“OK for a one night stop over.”

Courtyard Brunswick
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stay at Courtyards almost exclusively. Usually I'm traveling for business, but this time I had the family in tow.
I have to agree with other comments. This hotel is "ok" but is below the Marriott standards for Courtyard. Perhaps I'm being nitpicky, but I'm used to Courtyard standards. The rooms are fine and beds comfortable (as expected). During our stay, the pool area was filthy and showed some poor maintenance. The big board (TV) was loose and not functioning properly during our stay.
Check-in was slow. The clerk was more interested in sharing funny cellphone videos than checking me in. Did not make me feel valued and forgot to recgonize me as a Marriott Rewards member.
It's an ok hotel for a one-night stay.
Some great restaurants are nearby including a wonderful pizza place (Moondoggies).

Room Tip: hotel is close to I-95. I didn't have trouble with noise, but you may want to request a room on...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for your comments, we take great pride in the service we deliver and try to make it the best. At the same time, due to the friendliness of our staff, I know that some regular guests become close to our staff and show family pictures and videos. I understand this could be annoying when trying to check in, so it had been addressed with the staff along with your other comments. I would love if you contact me, so I can get more details and properly correct and improve. We hope to have you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My two sons and I stayed for two nights. Very pleasant staff. Clean room. I would stay here again and would recommend it to others. We did not try out the pool but the fitness center and the guest computers were great. We splurged on food from the bistro and were happy with the quality.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Jennifer, thank you for your nice review. I like how you mention the pleasant staff, clean room, bistro quality of food and other amenities and see that you were pleased with all of them. Thank you for recommending us to others as we count on giving the best service so more guests come to give us a try. Hope to have you again in the future! Andres Noreña.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife is very tough to please so for my wife to like a hotel, that really means a lot! She would not stay another night in the hotel we had previously booked, insisting that we stay elsewhere instead. To make her happy, we checked out of the other place and chose the Courtyard by Marriott instead. Smart move on my part! Best choice I made all day! She really loved the property and so did I. They treated us as if we were celebrities from the moment we checked in. The room was clean and comfortable. Overall, a wonderful stay. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JEFF_K_1963

Dear Guest, we appreciate your great and generous review! Everything we do is to deliver the legendary Marriott service and we are very happy to read that your experience was a memorable one!. Also, glad to hear that by staying with us, your wife was pleased, as a good husband myself, that is the goal to achieve all the time. We hope to have you again in the future. Thank you for staying with us! Andres Noreña.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

If you're passing through or in Brunswick, this is a good option. The rooms are the standard Courtyard, hotel staff was very nice, and the prices are reasonable. Get a room situated a little off the interstate to minimize the road noise.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank fabthunder

Dear guest, thank you for your nice review. I will share it with the staff and so they see how much our guests valued the friendliness and service they deliver every day. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three days. Me and my family came from up north to visit the beaches. The front desk clerk Monique was so helpful and made us feel at home. She gave us good suggestion on resturants and things to do. The hotel was very nice and clean. We even enjoy the pool area. We will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank metria17

Dear Guest, thank you for the great review. We love to hear that you will stay again as that is our main goal to motivate guests to keep coming back. I will share your comments with Monicke, she will be thrilled, having a guest recognition is our best reward. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The best thing about this property is the employees, especially Dorothy the Ops Manager and Sheila who was our house keeping maid. But to the property you can count on a slow single elevator which actually got stuck with people (my son) in it between floors. Also count on room keys not opening doors as easy (old door locks). Also count on AC's not working or freezing you out. Also, the towels are OLD. I mean worn out OLD. They had that dingy old rubbed in feel. You can also count on smelly water (sulfur), which is likely well water but they could put a filter system if they wanted to. So, if you like good service go there. If you like newer, more updated properties you prob should not stay here. Especially for 100+ dollars a night...

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Topdiamond
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback. We are happy to see that our staff was able to deliver the high service and satisfaction we are committed to provide. At the same time, we regret that some items had some issues, we wish that we can have full control over them, but please know that we addressed and corrected the issues. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed one night at the Courtyard and my stay was awesome! Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful.. Jamie checked me in she was amazing and so friendly. I had breakfast in there bistro the next morning before I left and Rose was was very helpful ( its nice to see someone who is genuinely glad to help you with a smile) Paul brought my food to me I had the most amazing French toast... I will definitely be staying here again. And I will recommend this hotel to my friends.. You have a great staff. The bed was so soft I slept like a rock..

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank jasmine t
Courtyard31525, General Manager at Courtyard Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest, we are thrilled that you had such a great experience! I am very blessed to have a great team and I love to hear when they deliver superior service. I will definitely share your comments with them, as it is the best reward we can receive. The reason why our hotel is successful is because we are able to provide above the normal experience, so guest return and recommend us to others. So, it is great to see that goal was delivered. Again, thank you for the great review, hope to see your soon!!
Andres Noreña