“Great Stay”

Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I along with some friends stayed 3 nights. We received great service and the staff was very friendly. The hotel was nice and clean. We will definitely stay again when traveling to the area. There was always staff at the front desk. The breakfast was great as well.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Hudson121
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for the great review and rating. We love to see that we deliver the superior service we work for. By staying for 3 days, I am sure that you had the chance to pay attention to many details and I am glad the team was on point. Thank you for staying with us and we certainly hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
north carolina
Reviewed 19 May 2014

we normally enjoy staying at the courtyard, but this one from the beginning was a challenge. first there is no signage for directions, the location is behind a service station and a bowling alley, check in was ok but not very friendly. the air conditioning in the rooms was not adequate, staff was not knowledgeable in area dinning possibilities or just was not interested in being helpful. probably will not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank crock28459
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. I regret to see that your stay was not up to the excellence we strive for. I can see how the directions could be challenge. Although we normally receive a lot of praise for friendliness and attentiveness, there are times when we may fail on our goal and service. I am very interested to know more details so I can make corrections and improve. Would love if you can call me at 912-265-2644 or email me at cy.bqkcy.gm@marriott.com. Thank you for staying with us.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I arrived for a one night stay on my way to Orlando. When I got to my room I discovered it backed up to 95 I could hear the traffic all night. The staff cleaned the room in a hurry leaving behind two towles left on the floor. When I went down to inform the front desk there was no one around. The room was nice and we'll kept. Overall I have had better experiences at other Courtyards.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rich w
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Valued Guest, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it as it allow us the opportunity to correct and improve. We take great pride in our services and although we strive to deliver the best experience, there are times when we fail. I see that it was the case with the housekeeper leaving towels in your room. We regret that we didn't meet our goal and disappoint you. I would love if I can get more details about this, can you please contact me at 912-265-2644 or andres.norena@marriott.com. Thank you for staying with us!
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Whether you are a tourist, business person, or just traveling through, Courtyard by Marriott Brunswick is a great hotel. Courtyard seems to be a quality brand wherever you are, but the Brunswick Courtyard excels with friendly, courteous, and helpful staff. It is not just southern hospitality because I have stayed at other hotels in the area. The secret must be training and leadership by the local management. Whatever the explanation, it was refreshing to be cared for and treated so well. I will definitely stay there again. In fact I look forward to it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ktaven
Dear Guest, we are pleased to see that you were very satisfied with your stay and that you will come back to stay with us. We take pride in our jobs and go over very intensive training to be up to the legendary Marriott satisfaction and as leaders of the hotel, we work to be the example of the team, so I am pleased to see you noticed the difference. Again, thank you for the nice review and hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Okay so I don't do these unless the hotel is either really terrible or really amazing... And Courtyard by Marriott in Brunswick, GA is really amazing! My fiancé travels A LOT for work and I sometimes go with him to reap the benefits. We have always been Hilton people, so much so that I went to work for the company! Upon making reservations at the one in Brunswick, we were told it was booked. So I googled the area and found Marriott. I've always seen it tucked away but never gave it a second thought. So in looking at reviews and pictures I was blown away! It looked like a resort! Bistro to boot! So I made reservations and the price was great... Which made me nervous. I've found anything that's too good to be true- is! So when I arrived I was extremely happy! The lobby was well, awesome!! And they had private booths where you could sit and enjoy you're breakfast with your OWN private t.v. How cool is that? I quickly checked out the pool area and was made even more happy! It was like a little oasis. Even had a covered area where you could eat and/or grill out. Plenty of the nice kind of lawn chairs.... Not the plastic ones like most hotels. A nice fitness room right next to a secluded but still very much on camera whirlpool...Unfortunately my fiancé just had knee surgery so we couldn't enjoy those things together. I however enjoyed them enough for the both of us! Now to the best part. When you stay somewhere for a week you start to notice employees attitudes. And this employees didn't disappoint. All of the (no exaggeration) employees were friendly and cheerful. I was surprised at how willing the housekeeping staff was willing to help with everything. And everyone, houseman included had a smile and greeted me at all times. And when I met the manager I realized why such a happy place. Andres Norena is the manager and I would see him when I would walk through the lobby and he ALWAYS had a smile on his face! Whether with guests or employees. And that makes a happy work environment. I know. When you like and respect your boss, your work reflects it. It doesn't hurt that he is easy on the eyes as well. But I am happily engaged and am going to stop there before I become single. Anyways, there are a few I would like to recognize in particular who made my stay especially fun and welcoming. Shan, Edna and Latasha were so helpful and friendly. They would stop why they were doing just to talk to me, which means a lot. They're busy ladies and they took a few moments out to make me feel at home. Another thing, the ladies were all well kept. It is a turn off to an establishment when employees are sloppy and slobs. Not here. Those ladies took pride in their uniform and job. Moving on, the rooms were well laid out, and I was surprised at how nice they were. I figured it was just another hotel room seeing that we spend a lot of time at them. I should've known by the looks of lobby that it was better than ordinary. The room was amazing. We ordered just a king standard. Nothing standard about it. Came complete with a neat couch and a cool movable desk. The bathroom was huge! And the bed comfy! As you can see by my ramblings, I fell in love with this place. Another part that I like is it's nestled away, which means it secluded. Which makes it even more like an oasis. So I hope this helps. I realize it is long and when I like something I can get carried away. However, I wanted to paint the picture so everyone could see it how I saw and experienced it. And I'm sure if it were you, you would be treated no differently. They like their job and they like their guests. It shows. I want to say thank you again to Andre, Shan, :), Edna and Latasha... Seeing you soon.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Dorian S
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Appreciated Guest, my team and I don't have enough words of gratitude for the kind and generous feedback. Our commitment and dedication is due to our passion to take care of our guest. Many times it is unnoticed, but there are times when we receive the best reward, which is the recognition from our guests for delivering that satisfaction we strive for. I share with the team and they were static to read such a nice review and hear how we accomplished our number one goal and how you described it with attention to the details. Many business travelers are becoming frequent guest at our hotel, and we are thrilled to have you both as our new regular guests. As you know, we will take care of you and truly look forward to have you again soon!
Sincerely, Andres Noreña (GM)
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Staff super nice! Easy on / off I 95. Modern Bar / Lobby. No free breakfast but reasonable options in Bistro area....also Huddle House walking distance. Grocery & Chinese carryout across street. Micro & Fridge in room :) Safe in room also.
Outdoor Pool HEATED !!! Very nice to enjoy open 6am - 10pm. Indoor Hot tub till 11pm.
Rooms Quiet, Bed Comfy , Comfortable set up.
Would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, thank you for your nice review. I appreciate what you mentioned, super nice staff is our top priority; like that you enjoy our quite, comfortable rooms; Bistro as you experienced has great options, fresh with high quality. But we love most, is that you would be happy to stay again, that is what we strive for, so we hope it is sometime soon! Again, thank you for your feedback.
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Just off I-95, the backside is quite noisy while the front is very nice. As noted, the difference is the staff...very accommodating/friendly. Check-in perfunctory but no issue. Sleep quality very good while the room we had was excellently appointed and well-maintained. The only issue I have as a long-time Marriott user is the absence of the heretofore complimentary coffee service in the lobby. Now replaced by Starbucks at $6.00 a pop for the mornings 2 coffees. truly take the previous attraction for me off staying at the Marriott chain. Nice place to stay, may stay again if I'm back in area..although for the money I suspect i can do better.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Valued guest, thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay and recognize that what makes the difference is the Staff. The team works hard to deliver superior service and is rewarding to see it was the case. On regards about the lobby coffee, you are correct, since all the Courtyards now offer Staurbucks, the lobby coffee was being mostly wasted and since the in-room coffee is the same brand and quality, Corporate HQ decided to have it available only at the rooms like other hotel chains do as well. I completely understand that could be disappointing, so I will share your comments with my superiors. Once more, thank you for staying with us and we hope to have you again soon.