“overnight stay”

Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 13 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brunswick North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (1,383)

Reviewed 11 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My room was unacceptably musty, like the carpet had been soaked with water and wasn't quickly or properly dried and sanitized. The AC was off, the room was maybe at 80F, and I felt certain that I was breathing mold. Checking in at 10 PM this is not good.
I took my bags to the lobby and told the nice girl at the front desk. I turned down her offer of "Would you like me to spray the room?". Not effective and introduces a new problem of moldicide/disinfectant chemicals in the air. "Well, we don't have any other rooms left". I shrugged and began googling for a nearby property. Manager steps up with the offer of another room. Was the clerk lying or uninformed? I accepted. It was only barely musty; I think its mustiness was masked by the AC being turned down to about 60F.
I didn’t memorize the first room's number, but I am certain I overheard it being given to another guest checking in when I later went down to the lobby for ice.
Which reminds me:
- No operating ice machines on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
- Creaky and slow elevator did not inspire much confidence in its safety or reliability.
- The otherwise outdated lobby area had a large and tacky display of snacks and souvenirs, reminescent of cheesy S. Georgia and N. Florida tourist motels of the past.
- Nice to have free hot coffee available in the evening in the lobby, but it was incredibly undrinkably weak both nights I was there.
In the room, the Microtel Brunswick N brings to a new level the crude and predatory practice of placing ridiculously over-priced drinks and salty/sweet snacks. Its the guests' choice, but this system of baiting is so inappropriate and third-world. What appeared to be hand-labelled, oft-fondled packages were piled on top of the desk where they couldnt be missed. Also the TV receiver had to be adjusted several times to pick up the signal from the remote.
Price? The room was super inexpensive - around $50 in an area where rooms were $80 to $130.
I didn't pay much and I got less than I paid for. And they messed up my bill.
I've only stayed in a few of Microtel's properties in the past, but I thought I knew what to expect - not much: necessities are usually cleanly and simply offered at a low cost. Just not at Brunswick North.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brunswick North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Dan C,

I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay here with us. As customer care is top on our list, right next to cleanliness, I'm sorry to hear that we were not able to help make your stay better after we moved you to a different room. Each employee works hard to make sure our guests are well taken care of and all things are working properly, or make sure we have parts on order to get the items fixed. Again I would like to apologize and hope that our wonderful staff was able to help you during your stay. We hope you travel safe though out your travels.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Hotel nice and clean, in a convenient location. The room is exactly as pictured, very clean. Very good value, too. But especially, the staff was incredible. I would like to thank Donna: kind, amusing, helpful. A great person. She helped us plan our trip to Okefenokee, gave us precious informations and told us juicy stories, she was flexible with the breakfast time (nice breakfast by the way!) and immensely welcoming.

I wish all the motels were like this one!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Michele B,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your stay. You are 100% correct, our team will do what ever it takes to make sure you get all the information you need for your next stop. Next time do not book on Expedia.com. By simply calling the hotel directly, you will get a price match guarantee, earn Wyndham Rewards Points, and have a flexible cancellation policy.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed mid-week on business. It served the purpose well for me, a clean bed to sleep in without paying a fortune. I did not use the pool or eat breakfast. Newer property but not brand new. Was less than half the price of other hotels in Brunswick that would have served the same purpose.

Room Tip: Slow elevator! I never heard road noise and my room faced the front parking lot, not I-95.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Rich R

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here with us. As customer care is a big priority for us I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here, even though it was on business. We do our very best to make sure our guests receive 5 star service for the 3/4 star pricing. We take great pride in our wonderful housekeepers at how well they do work to keep each and every room spotless. I do hope that next time you are in the area we see you again and its more of a pleasure than business trip.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2013