“Cockroach”

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ronald R
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The adage you get what you pay for with this one....while clean and somewhat functional, it was a place to stay but not relaxing. It definitely was worn down, the bathroom was well used. Shower ran out of hot water numerous times, no matter time of day (6:30AM 1 time, 3:30 PM another) which I have never witnessed. Could've used more pillows. (2 flat pillows on queen) The breakfast was OK, price was good, but probably won't come back to this one next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We Unfortunately stayed at this hotel! There was 5 of us and we booked two rooms. One of the rooms smelled horrible of cigarette smoke. It was supposed to be a nonsmokimg room but not only did it smell, there were cigarette burned stains all over bed!! Also when we went to use the bathroom, there was human feces on the toliet and smeared across the shower stall!! One of the rooms did not have a phone and we requested a wake up call for this room, which never happened, obviously! We wole up late, due to no phone, quickly jumped in shower and discovered no HOT water!!!!! We called and called front desk... from second room but phone would only work half time in second room! All of us had to take freezing cold showers...which they never did fix water. When we were leaving I complained to Nayanna at the front desk, asked for a refund for at least one of the rooms and her reply was I can give you is 20% off. I said no, all I am asking for is one of the rooms to be refunded!!!! We had no phone. .
No wake up call...no hot water...cigarette stains and smell... and human feces in the bathroom!!! Her reply was...well you had two rooms...you could've used the bathroom in other room. REALLY????? So it is my responsibility to use my second room bathroom eventhough I am paying for two. SHE TOLD ME ANY REFUND WOULD HAVE TO GO THROUGH MANAGER BECAUSE SHE WASNT AUTHORIZED TO MAKE IT! My reply...okay...where is Manager, well guess what??? He was not around...I was told I either had to wait for him to come in at 11 ( its 9 am at this time...which we were already late because of the morning chaios of no wake up call and no HOT water) or I would havw to personally call him myself but more than likely I would not be refunded but they could "do me a favor and give me 20% off." FAVOR ????? REALLY????? I have never stayed at a Microtel ever! I WILL NEVER STAY AT ANOTHER MICROTEL EVER AGAIN IN MY LIFE!!!!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Karen S
Travellers also viewed these Brunswick hotels
Rodeway Inn I-95 North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brunswick
Comfort Suites Brunswick
Comfort Suites Brunswick
#8 of 37 in Brunswick

Been to Motel 6 Brunswick South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Brunswick South

Address: 325 Palisade Dr, Brunswick, GA 31523-8207 (Formerly Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brunswick South)
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Parking Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Brunswick
Price Range: £40 - £63 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Brunswick South 2*
Motel 6 Brunswick South is located off of I-95. Emerland Express Casino and Summer Waves are within 10 miles. Kick back and relax in our sparkling outdoor pool. Enjoy Micro-fridge units and free Wi-Fi in all rooms. Truck parking available. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 Brunswick South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Brunswick Microtel