“Roaches on toothbrush”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
“Roaches on toothbrush”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

3 diiferent rooms with roaches in one night. Found the first one on my toothbrush. I was told by Sam (front desk clerk) that roaches are normal in Georgia, even in brand new properties, and that I didn't need to move.

The only reason I rated the service a 2 is because of the service provided by david. He was very respectful, cooperative, empathetic, and caring.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank mdavidson2003
Rahul P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
I apologize for the issues you had. Orkin sprays our entire property regularly, and had sprayed literally the day before your stay. After your complaint, we had them come back out and spray again. The stain you discovered was a coffee stain underneath the mattress on the liner for the box spring and would have required that the entire mattress be lifted to be seen. I apologize that this was discovered by you rather than the housekeeping staff, but they typically are not required to life the entire mattress every day. The liner has since been thrown away and replaced. The issue you had with our employee was also addressed and will not happen again.

With all that being said, I would like to point out that you have been given a full refund and our corporate office has taken it a step further by giving you a free night for the trouble you experienced. I also personally called you the very next day and left a voicemail to apologize for the trouble you had, but never heard back from you. Further, we have had no other complaints about bugs of any kind in any of our rooms, including the ones you stayed in, either before or after your stay.

It appears that the bug issue you experienced was an isolated event, but I do apologize that you had to go through it nonetheless.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We were driving to Fl and had decided to stop in Brunswick for the night. Since we had no idea where we would end up for the night we had not made advance reservations. The desk clerk was in the process of checking another couple in but did acknowledge me. No problem with the wait and he did give us a decent room rate of $79.00, however, he was a bid odd as he kept making rather suggestive comments to my husband and me about our sleeping arrangements. It wasn't until we went out to get a bite to eat that my husband remembered we had stayed at the same place previously. Had I remembered this before checking in we would have found another place. It is a bit tired, the rooms could use some updating, and the breakfast is just so, so. As an example, most places have small containers of Yogurt, but in this case an entire container was set out for guests to use. There was some sort of crock that the servers had scooped yogurt into but that was empty so I had to open the obviously "store bought" container in order to have some to put on my fruit. We also had a few issues with the a/c and TV - the desk did respond immediately and it was a quick fix. All and all I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed here on our way back to Atlanta from Florida. This is the second time in a row a Country Inn hasn't been great. The front desk staff was a little rude. The room was okay, but the beds weren't comfortable and the breakfast was poor. We didn't eat it, so we packed up and went down an exit to a Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Definitely will never stay here again. Probably will have to think hard before staying at another Country Inn

Room Tip: Look for another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Caleb J
Rahul P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
I am deeply sorry that our hotel was not up to your standards. We strive to treat every customer with the utmost respect and courtesy. I will personally be reminding my entire staff of the importance of superb customer service. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Travellers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

Mars, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Rooms are a bit out dated but pretty clean,...... The breakfast area is small but the food was typical Country Inn. The breakfast was very adequate.

The pool and sauna are small but decent with plenty of towels

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Rahul P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us! We are actually in the process of renovating our rooms, complete with nice LCD TV's! We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

My daughter's 24th birthday. However our group's rooms were on different floors & opposite sides of the hotel. When we arrived, the manager was being disrespectful to a man doing work there who was obviously his senior. He took my son in law through several changes to prove his employee status to the point where his supervisor was even frustrated. She kept having to go back to the office to fax. She did way more than she has to normally & even mentioned they probably didnt want us there. Skin complexion possibly? Idk. We really felt like we were being stalked the entire time we were there.

I made the mistake of flattening my hair before I left & my card was charged $250 because they said the room had smoke. When I said no one smoked in the room, they called me a liar because I smoked outside. Hello¡ outside! Nothing worse than having your money stolen while on vacation! Im still waiting to hear from Carlson Corporate. Lol-smiley face. Probably never will. In which case, I wont stay at another property like this one. Has no one there ever been to a salon? I wonder. I work hard for my money every day! & to be Convicted & fined w/no trial for having thick homegrown? No thanks! I really feel that is unconstitutional.There was no democracy, civility or comity exhibited! I offered to bring the flat iron back to demonstrate. When he charged my card anyway, it just confirmed who the liar really was. Never again, the room wasnt even worth the discount. I travel alot & have never had a problem w/a hotel until that day. From the W to the Days. From L.A. to S. GA. Our business was on the island anyway. There were many closer places.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Dorinda E
My sincere apologies for the poor experience you had. The situation you are describing is inconsistent with a typical stay at our hotel and I would like an opportunity to further discuss it with you. If you are interested in discussing your issue further, please call me directly at 912-264-2888.

Canton, Georgia
Reviewed 27 December 2012

My recent overnight stay was most excellent. It began as soon as we arrived with a warm & friendly greeting. We were provided with clean comfortable and eye pleasing accommodations. The complimentary breakfast had a variety of options including fresh fruit, eggs and waffles. I could not have been more pleased and will most certainly stay there again upon my next visit to the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review! I'm thrilled that you had such a wonderful stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

The rooms are out dated but pretty clean. Old televisions and the smallest pillows I have ever seen. Called front desk asking for a couple more pillows and was told they had none. . Not the kind of answer you would expect from a Country Inn. The breakfast area is small but the food was typical Country Inn. overall it seems like they are just collecting money and not really caring about upkeep in the motel.

• Stayed December 2012
Rahul P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. In regards to your concerns about the property, we are waiting on LCD televisions that are on back order so we should have those in by your next visit into the area. The rooms are currently being painted as well. We hope that upon your next visit, you choose to stay with us and enjoy the new upgrades. Thank you again and we wish you a happy new year.