“Would not honor reservation for 2 nights after having confirmation and driving 3 hours.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jameson Inn

Jameson Inn
Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Lake City, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

On 05/24/14 I made a reservation for this hotel through the Jameson Inn reservation website. I received a confirmation for 2 nights lodging. After having driven 3 hours, I arrived at the hotel and was told by April the desk clerk that they did not have reservation for me. She asked when I booked the reservation and where, stating they had been out of rooms for 2 days. I advised her that I booked it through the Jameson website. She advised me that the Jameson website has nothing to do with booking their rooms. At this same time, a young lady stepped up to the counter with her room confirmation also. She booked her room through Expedia the day before. She, like I, was told by April that there were no rooms nor had there been any since Thursday. When I asked April for a managers card, telephone number, etc to contact them next week, she advised me that the manager had been fired and they did not have a manager. I asked April who was she reporting to and she stated, "everyone is just working their shift and the owners call once per day" I asked her for the toll free number to Jameson to report this incident. She advised me that she did not have the number nor could she find anything that had the number written on it. I explained to her once more that I had a confirmation and I had driven 3 hours. Her response" there is nothing I can do about that" She did not even offer to call some of the other or hotels located in the immediate area. Upon leaving I went to some of the other hotels, to only find they were full since it was a Memorial Day weekend. Not having anywhere to stay, I had to cancel my plans for the weekend and drive the 3 hour trip back home.

It may be noted that at approximately 7:25pm this date I called the hotel to see what they would tell me if I asked if they had a room. A very nice gentleman told me that yes, they did have a room with a King size bed, This was exactly what I had booked with my confirmation.

If anyone else experienced this same problem, please contact Jameson's corporate websitecomments@jamesoninns.com as something needs to be done about this hotel, new owners, or lose their franchise rights.

I will be waiting to see if I'am compensated for my gas as well as having to cancel my holiday weekend plans.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank OceanCity114
Terri H, General Manager at Jameson Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
I want to apologize on behalf of myself and the staff at the Jameson Inn. I understand your frustration. We pride ourselves on great customer service and I am sorry that we fell short of our goals with your stay. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience to ensure we have a satisfactory outcome with this experience. My Contact information is 912-270-3294.

Gary Noble

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Bangor, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at the Jameson Inn on our way to Disney and had never stayed at this hotel before, but had stayed at other hotels in Brunswick. This was a pleasant surprise(compared to other hotels in the area). The hotel appears to be have been something else at one time and is a bit dated, but clean. The staff is courteous and the breakfast provided was quite nice. There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant within walking distance also.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kbzmsw
Terri H, General Manager at Jameson Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
On behalf of all the staff here at the Jameson Inn I want to thank you for the wonderful review and especially for taking the time to share your experience. We continue to work to provide an excellent product and outstanding customer service at an affordable rate. We look forward to having you as a guest on your next trip to The Golden Isles.

Dublin, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights last weekend. I had bought a voucher on Living Social which had actually expired on April 1 but we had already tried to go several times and either the weather wasn't good or someone would get sick. Angie was nice enough to let us still use the voucher even though it had expired several weeks ago.

We got room 339. The staff was very friendly and the check-in process was quick and easy. The room was clean and most of all very QUIET which was great since this weekend was all about getting away from the stress and noise we deal with every day!! I was very impressed with how clean the room and bathroom was. It was better than some hotels I have stayed in that charged twice as much. It was probably cleaner than my bathroom at home lol I liked that the room had a fridge which was very COLD and a microwave. It is only a few minutes away from St. Simons Island where we went to on Saturday and climbed the lighthouse and went exploring. We also rode to Jekyll Island and on Sunday after checking out we went to Tybee for the day. Included as part of our package was two tickets to the Emerald Princess Casino boat but we did not do that as we didn't really have money to spend and I have read reviews about how much cigarette smoke is on that boat so we decided we would rather spend the day on the beach.

I did not go down to check out the breakfast as we slept in on Saturday and on Sunday we checked out very early to ride over to Tybee. we did not use the pool or fitness center but we did go look at it and it was clean and well maintained. We would definitely return to this hotel!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank slharrison14

Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I purchased a Groupon for a two night stay at this hotel. Our goal was to visit St. Simon's Island and Jekyll island both are within 20-25 minutes of the hotel in traffic. The hotel was clean, the staff was VERY friendly and the bed was comfortable. Cracker Barrel is across the street from the hotel within walking distance. We preferred to walk across the street to Cracker Barrel as opposed to the continental breakfast offered every morning at the hotel. The hotel is also right off of the highway so it's easy to get on and off the highway for traveling.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Penebear

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

While inn town for a funeral our first night in town was spent here. The rooms were clean and provided all the expected amenities for the money. My only complaints would be that the smoke alarm had been removed from the wall and a barking dog in a fence beside the hotel. We would however, stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights here and I can't say enough good about this inn. If you are looking for clean comfortable rooms and friendly helpful staff at a reasonable price this is the place. The owners are just the sweetest and made several recommendations for site seeing and dining that were spot on. The beds are like sleeping on a cloud, the rooms are spotless including the bathroom. There were no odors or stains. The hot breakfast in the morning was a nice surprise. Biscuits and gravy and waffles were available and coffee is free all day, they will even make a fresh pot in the afternoon. The area is convenient to St Simons Island and Jekyll Island and the quaint town of Brunswick is adorable.

• Stayed April 2014

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We didn't have super high expectations. Needed place to stay with our dog. Checked in at 12:30 am. Saw no vacancy. We were on the back of hotel. Check in was easy. No parking anywhere near our room. Dogs on back property barked all night. Made our dog nervous and she barked a lot. Room was small. And very dusty. I swear it looked like no one had come in the room in a year. Smell was musty. Tables layered with dust. We checked for bugs and it was clean. But we were afraid to put our stuff on anything due to the dirtiness. We slept in our clothes. But dogs barked so much we didn't sleep much. Breakfast was limited. With a dog you expect a little less. Guess we got that. I wouldn't stay there again but if you do, ask to be on front of hotel away from barking dogs!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family