“What a Surprise!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Chapel Hill, NC
“What a Surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We've been staying at Marriott Courtyard facilities since the late 1980's. Usually, they were adequate, but nothing special. Until last week when we stayed in Brunswick, GA. What a pleasant surprise - the lobby is sleek, clean and modern looking. The receptionist (sorry I forgot your name) was friendly, inviting and helpful. We got into our room after a long day of traveling and again, what a pleasant surprise. The room was great, crisp white bedding, big desk area to hold our "stuff", a small coffee bar and fridge. The bathroom was big enough - I can only say that I missed seeing some body lotion on the amenities dish. Other than that the room was more than accommodating. The next morning we had a made to order breakfast for only $5.00 more (for both of us). The receptionist had alerted us to that benefit. And what a benefit. We could order anything off the regular menu. I had regular oatmeal, came with brown sugar, raisins and nuts. Delicious. My husband had the french toast and he loved it. For a motel breakfast, it definitely rated an A+. Thanks to everyone who made our stay comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear guest, it is a great reward to see that you were so pleased with your experience with us. We work very hard to provide great satisfaction and it is nice to see that we deliver that promise. Thank you for the details when describing our hotel, we believe we provide superior experience than many other hotels and I am glad you thought it was the case. Again thank you for your generous comments and please come back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Life is good. I was driving from Miami to Virginia and pulled in around ten pm. The lady behind the desk gave me a key to a spotlessly clean room, a smile, and notice my sunburn and gave me sympathy. I was alone and not feeling well and that was nice.

Two little problems. I had trouble finding light switches, especially in the bathroom. It is further than what you are used to. Also, there are only a handful of spaces, half of them handicapped (and those were full) near the entrance. For pretty much all of the others, you have to carry suitcases up and over a curb, through the grass, and down over the curb again. If this will be a problem, park on the end. It is further, but you don't have to fight the curbs.

Room Tip: I can't imagine any room would be bad.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Valued Guest, thank you for your comments. We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay and I am pleased to see that my staff is ready to provide that individual service that makes us stand out with the other hotels. I also noted your suggestions for review in future projects. Again, thank you for staying with us, please come back to see us soon!
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I will start by saying, the staff couldn't be more accommodating, Dorothy is wonderful. I believe there are new owners in which case some things may change. The hotel is located very close to I 95, therefore like many other reviewers, if you need sleep, ask for a room away from the interstate. The confusing thing is that the suites are on the I 95 side, so we asked to be moved to a regular king room away form the highway. Let's face it, we go to hotels to sleep! It might be worth looking into impact glass that really shields noise rather than redesigning the hotel. I stick by Marriott in every case and will continue to do so. We would stay here again, but hope there may be modifications, just don't change the great people that work here. The rooms are so clean and housekeeping wished us a pleasant stay...that's nice.

Room Tip: I've stated, a room away from I 95, unless you sleep easily.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that the staff fulfilled our number one commitment in delivering great service. I will share your comments with Dorothy, as our guest's satisfaction is our best motivation. I remember I was who checked you in and I see you like the option I offered, to be able to ensure you have a restful night. I will share your comments with our superiors as they are considering options to help the issue. Again, thank you for your comments and hope to see you soon!
North Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

This was a great place for us to stay on our trip to and from Florida. It is attractive, clean and the staff is very helpful and friendly. The beds are super comfortable and the towels are soft and smell good. We will stay here again next year.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, thank you for your comments and let us know how much you enjoyed our rooms and the amenities that we offer. We try to have superior quality and I am glad that you appreciate them. Also, I am glad that my staff did a good job, I will share your comments with them. We look forward to see you on your next visit like you mentioned. Thank you!
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Checked in late night, Staff was awake and personable. Dorothy was very kind and the next morning in the cafe Mary Helen and Paul took great care of us, waiting on us even after breakfast service had ended. Very clean and highly recommend for anyone traveling through the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for such a nice remark. I am very proud to say that I agree! I have the privilege to work with an Amazing group of people that cares to deliver "Amazing Service" to all our guests. I will share your comments with them, as it is very rewarding to receive such nice comments. Thank you for staying with us and please come back to see us.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed at the Brunswick Courtyard Marriott the end of December 2013. We had stayed at two other hotels at the same Brunswick exit in the past and this hotel is much better than either one of the other two! We read the reviews for this hotel on Trip Advisor and asked for a "quiet room away from the interstate". The hotel was more than happy to accommodate us. Monicke and Mercedes greeted us upon arrival and and treated us wonderfully! The room was very nice, the bathroom was clean and we had no issues with Interstate noise. We will certainly stay at this hotel again in the future!

Room Tip: For those of you who are bothered by noise on the interstate, I suggest you turn the fan setting you...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Guest, thank you very much for such nice review and comments. We are working very hard to be the leader in service and guest satisfaction in our area and it is great to see that the efforts are paying off. I will share with the staff, as it is very rewarding for them to create such good impression to our guests. Thank you for mentioning that noise is not a negative factor, as most of our guests don’t have any issue with noise. Again, we appreciate your feedback, we can’t wait to have you again in the near future!
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I was impressed with my stay at this hotel, the staff was wonderful, and the building was immaculate inside and out. The rates were very reasonable and I enjoyed the sit down breakfast at the bistro in the morning. The rooms were very clean and modern, and the internet station has 3 computers to use in case others are busy. The lobby is large and inviting, and the folks at the desk were some of the nicest people I encountered on my trek from Boston to Tampa. It looks like some people have concerns about road noise as it is close to I-95, but I did not experience that at all. I would go back again and recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Guest, it is very rewarding when a guest takes time to share their satisfaction, and even better when give so many good details that made their stay superior. We work very hard to provide excellent service and we are thrilled to know that we had lived up to that commitment. I will certainly share your comments with the staff, as they take pride on our guest’s satisfaction, especially after mentioning how nice the staff was. I also appreciate you for recommending our hotel and mentioning that you were not disturbed by the noise, as this is very important for many travelers. Thank you for staying with us and please come back to see us soon!