“Expected alittle bit more” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95

and 1 more site!
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
“Expected alittle bit more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

The hotel overall was decent. My husband and I stayed for two days for weekend trip. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The big reason I marked it down was because the room seemed dirty. I found a hair on the sheets, the bathroom floor, toilet, and tub was dirty. Also, the mattress was not too comfortable. One other thing I had a problem with was the sauna didn't work and the hot tub jets wouldn't turn on. The breakfast was pretty good. It would have been a nice place to stay, but even at a discounted rate, I still expect the rooms to be cleaned properly.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ashleypol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

We stayed here the first weekend of June for a baseball tournament. We have stayed here in the past and it was fine. Only 2 years ago. This time however we entered the room and the toilet was stained with "poop" from a previous guest. There were no sheets etc. for the pull out sofa, (and when my husband went to the front desk to get some the clerk acted as if he didn't believe my husband), the vending machines on all floors were not working either. The people of above us were jumping around until 3 am and we called the front 3 separate times to ask them to call the people above to ask them to quiet down. They said they did and that the people above us had kids with them. We did too and ours were trying to sleep. I know the hotel has no control of the people above us but after 3 calls and they were still up making noise until 3 am the hotel should have moved them to another room. Breakfast the next morning was terrible. The staff member who was to be stocking the breakfast area apparently didn't show up so the front desk clerk was doing double duty. They were out of everything. I felt sorry for the front desk clerk because she was really trying. When we checked out the clerk asked how was my stay. I was completely honest with her and explained all of the above to which she said "Oh, I'm sorry." There was no offer to discount the room at all. So I paid $127 for no sleep in a dirty room and a terrible breakfast. There are several other hotels in the same area as this one so my advice would be to stay at one of those.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Momto3Georgia
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, 22 June 2013

Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.

Travellers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

This hotel is off of I-95, but not the first hotel that you come to at this location. It is worth the effort to go a few hotels further. This hotel will give you the best deal. We did not have a reservation and stopped at a major chain hotel that we regularly stay in. The quote we received sent me out the door. Just across the way was the County Inn & Suites. The quote was much better and included breakfast the next morning. My husband and I like a suite with two televisions. :) not all rooms had this and we found out the room quoted was just one standard room. My husband asked if they would give us the better room at the lower rate and they did. You can't get what you don't ask for. The gentleman at the desk was quite friendly.

Our suite was clean, comfortable and spacious. Breakfast was adequate, but nothing special. The hotel is a good value.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarshaF
Perry, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

Helpful, friendly staff that was willing to help with anything we needed. Had a good variety for breakfast. The pool was very nice and heated just right, hottub was nice and hot! :) We will be staying again soon!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank roni v
Waycross, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

Stayed here last December as a wedding gift. Clean, quick check-in, friendly staff, comfortable rooms, close to plenty of restaurants and stores, clean pool & spa area. No disappointments, would stay here again

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Haylee S
Chesterville, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

Very clean hotel with friendly, competent staff. I always stay here when travel takes me to Brunswick. Great hot breakfast different each day, fast complimentary internet, many close restaaurants. Clean comfortable rooms with good desks. Good pool, spa, and exercise room. And good value.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

My wife and I recently returned from a 4-day visit to Brunswick, GA to attend a graduation at FLETC. We made reservations to stay at the Country Inn & Suites and were not disappointed with the accommodations and friendly staff. Our room was ready for us upon our arrival; the room was clean and nicely appointed. After settling in we asked to front desk for lunch suggestions; the recommendations turned out excellent. The location of the hotel is very convenient as well--close to FLETC and adjacent Golden Isles. We enjoyed day trips to Jekyll and St. Simons, both within 20 minutes from the hotel. We highly recommend the Country Inn & Suites when visiting Brunswick. Enjoy!

Room Tip: This property is completely smoke free so every room is a good room.