First the good stuff. Our room was spotlessly clean, the beds comfortable, the shower spray full and hot, and the staff friendly and helpful. For a budget motel, we know we can count on Microtel, and I usually give each one 5 stars. I am removing 2 stars from this one, though, for 2 reasons.
First, the tub floor lacked any texturizing and was very smooth and slippery. We both felt anxious about falling, and with no bar to hold onto, it was difficult even getting out of the shower without slipping. I consider that a danger.
Second, I personally found it very offensive that there was a little tray (where the small coffee service usually is) that held a variety of what looked like complimentary snacks. There was a tiny vial of m&m’s, a teensy packet of peanuts, a small packet of candied pecans, etc. My husband reached for one of the packets and was about to tear it open, when I stopped him and examined it closely. Each item had a smaller than dime-sized little white sticker somewhere on it with text too small to read without magnification, that said the treats were provided for your convenience and that if consumed a charge would be added to your bill. The little packet of candied pecans was seven dollars! And the other packets were $4. I have to wonder how many people fail to see the tiny nearly hidden stickers and think that those things are free, only to see a $25 charge added to their bill when they get home. And I missed the little coffee pot with a 2-serving packet of coffee. They said they’d removed that from the rooms since we could get coffee in the lounge. Little things make a difference, folks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at our Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brunswick North hotel on your next trip through southeastern Georgia and experience a true Southern gem. Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Brunswick North is an award winning hotel, whether you're visiting southeastern Georgia for business or leisure. We’re just off Interstate 95, and only minutes from the airport, Jekyll Island, popular restaurants, and other attractions. In addition to our friendly staff and great service, we offer a 35-item hot breakfast buffet, a 24-hour coffee bar and citrus refreshment center, nacho's social hour, freshly baked cookies each evening, and a lobby gift shop for all your desires. You can work out in the 24-hour fitness center, work hard in the business center, or relax and unwind by the pool, and there's even a game room for your enjoyment. Our spacious guest accommodations feature plush, pillow-top beds with triple-sheeted bedding; bedside candy; flat screen TV's with expanded cable TV plus HBO; an array of personal care amenities; and a coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave. With everything you need to feel right at home, you’ll love our Southern hospitality at the Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham - Brunswick North location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brunswick North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn & Suites Brunswick Hotel Brunswick
- Microtel Inn And Suites Brunswick
- Microtel Brunswick
- Brunswick Microtel