“Great Hotel For Brunswick, GA”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 23 December 2012

This hotel was amazing. I travel through this area at least twice a week for business and this is one of the better hotels I have stayed at. The hotel had plenty of amenities; free wifi, indoor pool, sauna, and a fitness center. We took the offer to upgrade to a suite and it was well worth the marginal price difference of $15. The room was HUGE and there was a living area in the room as well. The breakfast was absolutely amazing. There was 4 different name brand cereals, some hot biscuits and eggs, waffles, and much much more. This hotel is great and a bargain for the room size and cleanliness of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Sean J
Rahul P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We sincerely enjoyed having you and your guests stay with us. We hope that if you are in the area again, you choose to stay with us. If not, please stop by for freshly baked cookies to meet us. We wish you a happy new year and thank you again.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

My family of four stayed here for one night on our way to a cruise out of Jacksonville, FL. Arrived late evening. Room was CLEAN and quiet. Manager was helpful with lost wallet(found) and late breakfast was hot. Thanks. We will stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2012

The bed was very bouncy so that whenever my husband or I moved, it bounced the other person. The guy at the reception was not cordial. The breakfast food was not the same as in the other Country Inn & Suites. The lighting in the room was dark/dismal. For those of you who like Country Inn & Suites like we do, avoid this one.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank detejeke
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Fresh baked cookies greet you, along with 24 hour coffee. Great breakfast. Nice warm indoor pool and tepid hot tub were great after a long drive. Very comfy beds. Time to update to an LCD TV. Nice thermostat-controlled climate control. USA Today in the morning. Convenient to 95. Pleasant walk east along the street hotel is on. A little more adventurous with a short walk on a busy road with no sidewalk gets you to a nice neighborhood set around a lake for a walk or run. Only drawback for us was no dogs allowed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor in the back if you like getting morning sun.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2012

My ONLY issue with this property is that they have no connecting rooms.

The rooms were spotlessly clean, the bathroom was nice, the pool looked VERY inviting (we were too late to swim). The desk staff in the morning, David Blitch and Andrea Lismore, were very professional and just plain nice. The breakfast was plentiful and well stocked, and pretty typical for this genre.

We booked two rooms here, and I THOUGHT I was booking direct with the hotel, but the link here on TripAdvisor was actually Hotels.com. Big mistake. I called, because we nearly always get two connecting rooms. Because our party was six, including three small children, we REALLY wanted those connecting rooms. I asked when making the reservation, and the reservation clerk assured me that we had connecting rooms. When we checked in, the night clerk just said, we have no connecting rooms. If it had not been so late, we would have gone somewhere else. we made it work.

In the morning, the desk clerk told me that the reservation request from Hotels.com asked for rooms near each other.

Make sure you are calling the hotel direct. If you do not need connecting rooms, I would hands down recommend this property. Just call direct... 912-456-4000. Hotels.com, never again...

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Sauna did not work... Only disappointment everything else was great especially the staff who were great with the grand kids !
Recommend for any family traveling especially with kids, breakfast was terrific also!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 13 November 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Brunswick GA just of I-95. Sleeping at a hotel is a necessary evil for me, and trying to decide where to stay is always a little stressful. I will often ask to see a room before I rent it because we have had experiences with really dirty rooms at well known chains. Anyway, 2 weeks prior my husband had stayed at Country Inn near Washington DC and said how awesome it was and for a reasonable price so we chose Country Inn in Brunswick because of that. We were so pleased (especially me). The lobby was clean and well kept. The staff was courteous and friendly and the room was just perfect. I could tell it was clean as soon as I walked in... no musty bad smells and upon closer inspection it really was clean. (I'm the kind that checks window sills, corners, nooks, crannies). I felt soooooo at home and relaxed. The bed was clean and fresh smelling and so very comfortable. I inquired about purchasing some pillows the next morning, but they're not for sale! I slept very well and felt completely refreshed and relaxed in the morning. The free continental breakfast was very good. The tables and carpet in the dining room were clean... Again, the staff was courteous and friendly. We are planning to at least try to stay at this chain whenever we are away from home. It really was just excellent. Thanks Brunswick, GA. Keep doing what your doing.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple