“Worst motel room ever” 1 of 5 bubbles

Motel 6 Brunswick South
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
“Worst motel room ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Definitely not up to Microtel's standards. To be fair, most of the Microtels we stay at are well run and good value. This one is so bad it is unbelievable. Dust on the mirror so thick I wrote a message on it. Rusty Kleenex holder in bathroom complimented the cobwebs hanging in the corners, the missing safety cap on the hair blower and the brown dried-on drops on the shower rod. Dried on scum and dirt lines below window. Wiring for new TV strung across wall and hanging loose. Fridge didn't work and was replaced. And to top it all off there was no hot water for our shower in the morning. Condition showed a total lack of care by the owner. Was promised a refund which never happened.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Rick M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Brunswick
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed in a few hotels, and I have also worked in a few, as a housekeeper. I am not an expert but I am a traveler, and this hotel was the worst I have ever stayed in. Every where I walked I smelled cigarette smoke, the room we stayed in was not stocked, and had hair all over the tub. When I left I could not wait to take a shower just to get the smell of smoke off of me, and my 3 children, and the hallways way hot, it seemed like they did not have the AC on at all. I would never stay there again nor would I recommend it to any of my family or friends. The prices we paid ($106) was a ripe off!!!! I wish I could get my money back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank Matt H

Travellers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

After a very late check-in, they gave an early wake up bang on our door. No apology and we had to move right away because they gave us the wrong room. After a long day (the next day), we found no towels because room service wasn't completed. Fellow travelers stated they had been staying there for the past 8 yrs consecutively and have noticed a steady decline. Lame brkfast offered.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank etnatn1
Brunswick, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Impressive furnishings and landscaping. A nice different look. Good choices of items for continental breakfast. TV was higher quality than usual motel equipment too. We would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family