“It's all about the staff”

Courtyard Brunswick
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions over the years. Although the location and condition of the property initially brought me in, it is the staff that continues to bring me back.

Michelle and Dorothy run the front desk like they own the place. Every guest is given a warm welcome and friendly service. Spending time at the bistro is like being in my dining room at home. Mary Helen and Rose make everyone feel like family and they treat every guest like royalty. In the kitchen, Paul prepares food worthy of a five-star restaurant. He even visits guests in the dining room now and then just to ensure that everything is to their liking. Sheila takes care of housekeeping with every attention to detail possible. She is always on top of things.

For the business traveler, it simply does not get any better than this!

-THA

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank THA-01
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Valued guest, we work very hard to provide the best service possible and knowing that the team was able to deliver to that promise, it is the best reward. Thank you so much for the kind comments and taking the time to let us know. I will share your comments with the staff and celebrate the great rating.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I hosted an event here... ended up with 11 guest rooms, a meeting room, and some food.

Two small glitches. First, the sales manager left and didn't tell the new sales manager all the details. But this was fixed with literally just a phone call. And, one of my guests is a Marriott Rewards points piggy and booked his own room, at 20% LESS than the group rate I got for 11.

But it was a great stay. They seemed genuinely happy to have our business, and genuinely pleased to serve.

It's an awfully convenient hotel, located on I-95 (and my room overlooked the highway and was across from both the ice machine and elevator -- a location triple play! -- and was plenty quiet for my taste). It is clean and has been remodeled recently (it has the new Courtyard lobby and Bistro and is very nice).

Check in was easy and without incident.

Meeting room wasn't quite how I expected it set up... they had it moved in a jiffy. Meeting food was actually very good -- I had specified light snacks and ended up with chicken salad (fresh) rollups and killer BLT's -- and, for hotel meeting food, quite reasonably priced. Service was professional and attentive.

I actually liked my room. It was the new Courtyard style, with a sofa, coffee table, and desk setup. Bed was nice and comfy, and the pillows were good. And, while I read reviews about noise, my room overlooking the interstate and literally just across the hall from the elevator was plenty quite.

Plenty of hot water. AC worked just fine. Nice TV with adequate selection of channels. Glass glasses (I hate when decent hotels put out paper cups instead of water glasses).

Internet (free) worked consistently and everywhere.

Staff was extraordinary friendly.

It's a Courtyard (i.e., not their luxury brand). But it was very nice, exceeded expectations, and was a good value. And, while we were there for business, we had dinner on St. Simons and were there in less than half an hour.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Valued guest. I cant thank you enough for your great review. I am glad we were able to fulfill the needs of your group and that you were satisfied with the different services and amenities. Like you said, we are not a luxury hotel, but very capable of delivering a superior service. Thank you for your business and hope to have you again in a near future!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We drove to Disney for our first trip with our boys in early October. On the way back, we stopped about halfway thru in Brunswick and stayed at the Courtyard. Our friends suggested the town, it's the type of exit with several hotel, restaurant, and shopping options all within a couple of miles of the interstate. We asked for connecting rooms, each with two queen beds, but the only connecting rooms available had king beds so they offered a free upgrade to 1 room with a king bed and a connecting king suite. Needless to say, we were happy with the way they handled it - our boys are young and we didn't feel comfortable with anything other than a connecting room.

The rooms were just what we expected. I've stayed at several different Courtyards during business travel over the years, and the rooms are big and have everything you need for a short stay: nice, comfortable bed; small couch or chair in front of the TV; wardrobe and dresser drawers for clothes; a desk with comfortable chair; and a big, open bathroom. My wife had never stayed at a Courtyard and she was extremely impressed with the rooms, particularly (of course) the suite, which had a huge den area with a nice TV, bar, and open space for the boys to play with their new Disney toys.

The next morning we got up and left early, but we had a quick breakfast and were very impressed with the quality of the food at the restaurant near the front entrance.

Other reviews have mentioned the proximity to I-95 and I agree, it's a little close and you can definitely hear the 18-wheelers overnight. My wife is a light sleeper and had a bit of trouble dealing with the noise, but not enough to affect her view of this hotel - I believe we'll use it every time we're on our way back from Disney.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest, thank you for the great, detailed review! I am very glad that you loved our rooms, our breakfast, with the high quality of our food, and also that you had a good sleep even though your room was located right next to the highway. We are very grateful that you are making us your preferred hotel when you travel by. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

The hotel is built right next to 95. The rumble of the highway is clearly heard even in a 'quiet' room. Also, the fan on the window a/c unit is noisy. So it was hard to get a good night's sleep. Granted, I'm a light sleeper, but it was noisy for my husband, too. On the other hand, the staff is excellent and the hotel is nicely appointed. Bottom line: they built the hotel too close to the highway.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. I am terribly sorry to hear that you didn’t have enough rest. Also, I appreciate your kind comments as we work very hard to provide a high satisfaction, but it is unfortunate when something out of our control is impacting our guest experience. We hope to have you again, and please make sure to let us know you want to have a quiet room, and we will make sure to have you in one of our quietest rooms, and I am sure your experience will be perfect. Appreciate your business!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Our room was very lovely, everything was nice and modern. For us this was a short stay on the beginning of our week long vacation. We left Augusta Saturday evening to get a head start on a drive to Miami. Wanted to break it up so we only drove 3 hrs to Brunswick. Staff was pleasant. The atmosphere gave a true sense of security. The entire place was lovely. We had no complaints. They have a little bistro type restaurant in the hotel so there was not a free breakfast which is something we normally look for when traveling, but since I got a great price for the room I figured a quick stop at a McDonalds would be worth the price I paid for the room. This is something they should really change, but its just a nicety that others offers. Free internet is more important to me than the breakfast. I will use and highly recommend this hotel. I travel to Florida at least once a year, (as often as money allows).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest, thank you for the nice review. We work very hard to deliver a high satisfaction and we are glad that we were able to meet all your expectations. We hope you keep stopping by on your FL travels. Thank you staying with us!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Traveling on business and got this hotel at great price....super friendly & helpful desk staff. Large clean room..some road noise but not annoying. Modern room decor with comfy pillows.A well done and upscale Marriott Courtyard. A great stay for the price!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were in Brunswick for a family reunion. The hotel was close to the interstate and the beach. We extended our stay because this hotel was convenient to everything. Saint Simons Island is close by and well worth a visit. We had great service at Courtyard and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: With kids, I wish we had been closer to the elevator.