“Depends what side of facility you stay..”

Courtyard Brunswick
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Just off I-95, the backside is quite noisy while the front is very nice. As noted, the difference is the staff...very accommodating/friendly. Check-in perfunctory but no issue. Sleep quality very good while the room we had was excellently appointed and well-maintained. The only issue I have as a long-time Marriott user is the absence of the heretofore complimentary coffee service in the lobby. Now replaced by Starbucks at $6.00 a pop for the mornings 2 coffees. truly take the previous attraction for me off staying at the Marriott chain. Nice place to stay, may stay again if I'm back in area..although for the money I suspect i can do better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Valued guest, thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay and recognize that what makes the difference is the Staff. The team works hard to deliver superior service and is rewarding to see it was the case. On regards about the lobby coffee, you are correct, since all the Courtyards now offer Staurbucks, the lobby coffee was being mostly wasted and since the in-room coffee is the same brand and quality, Corporate HQ decided to have it available only at the rooms like other hotel chains do as well. I completely understand that could be disappointing, so I will share your comments with my superiors. Once more, thank you for staying with us and we hope to have you again soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Nice location right off I-95 .Comfy bed and pillows. Staff extremely friendly when we check in.
Rooms was nice and clean.
I wish they would have coffee in lobby at all times included for travellers.
The lady at the Bistro was very nice and friendly .We had a room on the lower floor and was not noisy.
Will definitely stay again next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear guest, we appreciate such a great review. "Extremely friendly staff" remark is very strong and we take it humble and as motivation to continue being so. The best part is to know that you would stay again, because at the end of the day, our mission is to motivate our guest to come back and make us their preferred hotel. Again thank you!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Unfortunately, the Marriott brand does not have a property located on St. Simon's Island or on Jeckyll Island. Staying this far away from the two already had me cranky. But, the staff at the hotel made me feel welcome and soothed the crankyness. Monicke (front desk) and Jami (barista/bartender/cook/server) made my visit about me which is what I needed at the time, justifying the 30+ minute drive back and forth to Jeckyll to stay loyal to the brand.

Hats off to these top notch staff members.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Valued Guest, thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that we were able to deliver the superior service we strive for. As you said, we are one of the only two Marriotts in the Golden Isles area, but like you had experienced, guests still preferred us knowing that will have an excellent service. I will share your comments with the team, this is the best reward for the efforts. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Staff was very friendly. I-95 noise not bad and it was close to where I needed to be. Good restaurants nearby and the mall was nice.

The cleaning staff needs to pay much more attention to the cleanliness of the rooms. There was inch thick dust around the microwave. The fridge was dirty and the comforter had stains on it. Definitely not what I am accustomed to from a Marriott property.

Will stay somewhere else next time in Brunswick.

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor with rooms toward the front of parking lot.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LINDA O
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Guest, thank you staying with us. I am pleased to hear that Staff were friendly and we were conveniently located for your needs. On the other side, I appreciate you letting us know about the issues that need attention, we had met to review and address properly. Although we normally deliver superior service, there are times that we may need to correct and rest assure we will. I hope you can come back to see us again, I am sure you will be very pleased. Again, thank you for your feedback, have great day.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

First time at the Courtyard. We usually stay at the Fairfield.....thought we'd try something different in the Marriott family. As previously noted it is closer to the highway but we were not bothered by the noise. Traffic on 95 almost like "white noise" so it did not keep us awake. Nice hotel with very comfortable bed and pillows. Like the idea of the safe in the closet. Courtyard charges for their breakfast but we had the $5 coupon and it was okay. The "bistro menu" breakfast works....I had cereal, coffee and yogurt - my husband had eggs, toast, potatoes and coffee. After we checked in it was only a short hop to the Millhouse Steakhouse for dinner. Would stay again when in Brunswick.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank enclave17

Valued Guest, thank you for staying with us. We have found that like you, many other guests had made us their hotel of choice when travel to the area. We are very grateful for the loyalty and that our efforts to deliver superior service are allowing us to be a preferred hotel. We are glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our breakfast, as you experience it offers superior quality, being fresh to order. Again, thank you for your feedback and please come back to see us soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Pros: Accommodating Staff, Clean Hotel, Comfy Beds
Cons: Located right off the interstate so you can hear the traffic when the ac isn't running. AC is pretty loud (perhaps that's to drown out the traffic?). You can hear conversations from neighboring rooms pretty clearly. Other travelers apparently get up very early...doors started slamming at 5 a.m....so not much sleep last night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Danielle C
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Guest, I appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear that you had found our hotel clean with comfortable beds and our staff to be accommodating. Also, I am terribly sorry that other type of noise may had impacted your sleep. We work very hard to provide superior experience and we hate that something that we can't control will prevent you from fully enjoy your stay. On your next visit, please make us aware that you want a very quiet room, and we will accommodate your request and I am pretty sure your experience will be completely satisfying. Thank you for staying with us, please come back to see us.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Upon entering this hotel we were greeted by a nice young lady, Mercedes. She was extremely pleasant and extremely efficient considering the amount of guests needing to check in. This hotel was clean and the other staff were very friendly!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest, we are thrilled to hear our service is exactly how we work for, Excellent is what we strive for. I will share your comments with the team, specially with Mercedes. Thank you for your feedback as it is the best reward for our efforts. We hope to have again soon!