“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
San Antonio, TX
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I stayed here for the weekend last month. We got in late & there was no problem with our room. We had the blackout sheet for the window. It was a typical hotel but the price was half of the Holiday Inn next door.

We enjoyed the indoor pool & hot tub. There was also a steam spa, but we did not use that. There were plenty of towels at the pool the first night, but luckly we brought towels from our room the second night because there were no towels then.

The staff was very polite. I ended up having my flight delayed & having to stay an extra night. They arranged to have a taxi pick me up at 6AM the next morning so I could get to the airport & they even gave us a slight discount on the room the 3rd night. We slept in past the breakfast time two mornings & left before the breakfast started on the third.

We did have an issue with the room key on the second night like some reviewers have mentioned. The clerk told us that the room keys are cheap, so they lose the magnatism quickly, but my husband got it exchanged with no problem. Also, the room we had the bolt lock didn't work, only the rod & clasp "lock" & that made me uncomfortable. Overall, it was a nice hotel, great location & great price. Will definitly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I almost always stay at a Country Inn and Suites as they are always very clean, amenities nice, location good, price is always more than fair for what you get, and ok, I really like the idea of the hot breakfast being included and I like the points I earn!
I had a recent stay at this Country Inn and Suites here in Brunswick, GA last week and the staff was exceptional. I had my PS3 and my plan was to get online to play a game with my son while I was away but I was having issues getting the thing setup.
Well I called the front desk to see if maybe there was a trick to the TV, Well the desk clerk came and the Manager came as well. They said that we could try another room if it was the TV, helped me move my things, and lent me another type of cable. I just can’t say enough how much I appreciated all their efforts, they really went out of their way just for me and my son to play a game.
Anyhow, turns out it wasan issue with my PS3 unit, but was so pleased with their efforts, I'm here again tonight. Love it! So again tonight the desk clerk, a young woman I hadn't met yet, was also so very personable. She helped with some honest opinions of some local restaurants, so looking forward to that. She helped me with a suite room, the way to go if you’re a business traveler, which I love because it's like having a living room couch and chair. I find I get more done as I am far more comfortable with my laptop on my lap and stretched out on the couch in front of the news!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 July 2011

My wife, 13 year old granddaughter and I stayed one night here in a suite. The suite itself was very well equpped but bath towels were not in the room when we checked in at 3:00 PM. I notified the front desk and was told some would be brought to the room right away. At 4:00, still no towels so I called the front desk and was told to come up and get some. I went to the front desk and the clerk told me there weren't any available but some were being cleaned. At 5:30 I checked again, no towels but the same clerk said he would have them deivered. We went to supper and upon return the clerk recognized me and asked me to stop and he went and got 3 bath towels and face cloths. It took us 4 hours to get our bath towels.

The breakfast bar is barely adequate but acceptable. Staff seems concerned and are polite.

Room Tip: Suites have 2 tv's but only one remote. Staff will get you a second one if you ask.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
CLYDE
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Booked our room in person the day before we planned to stay with a guarantee for late arrival. Arrived at 11:45 pm the night we'd booked and were given keys to a room...got to the room (dead-tired after filming a wedding all day) and the keys didn't work. Called front desk; clerk came up and tried to open door, keys still didn't work. We sat down on luggage cart while he returned to the front desk and the door opened...someone was already in that room! Called front desk and argued with clerk (who insisted that was OUR room); he came up with keys to another room, assured us he'd drop our rate by another $20. We wound up with two queens instead of the king room we'd booked. Blackout curtains were "holey", looked really ratty. At checkout, learned the clerk knew nothing of the previous night's promise for a reduction in rate. We won't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
West Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I stayed here for one night on my 7000 mile road trip, on the way to Key West Florida. The room and the hotel as a whole: clean, new-looking. Even if it has only three floors it has a nice elevator as opposed to my Super 8 on Myrtle Beach where I had room on the 4th flloor with no elevator! It has a nice clean vending area and guest laundry facility. Beds are comfortable. Microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker (good for one cup at a time), tv, safe, iron and ironing board. On the whole I am happy with my stay, except for one thing: my room ( and I guess this may be the case with every room) does not have a curtain to darken the room and I am too sensitive to light when it comes to sleeping. I need pinch darkness! I had to cover the microwaves bright clock light with a towel, but there was nothing I could do about the window.... So, if light bothers you, check with the front desk if they can give you a room with a curtain to block light! Good luck.
Yes, free parking and Internet...
I would have given four stars, had i had not the above mentioned problem!

Room Tip: Ask for room with a curtain that darkens the room!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Would stay again, but surrounded by nicer hotels that had no occupancy. Second choice but priced right.

• Stayed April 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 April 2011

We chose this hotel as home base for a 5 day vacation exploring the Golden Isles due to its location, complimentary hot breakfast, and indoor pool and whirlpool. We are a typical family-- mom, dad, 16-year-old son, and 11-year-old daughter. When we checked in, the clerk seemed put off by the fact we asked for an extra set of sheets-- our son prefers to sleep on a portable pad rather than share a bed. Our room was clean, but there were some issues-- though there was a tray with coffee, cups, sugar, etc., there was no coffee pot. There was also no hair dryer in the bathroom though a metal plate on the wall suggested there should be one. The next day, I asked about a dryer and the young man on duty (last name Patel, I believe) was very friendly and accommodating and had a dryer sent to our room. I also asked him about the whirlpool spa, which was not working; he said someone would fix it the following day. Unfortunately, the jets were never fixed over the course of our stay, which was disappointing, as the whirlpool was one of the main reasons we chose the hotel. One night, the lights in the pool area didn't even work so we did not get to swim due to the darkness.

Another disappointment was the "hot breakfast." At the desk, a menu was prominently featured, showing a breakfast menu for each day. The first morning was supposedly "breakfast burrito" items-- with scrambled eggs, diced ham, peppers, onions, cheese, etc. listed, yet at the breakfast, there were only round egg patties and tortillas. My husband asked one of the ladies working in the breakfast area and she said that was all they had. They did have some cereal, waffles and other bread items, but that was a disappointment considering the "hot breakfast" menu touted at the desk. The next morning was equally sparse and disappointing. We skipped breakfast after that until the last day, and surprisingly that day, the "omelet bar" had a few items-- eggs, ham, peppers, onions, and cheese, so we enjoyed that.

The hotel's wifi signal was very weak for, resulting in continual disconnections.

As mentioned earlier, the staff was really hot and cold in their interactions with us. The woman who checked us in acted suspicious about our request for sheets and was not very friendly, and then another woman who was at the desk when I came down to request a bandage for my daughter was very indifferent; I'm not sure she even said one word to me as she handed me the bandage, much less expressed any concern (if only to be polite) as I would expect most people would when a guess makes such a request. Yet, this same woman was on duty when we checked out, and we actually had to wait for her to return to the lobby after cheerfully chatting with other guests in the parking lot, so apparently she *can* be friendlier. The young man who attended to our hair-dryer request was friendly and helpful, however.

We've stayed at countless hotels and are pretty easy to please, and though the room was clean and the lobby attractive, the quirky issues (missing room items, nonworking whirlpool, and falsely advertised hot breakfast items, make this a hotel we would only recommend for those looking simply for a bed for a quick overnight stay, nothing more.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family