“Never Again”

Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Kingston, Ohio
“Never Again”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Purchased a LivingSocial 2 night package,with Casino cruise. Arrived about 5:00pm and checked in. The first room we were given had blood stains on the mattress, the second room had a large bloodstain on the box springs, finally the third room was acceptable. The next morning my husband reminded the front desk our reservation was for two nights and we would be returning for the second night after a day in Savannah. We were locked out of our room when we returned to the hotel about 11pm. The front desk clerk programmed another key and we returned to our room to find all of our items missing including my medications. The front desk clerk said she would contact a manager. Manager first stated they would try to find our items in the morning. I explained I needed my medication and other personal items and that waiting until morning was not an option. The manager finally found our items and returned them to us after 1am. We never received our casino tickets.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Terri H, Front Office Manager at Jameson Inn, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
I want to apologize on behalf of myself and the staff at the Jameson Inn. I understand your frustration. We pride ourselves on great customer service and I am sorry that we fell short of our goals with your stay. I have tried to contact you concerning this matter. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience to ensure we have a satisfactory outcome with this experience.

Jameson Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Dublin, Georgia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel is FaBo! The staff is most definitely amazing especially April at the front desk ! She helped us with directions, supplied us with toiletries upon request and much more above an amazingly sweet , polite ,and hard working! You will enjoy your stay

Room Tip: The double room is amazing and is perfect for a family 2 adults in each bed or 1 adult and 1 child i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
We certainly appreciate the great compliments! Our goal is to ensure that your stay with us is wonderful. It's really appreciated to know that we're doing our job correctly at giving you the best of service. Please come visit with us again, we'd love to have you!

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Living Social package purchased 2 night, with Casino cruise and breakfast too.Good deal-great place to stay.5 minute check in.CLEAN.COLD A/C. NICE ROOM. We arrived after 11 and doors were locked for lobby,we had to be buzzed in. Nice and secure. As were the hall doors to the rooms. FRIENDLY STAFF. Breakfast was good. WAFFLES YUM.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank melissa s
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our Living Social Package. We're here to fit all needs and to make sure that you and your family feel safe and at home when staying with us. We pride ourselves in the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms. We are so happy that you had a wonderful stay with us. We hope to see you on a return trip.

Pooler, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Booked through Groupon. When I first entered the Lobby, I was considered, as it had a bad odor. Unfortunately, it took over a half hour to check in as the gentlemen in front were here on business and had a few issues with their stay. Once I made it to my room, which was on the third floor, I was happy. The room looked newly updated. It was clean, no odor, brand new flat screen, the sheets and towels looked fresh. I tried out the pool and lucky me, I was the only one in it. The pool was clean and very warm. I was able to find a parking spot, where I could see my vehicle, when I returned late from the casino ship. All in all, I would recommend this hotel, especially if you can find a discounted price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Terri H, Front Office Manager at Jameson Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for your comments. We have addressed the issues with the odor in the lobby. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We hope that you will stay with us again when you visit the Golden Isles area.
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Traveled to Brunswick for July 4th weekend. Upon arrival at The Jameson Inn we were told we could not check in due to the hotel not having any clean linens (mind you 3 housekeepers were in the parking lot smoking for a good 25 minutes) and to come back in an hour. Upon our return (same housekeepers still in the lot) we stood at the front desk while 4 staff members were dealing with over bookings for 15 minutes before we were assisted. They then had to send someone to locate a member of the housekeeping staff to come down to see if they had rooms available yet. Another 15 minutes and we were checked in. Entering the room there was still trash in the can from the previous guest and yellow stains clearly visible on the white bedspread. Being exhausted from my 17 hour trip I went out into the hall and asked housekeeping for a trash bag and a new blanket. The blanket she brought in was an old brown, stale smoky smelling one, needless to say we did not use it. While we did get a good deal on the room, what all the websites fail to tell you is that people also reside at this motel, the pool is over ran by unsupervised children, the "residents" sit outside of their rooms in their lawn chairs and watch everything. There also seems to be a lot of sketchy activity in the parking lot. We awoke Saturday Morning to find someone getting a haircut next to the stairs. The staff doesn't seem much to care about what is going on, and they are very unprofessional, If they weren't behind the desk I would've assumed them for one of the "residents" by the way they were dressed. While it is located right off of the interstate and next to a lot of restaurants (which you will need for breakfast since the unsupervised kids & residents load up 6 plates and leave nothing) The location was the only thing that was fairly decent about this place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Terri H, Front Office Manager at Jameson Inn, responded to this review, 13 July 2014

Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Booked this hotel through Groupon....CHEAP is really the sense of the word here. Upon arrival, there were 3 Front Desk associates ( I assume, simply because they were behind the front desk,.... None of them had a name tag) assisting 2 patrons at the desk. The person who checked me in was polite & efficient...wish I knew her name, but again ... NO introduction of herself or name tag. The Groupon included the room stay, taxes, & 2 FREE Tickets for a Casino Cruise....we did NOT receive the FREE Tickets for the Cruise. Our room was on the first floor, VERY NOISY close to the pool....but the walls in this place must be so thin, as we could hear every conversation spoken by our neighbors, along with the television. The hotel is in dire need of maintenance....Dirty carpet, sticky surfaces on night stand & tables, door sticks- difficult to open & close, shower rod loose- preventing shower curtain to fully open, allowing water to splash on the floor, very cheap soap & shampoo that did not lather or cleanse...glad I brought my own. Breakfast was standard continental with a waffle station. They ran out of milk , several things were not replenished. I noticed a female person, dressed in blue jeans & a long sleeve t-shirt, going into a storage closet . This person came out with a few stock items & placed them on the breakfast bar area... I thought she was a guest at the hotel, till I watched her then proceed to a position behind the front desk.... Again.. who was she & why didn't she wash her hands before placing supplies in the breakfast area if she was an employee !! At checkout, this same person handed me someone else's bill after I turned in my keys. I explained to her that this was NOT my bill for my room, nor was my name on the bill ( UGH)... she then proceed to give me my correct statement....all this without ANY WELCOME, THANKYOU, HOW WAS YOUR STAY, CAN WE HELP YOU WITH ANYTHING ELSE, OR EVEN A HAVE A NICE DAY. CLEARLY, THE EMPLOYEES DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES, THEIR JOB, THE HOTEL, OR THE GUESTS. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE !!!

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed at the Jameson Inn during the week of the 4th of July. When we arrived, the front desk greeted me, but she was on the phone and said "just a moment please." She was in the middle of a complaint call it seemed. After the call was over, she asked for my reservation number and then one of the housekeeping staff arrived and also went behind the desk. The front desk clerk asked the housekeeping staff which room to assign to us. She advised to give us a room on the 3rd floor, when we went to the room, a non-smoking sign was on the door - displayed in plain view. When we opened the door, the room stunk so bad from smoke that we called the front desk explained the situation and they said they would assign another room and make the situation right. When we returned to the front desk, they gave us a different room on the first floor which was very clean and satisfactory. We had a king bed, which was very comfortable, a clean bathroom, a nice tv, and the AC worked well and did not make a lot of noise (really nice)....the room was so quiet even though the door opened to the parking lot, you could not hear anyone coming or going, or any noise outside the room. This was very nice. It was easy to sleep in the room, because it was so quiet. We did not get the breakfast (which is included) because we got up too late. But, the hotel is located conveniently close to St. Simon's Island, Jekyll Island, and all other water events. There is a lot to do around the area, but we spent almost all of our time on St. Simon's Island as we had not been there before and truly enjoyed our time there. Would highly recommend this hotel, it is located right off of the expressway - convenient. Many restaurants are located close by and Starbucks is also within walking distance. The pool was really clean, and the water was warm....absolutely clean and very refreshing - that was also very nice. Looked like our room had recently been updated, this was a welcome issue as well. I believe that the front is overwhelmed at times because of the great deals being offered by the hotel and there are so many people taking advantage of them. But, don't let that detour you from staying here. It is a clean, updated hotel. And, a great deal.

Room Tip: We loved our room on the first floor - although the door was exposed to the parking lot, it was extr...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple