“Very Disappointed”
Review of Jameson Inn

Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Booked this hotel through Groupon....CHEAP is really the sense of the word here. Upon arrival, there were 3 Front Desk associates ( I assume, simply because they were behind the front desk,.... None of them had a name tag) assisting 2 patrons at the desk. The person who checked me in was polite & efficient...wish I knew her name, but again ... NO introduction of herself or name tag. The Groupon included the room stay, taxes, & 2 FREE Tickets for a Casino Cruise....we did NOT receive the FREE Tickets for the Cruise. Our room was on the first floor, VERY NOISY close to the pool....but the walls in this place must be so thin, as we could hear every conversation spoken by our neighbors, along with the television. The hotel is in dire need of maintenance....Dirty carpet, sticky surfaces on night stand & tables, door sticks- difficult to open & close, shower rod loose- preventing shower curtain to fully open, allowing water to splash on the floor, very cheap soap & shampoo that did not lather or cleanse...glad I brought my own. Breakfast was standard continental with a waffle station. They ran out of milk , several things were not replenished. I noticed a female person, dressed in blue jeans & a long sleeve t-shirt, going into a storage closet . This person came out with a few stock items & placed them on the breakfast bar area... I thought she was a guest at the hotel, till I watched her then proceed to a position behind the front desk.... Again.. who was she & why didn't she wash her hands before placing supplies in the breakfast area if she was an employee !! At checkout, this same person handed me someone else's bill after I turned in my keys. I explained to her that this was NOT my bill for my room, nor was my name on the bill ( UGH)... she then proceed to give me my correct statement....all this without ANY WELCOME, THANKYOU, HOW WAS YOUR STAY, CAN WE HELP YOU WITH ANYTHING ELSE, OR EVEN A HAVE A NICE DAY. CLEARLY, THE EMPLOYEES DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES, THEIR JOB, THE HOTEL, OR THE GUESTS. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE !!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Terri H, Front Office Manager at Jameson Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

I want to apologize on behalf of myself and the staff at the Jameson Inn. I understand your frustration. We pride ourselves on great customer service and I am sorry that we fell short of our goals with your stay. I have tried to contact you concerning this matter. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience to ensure we have a satisfactory outcome with this experience.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed at the Jameson Inn during the week of the 4th of July. When we arrived, the front desk greeted me, but she was on the phone and said "just a moment please." She was in the middle of a complaint call it seemed. After the call was over, she asked for my reservation number and then one of the housekeeping staff arrived and also went behind the desk. The front desk clerk asked the housekeeping staff which room to assign to us. She advised to give us a room on the 3rd floor, when we went to the room, a non-smoking sign was on the door - displayed in plain view. When we opened the door, the room stunk so bad from smoke that we called the front desk explained the situation and they said they would assign another room and make the situation right. When we returned to the front desk, they gave us a different room on the first floor which was very clean and satisfactory. We had a king bed, which was very comfortable, a clean bathroom, a nice tv, and the AC worked well and did not make a lot of noise (really nice)....the room was so quiet even though the door opened to the parking lot, you could not hear anyone coming or going, or any noise outside the room. This was very nice. It was easy to sleep in the room, because it was so quiet. We did not get the breakfast (which is included) because we got up too late. But, the hotel is located conveniently close to St. Simon's Island, Jekyll Island, and all other water events. There is a lot to do around the area, but we spent almost all of our time on St. Simon's Island as we had not been there before and truly enjoyed our time there. Would highly recommend this hotel, it is located right off of the expressway - convenient. Many restaurants are located close by and Starbucks is also within walking distance. The pool was really clean, and the water was warm....absolutely clean and very refreshing - that was also very nice. Looked like our room had recently been updated, this was a welcome issue as well. I believe that the front is overwhelmed at times because of the great deals being offered by the hotel and there are so many people taking advantage of them. But, don't let that detour you from staying here. It is a clean, updated hotel. And, a great deal.

Room Tip: We loved our room on the first floor - although the door was exposed to the parking lot, it was extr...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were on our way to Florida and stopped on our way ,after a few days of Florida we came back where we had such great service and so many friendly faces at the Jameson .Very nice rooms and service from the staff Angie and Bruce . They were very knowledgeable about the area attractions and made our stay that much better . Also April Moyes gave us directions to local attractions and nature parks in the area and always friendly and helpful. Any small problems we had all the staff were very eager to help and fix it asap . Great service and good pricing . We plan another visit next year .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

On behalf of the General manager Gary Noble and entire staff of Jameson Inn I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review of our hotel. We are also glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again. We will be running great specials all year, please call the hotel to explore these great offers.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We used Living Social to book a great deal at the Jameson Inn. This started out as a great weekend getaway, the staff was friendly when we checked in and accommodating despite their computer system being down. Our first night stay we had no problems. We slept well and enjoyed their complimentary breakfast. However, things took a turn on our second night stay. We returned to the hotel late after going on a casino boat cruise to find that our room keys were not allowing us to access the room. We went downstairs to the lobby to ask why we were having this issue. Well, apparently they had given our room to another guest. We knew this because the guest was in the lobby to also complain about being given a room that was occupied. This is a security issue, what if they had given our room to a thief? All of our stuff was in that room. Ridiculous.

It took the young lady at the front desk almost thirty minutes to remedy this situation. Only after she had to call the manager and handed us the phone, her cell phone actually. Very unprofessional. Not only was the front desk attendant unhelpful, so was the manager on the other end of the line. We will not be back because of this incident.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great customer service from Nita!!! Front Desk staff was friendly and polite at check in. Had a slight hiccupp with the room and Nita at the front desk was absolutely WONDERFUL in helping to quickly resolve the problem over and beyond the "call of duty". The next morning the General Manager Gary Noble was also very attentive and eager to make sure that our stay was pleasant and any small issues had been quickly resolved. THANKS!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Pam Q

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I stayed one month at the Jameson. It was a very pleasant experience mostly because of the responsiveness of the staff. The entire staff could not have been more friendly, especially April and John. The one problem we had during our stay was immediately dealt with to our satisfaction. We understand that recently there are new owners of the hotel and that when they took over the facilities were in poor condition. We could tell that the staff was working hard to bring the hotel up to the proper standards.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The front desk clerk name was Nita and. we ask her about other thing that we can do in the area and. she give us a list of thing to do very nice person.the manager terri was very nice over all we seen other guest yelling at Nita but she was nice didn'tgget mad like other people would but she handled the problem very well.we love staying there well be back later this week to stay for four nights

• Stayed: June 2014