“Would stay again......”

Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Devon, Pennsylvania
“Would stay again......”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

First time at the Courtyard. We usually stay at the Fairfield.....thought we'd try something different in the Marriott family. As previously noted it is closer to the highway but we were not bothered by the noise. Traffic on 95 almost like "white noise" so it did not keep us awake. Nice hotel with very comfortable bed and pillows. Like the idea of the safe in the closet. Courtyard charges for their breakfast but we had the $5 coupon and it was okay. The "bistro menu" breakfast works....I had cereal, coffee and yogurt - my husband had eggs, toast, potatoes and coffee. After we checked in it was only a short hop to the Millhouse Steakhouse for dinner. Would stay again when in Brunswick.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank enclave17
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Valued Guest, thank you for staying with us. We have found that like you, many other guests had made us their hotel of choice when travel to the area. We are very grateful for the loyalty and that our efforts to deliver superior service are allowing us to be a preferred hotel. We are glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our breakfast, as you experience it offers superior quality, being fresh to order. Again, thank you for your feedback and please come back to see us soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Sandersville, Georgia
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Pros: Accommodating Staff, Clean Hotel, Comfy Beds
Cons: Located right off the interstate so you can hear the traffic when the ac isn't running. AC is pretty loud (perhaps that's to drown out the traffic?). You can hear conversations from neighboring rooms pretty clearly. Other travelers apparently get up very early...doors started slamming at 5 a.m....so not much sleep last night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Danielle C
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest, I appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear that you had found our hotel clean with comfortable beds and our staff to be accommodating. Also, I am terribly sorry that other type of noise may had impacted your sleep. We work very hard to provide superior experience and we hate that something that we can't control will prevent you from fully enjoy your stay. On your next visit, please make us aware that you want a very quiet room, and we will accommodate your request and I am pretty sure your experience will be completely satisfying. Thank you for staying with us, please come back to see us.
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Upon entering this hotel we were greeted by a nice young lady, Mercedes. She was extremely pleasant and extremely efficient considering the amount of guests needing to check in. This hotel was clean and the other staff were very friendly!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest, we are thrilled to hear our service is exactly how we work for, Excellent is what we strive for. I will share your comments with the team, specially with Mercedes. Thank you for your feedback as it is the best reward for our efforts. We hope to have again soon!
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I arrived late last night. Extremely tired from driving 7 hours. I knew sleeping wouldn't be a problem, the check in process was smooth and I found the rooms to be very clean and roomy.I went to sleep quite quickly and woke up in the middle of the night with sounds that appear to be Giant clown, making huge animal balloon figures (this continued through the morning). There was All kind of squeaking going on... it felt like I was living in huge Styrofoam house.... don't get me wrong, I slept... but if I wouldn't have been as tired as I was... This would have kept me up all night.
It is a beautiful property, but no doubt it is the noisiest Courtyard I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank yaser z
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Valued Guest, thank you for the feedback. I appreciate the nice comments and letting us know the good things you experienced. Also, I want to apologize for the noise from the room above you. We work hard to provide a superior experience and it is disappointing that other guest are no as considered as we wish. Thank you for staying with us and please come back to see us!
Covington, Georgia
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights while our daughter attended a conference on St Simon Island. Our room was clean and comfortable. The only issue was no water pressure in our shower. Bathroom could be updated and it would be great. It's right off the interstate so it could be a little noisy for a lite sleeper.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Lee201172
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. We loved to hear that you had a comfortable and clean stay. Also, we will review your concerns to make it great like you mentioned. Thank you for staying with us and please come back to see us soon!
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We've been staying at Marriott Courtyard facilities since the late 1980's. Usually, they were adequate, but nothing special. Until last week when we stayed in Brunswick, GA. What a pleasant surprise - the lobby is sleek, clean and modern looking. The receptionist (sorry I forgot your name) was friendly, inviting and helpful. We got into our room after a long day of traveling and again, what a pleasant surprise. The room was great, crisp white bedding, big desk area to hold our "stuff", a small coffee bar and fridge. The bathroom was big enough - I can only say that I missed seeing some body lotion on the amenities dish. Other than that the room was more than accommodating. The next morning we had a made to order breakfast for only $5.00 more (for both of us). The receptionist had alerted us to that benefit. And what a benefit. We could order anything off the regular menu. I had regular oatmeal, came with brown sugar, raisins and nuts. Delicious. My husband had the french toast and he loved it. For a motel breakfast, it definitely rated an A+. Thanks to everyone who made our stay comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest, it is a great reward to see that you were so pleased with your experience with us. We work very hard to provide great satisfaction and it is nice to see that we deliver that promise. Thank you for the details when describing our hotel, we believe we provide superior experience than many other hotels and I am glad you thought it was the case. Again thank you for your generous comments and please come back soon!
South Carolina
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Life is good. I was driving from Miami to Virginia and pulled in around ten pm. The lady behind the desk gave me a key to a spotlessly clean room, a smile, and notice my sunburn and gave me sympathy. I was alone and not feeling well and that was nice.

Two little problems. I had trouble finding light switches, especially in the bathroom. It is further than what you are used to. Also, there are only a handful of spaces, half of them handicapped (and those were full) near the entrance. For pretty much all of the others, you have to carry suitcases up and over a curb, through the grass, and down over the curb again. If this will be a problem, park on the end. It is further, but you don't have to fight the curbs.

Room Tip: I can't imagine any room would be bad.