Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Jesup, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel made for a miserable trip. I am one of those people who LOVES to go off and stay at a hotel and just get away for a while.... well let's just say I was beyond ready to get back home! We booked a 2 night stay for my husbands birthday weekend and it was just very disappointing. For starters, the beds were by far the worst I've ever slept in....hard as a rock! Woke up feeling very stiff and not well rested at all. Also, the "down" comforter they advertise is paper thin... and is only accompanied by a sheet. The air would only stay on for 5 mins at the time and we had it on the lowest setting (60 degrees). The water pressure of the shower/bath was extremely low and felt like I was taking a bath in straight chlorine. The breakfast wasn't great, and on the 2 days we were there, the only substitution was one day there was sausage patties, and the other day it was sausage gravy (which was clearly made from the leftover sausage from the previous day.... my husband and mama had some and said it was cold and not good at all). OH and to top it all off the provide snacks in your room which at first, we thought were complimentary but quickly learned they were not (extremely over-priced and ridiculous.... a small tube of mini M&Ms were $4.... they shouldn't even put them in the room unless they are complimentary... being that my 3 year old daughter was with us, it was merely a temptation to get you to spend more money). Bath towels and rags were rough to the touch and several had black/grey stains on them. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel. Pay a little more for a nicer hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Brittany G
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brunswick North, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Brittany G,

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations during your recent visit to our property. I have shared your feedback with our entire team to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior customer service and accommodations on your next visit to the area.

Warm regards,
The team at
Melbourne, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stopped and made reservations on our trip to Virginia after reading the write up in the GA state map book with their 35 Item Deluxe Hot Breakfast Buffet. We arrived after a long day to check in and expected a nice hot shower and get ready for bed. The tub is elevated so you have to be careful in steping in and out, but the water pressure to wash off was so-so. Their towels were so rough, ny wife had a red check just from drying her face and I ran down and got our clean beach towels we had in the van. We used those, but their towels were the worst I have ever had in a hotel. I wish they had the coffee pot in the room for those that would like a hot cup of tea in the evening, but everything is in the lobby for use 24 hours. Needless to say after getting out of the shower and ready for bed the last thing I want to do is run down to the lobby! The beds were firm and we each had our own, but due to the issue of severe weather the day we checked out we got up early and were some of the first at 6 am for their 35 Item Deluxe Hot breakfast Buffet. Being Wyndham Rewards members were are aware when this is stated what it includes. This Microtel does not. I am still trying to figure out the 35 items, as what was offered that morning was: plain omelet halves, sausage patty halves, french toast sticks, mini waffle maker, sliced bread, biscuits, bagels, muffins, grits, four types of cereal, fruit cocktail and peached packaged into little cups, milk 2$ and whole, coffee both decaf and regular, and hot water for either hot cocoa or tea. No oatmeal, yogurt, or bananas which we use watching carbs during breakfast, and I don't consider canned fruit cocktail or peaches freash fruit. They offer cookies at 6 pm and nachos 6:30 to 7 pm but we arrived after those times to tell you how those were. They do offer ice cream in the lobby for sell along with an assortment of other items, it did for a night but I think we may try another place next time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra L
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brunswick North, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Sal L,

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

The management team at
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brunswick North

Travellers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

Brunswick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family and I really enjoyed our stay, it was close to my in-laws. I didn't have to drive far to shopping or fun everything was close by. Try ing to book another room as we speak.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Dear Glenda W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit with us.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your response will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an experience for our guest. It is always a pleasure to hear when a guest enjoys their stay and wants to return. Thank you again and we can't wait to see you again soon!

The team at