left a light on because I was worried about roaches.

Here are the issues with our room:
• Only a half blanket on bed.
• Non-smoking room smelt of smoke and I have asthma and am allergic to smoke.
• Hairdryer plugin was broke but still worked, which is a fire hazard.
• Electrical outlet not attached, which is another fire hazard.
• Bathroom had mold on ceiling and in toilet, which is a major health issue; especially for people with asthma and allergies.
• Toilet paper holder not attached and all they had to do was to put one screw in the holder, a 5 minute job.
• Tub drained slowly and I had to fiddle with the drain for the water to drain.
• Door seal damaged to the point where light was shining thru and bugs/rain could get in.
• This was gross. I got up in the middle of the night and stepped into a sticky spot on carpet (there ended up being two) so I put a tissue on the sticky spot and left it there for the cleaning lady. She just picked up the tissue and didn’t clean the spot. Makes me wonder when the last time they washed the carpet. Don’t even want to know what the sticky stuff was, hopefully hair gel.
• Don’t laugh at this one. We sat at the end of the bed and suddenly it tipped forward because of an improper frame. Thank goodness we were quick on our feet and didn’t land on the floor where the sticky stuff was.
• Ran out of tissue the second day around mid-day and the cleaning staff was just in our room.
• Stained & wrinkled curtains - There was a stain on the curtain and it looked like they just took the curtains out of the dryer (sat in the dryer to long) and hung them.

Issues with the other two rooms:
• Non-smoking room smelt of smoke
• Shower head was full of mold.
• No blanket on bed
• TV didn’t work

I have stayed at other economy hotels/motels and all they need to be is clean to make me happy and normally they are. From looking at the Inn as a whole, it looks like they are having management issues because the manager is not addressing the maintenance, health, and cleaning issues. Until they resolve their issues, I would not recommend staying because all three rooms had issues and they were at different locations around the facility.

Room Tip: There are other hotels in the Brunswick area the are just as affordable.