“One month at the Jameson”
Review of Jameson Inn

Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
“One month at the Jameson”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I stayed one month at the Jameson. It was a very pleasant experience mostly because of the responsiveness of the staff. The entire staff could not have been more friendly, especially April and John. The one problem we had during our stay was immediately dealt with to our satisfaction. We understand that recently there are new owners of the hotel and that when they took over the facilities were in poor condition. We could tell that the staff was working hard to bring the hotel up to the proper standards.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Terri H, Front Office Manager at Jameson Inn, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
On behalf of the General manager Gary Noble and entire staff of Jameson Inn I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review of our hotel. We are also glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again. We will be running great specials all year, please call the hotel to explore these great offers.

Terri Howard
Office Manager
Jameson Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
flordia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The front desk clerk name was Nita and. we ask her about other thing that we can do in the area and. she give us a list of thing to do very nice person.the manager terri was very nice over all we seen other guest yelling at Nita but she was nice didn'tgget mad like other people would but she handled the problem very well.we love staying there well be back later this week to stay for four nights

• Stayed June 2014

Terri Howard
Office Manager
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The hotel was pretty nice. The bed was VERY comfortable if you like super soft beds. Tons of pills included with the king size bed and it was nice updated except the tv was not a flat screen and the picture was pretty bad. There were only about 20 channels to watch. Breakfast was nice with bagels, rolls with gravy, and waffles. Orange juice, apple juice, and coffee were available. We also went to the pool and it was really small but since no one was there it was nice and quiet. It was dirty so we did not go in the water. Clean towels were available at the pool area. Overall this hotel was nice and I would stay here again. We got a deal online on a website and were supposed to get 2 tickets to a Casino Cruise but after we read the reviews for the cruise decided to skip that and just go to Jekyll Island which was very nice. You do pay $6 to enter the island but it includes parking and was worth it for us. Especially driftwood beach

Room Tip: We stayed in the king suite 1st floor. Honestly with the ac on you couldnt hear anything outside but...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cherefamily
Terri H, General Manager at Jameson Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2014

We continue to work to provide an excellent product and outstanding customer service at an affordable rate .

We look forward to having you as a guest on your next trip to The Golden Isles.

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Got my stay purchased on Priceline so the price paid was a good value. This is an old Hampton Inn. It is located very conveniently to I95 but it is in a very rundown area of town. The best two things about the location is the Cracker Barrel and a Starbucks. But I'm not too sure how long they will be here.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Redd&Bleu
Terri H, General Manager at Jameson Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
On behalf of all the staff here at the Jameson Inn I want to thank you for the wonderful review and especially for taking the time to share your experience. We continue to work to provide an excellent product and outstanding customer service at an affordable rate. We look forward to having you as a guest on your next trip to The Golden Isles.

Gary Noble

Travellers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

First, let me say that the weekday rate was $69.99 so, I wasn't expecting a 5 star hotel. The manger (maybe owner) was great and incredibly helpful whenever we seen him. The rest of the staff seem to be just doing the bare minimum. I asked a housekeeper for toilet paper and she point to her cart 6 rooms away and told me to get it from there. She didn't even offer or get it for us. I asked the front desk (who was out smoking with her friend and made me wait at the desk) for shampoo. She gave me a half empty, sticky bottle. The rooms are clean (our shower could have been much cleaner). The beds are fairly comfy and as someone who works in a hotel, I checked for bed bugs or weird stains. I found NONE, which was wonderful. It was completely livable for our 3 day stay, but truly is just a clean place to sleep. If you need a hotel for that purpose only, this one is a value.

• Stayed May 2014
Terri H, General Manager at Jameson Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
I want to apologize on behalf of myself and the staff at the Jameson Inn. I understand your frustration. We pride ourselves on great customer service and I am sorry that we fell short of our goals with your stay. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience to ensure we have a satisfactory outcome with this experience. My Contact information is 912-270-3294.

Grayson, Georgia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I purchased a Living Social deal for a two-night stay. I called the hotel and booked a room with a king bed for Saturday and Sunday night for Memorial Day weekend. Our room was not ready when we arrived, but after a quick lunch in Darien and back, we got our keys.

The front desk assistant first gave us keys to a still-occupied room on the third floor on the opposite side of the hotel. Had someone else been given keys to our room and been able to walk in freely, I would be livid. We returned to the front desk, and we were given a new room with two double beds. Not ideal or what we requested, but we managed.

During the room mix-up, we noticed a family who was staying on the first floor who used their key to open a room other than their own, laughing about mixing up room 113 and 131. This did not bode well with me, and I was hesitant to leave any belongings in our room while we were out if any given key could open multiple room doors.

The second floor rooms where we stayed are supposedly pet- and smoking-free, but the room smelled of both. Jameson Inn's website advertises updated rooms with flat screen tvs, fridges, and microwaves, but our room had none of them. There were stains on the floor, and we found what looked to be a small roach on the wall. The hair dryer in the bathroom appeared to have a short in it and only worked when the cord was held a certain way.

The beds and linens were comfortable enough, but we were never brought additional wash cloths during our stay, despite requesting them.

Overall, I was not pleased with my stay, and I would have left had we not driven 5+ hours to get down there for a quick weekend getaway.

1 Thank Abby V

Tucker, Georgia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

A bit frustrated that I, as a single woman, traveling with my child, was given an exterior room on the first floor, instead of being given one on an upper level whose door opens onto a hallway on the interior of the hotel. I'm sure I could have asked for another room, but honestly was so tired by the time I got to the room and realized the door was on the outside of the building, I just went with it. Hotel is adequate and will do for a quick stay.

1 Thank jlmk_9