“BEWARE OF GARY WENT ; Front desk receptionist.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Georgia
“BEWARE OF GARY WENT ; Front desk receptionist.”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

BEWARE OF GARY WENT, front desk receptionist...... Never been treated with such horrible customer Service.....booked a room here for 3 nights starting on Sunday - Wednesday didn't make it tho'. Not only does this place have roaches,but Gary Went yelled at us ,kicked us out with my two small children, accused us of pulling the towel rail, which was already hanging when we got there.Terrified my two children due to his yelling and angry demeanor. Gary also promised us a full refund which he didn't end up giving us. Not only do we feel discriminated because we are two females with small children but also our race.

• Stayed August 2014
6 Thank Eve03lyn
Rahul P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. First off, when the complaint was made concerning the pest in the first room you occupied our front desk staff moved you to another room on a totally different floor. We have addressed this issue with our pest control. Gary did not kick you out when you made your complaint known to him about the towel rack it was in the afternoon and our maintenance person had already left for the day, therefore it would not be addressed until the following day. He did come up there and observe the towel rack because you explained it could fall on someone and all of our housekeepers know to report any maintenance issues when cleaning the rooms so the issue would have been reported and corrected. However, if the towel rack was in that state at the time you went into this room then you could have immediately reported it to the front desk person who moved you and it would have been taken care of right away that morning by our maintenance staff. Gary simply stated that if you were not comfortable staying here you were welcome to checkout and he would not charge you for that 3rd night, I do apologize if you took it as him kicking you out. No refund was ever promised to you. Normally if it is past check-out time we will charge half a day and nothing was charged to you for that specific day. We do not discriminate based on gender or race at our property but we do have policies to follow and that is what Gary was doing. I do apologize that you felt traumatized and we will address this with our front desk team to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed 9 August 2014

No one wearing name tags in order to identify. Front Desk staff spent more time in side room watching TV or socializing and guests had to call for someone to assist with questions and/needs. Breakfast attendant unprepared for being busy and guests received "cool" reception when requesting "missing breakfast items". Breakfast not to Country Inn standards.
Housekeeping needs additional training....hair in bathtub and bathroom floors.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank N B C
Rahul P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We will address these with our team and will be working diligently to ensure this does not occur in the future. We hope that you will give us a second chance to restore your faith in our hotel and that if you choose to stay with us again we can exceed your expectations.
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Internet did not work even in their "business center". Old furniture in poor shape. Ran out of pillows so we did not have enough. Paint peeling off walls in bathroom. Breakfast was terrible...eggs and potatoes were horrendous...threw them out. All of the hotels weer stayed in this trip were good except this one. Not what we've come to expect from a Country Inn and Suites. Front desk manager Gary was a bit condescending and not helpful at all.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lois D
Rahul P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We have corrected the internet issue and we will address the others issues mentioned with our team. We hope that you will give us a second chance to make things right and if you choose to stay with us again that we can exceed your expectations.

Travellers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was the third Country Inn & Suites we visited during our two week vacation. The other hotels were delightful, welcoming and extremely clean. Our experience at Brunswick was, in a word, dreadful. As we were driving to the hotel, we ran into a strong rain storm about 5 p.m. Thinking we might arrive after 6 p.m., as a courtesy, I asked my granddaughter to phone the hotel to let them know we were on the way and to hold our reservation. A snarly voice with a strong accent abruptly told her "if your credit card is good I will hold it, if not it will be cancelled." Charming. We arrived at 6:11 p.m. to an unoccupied front desk. We waited a few minutes and "ole snarly" checked us in without a "hello", "welcome", "enjoy your stay" or any eye-to-eye connection. Sad. As we walked to our room, we noticed the pool was really crowded with children, many in diapers. Yuck. We put our bags in the room and left for dinner. When we returned the pool was even more crowded with diapered babies. Double Yuck. We showered and readied for bed to the sounds of doors slamming, I had a hard time believing there were so many doors in the hotel. One loud slam after another. Rude. As we laid our heads down to sleep, we realized we must be in a room directly beneath a team of 500 pound Sumo wrestlers practicing. Stomp, stomp, STOMP, SLAM. On and on for hours. Double rude. We had no cell service in the hotel, internet did not work. Our family was concerned about the rough weather and called the Country Inn and Suites Brunswick to check on us. "Ole Snarly" answered the front desk phone and immediately snapped at my worried sister who was calling long distance, "I am checking someone in to the hotel - you can call back or hold until I'm finished." Stunned. At check out in the morning, I stopped at the front desk and reported that there was no iron in the closet and that the glass coffee pot was missing. I was given my first eye-to-eye look and it was quite nasty. I asked for a copy of my folio and was told "we don't do that." I asked if I could please have some form of receipt for my stay and was told sharply "go online." Snarky. I believe this is the Country Inn and Suites that has been lost and forgotten from the rest of the chain. There is no hospitality at this hotel. The cleanliness is careless. The floors had not been vacuumed. This hotel is in dire need of a makeover - from management on down.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank JinnieK
Rahul P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. However, if any guests with small children in diapers want to let them swim so long as they are registered guests we cannot ask them to leave the pool for that reason. Each property is independently owned and here our cancellation policy is 6pm so therefore we cannot hold rooms with out an approved credit card past that time, but I do apologize on behalf of how the front desk staff handled the situation. If there was an issue with noise from the guests above you a quick phone call to the front desk and we would have gladly addressed those guests so that you could have enjoyed a more peaceful night. We will address our front desk and housekeeping team concerning the issues you mentioned in this survey. We will be working diligently to improve our services and hope that if you choose to stay with us again we can exceed your expectations.
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Over all a great stay, room was clean and neat... staff was very nice. The only complaint I'd have is the Internet, it doesn't work but every other minute. The breakfast was delish, pool was clean and so was the hot tub, bummed about the sauna being broken :( looking forward to that.

Would definitely consider staying again

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicole R
Rahul P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay. Unfortunately, the sauna is down and we are actually working with Carlson to see if we can have it removed due to guests continually using pool water to create the steam instead of the clean water provided and the chemicals destroying the electrical parts. We do hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the Brunswick area.
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Clean room the only good experience.Very poor internet ,no internet in room. Staff not very friendly,mgr. had attitude .frig only kept things cool not cold. Room was only bare bones, furniture needs updating,bathroom shower about to fall off the wall . Nice TV ,lots of channels. This motel doesn't come close to Country Inns we have stayed and enjoyed.I will never stay there again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Nathan M
Rahul P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We will be working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We hope that you'll choose to give us a second chance to restore your faith in our hotel.
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed one night, 7/5/2014. King bed with a sleeper sofa. First minor problem was a tv that did not have working volume. Next, I would expect the bathroom to have two somewhat full rolls of toilet paper, only had one partial roll. Worst problem was the sleeper sofa. There was no way a person could sleep on it,absolutely terrible. A 100 lb teenage girl found it so uncomfortable that she preferred to sleep on the floor!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank timmoranla
Rahul P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We have addressed the toilet paper issue with our housekeeping staff. We will address the sofa bed issue with our team and will be diligently working to ensure this does not occur again in the future. We do hope that you will give us a second chance to restore your faith in our hotel and exceed your expectations.