“Hidden Fees”

Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38)
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Hidden Fees”
Reviewed 22 June 2011

We requested a rate for a room saying that we wanted a room that included a rollaway bed.
Everything we signed had the rate quoted to us for our stay, except our final bill - which had an additional $20 fee for the rollaway. The manager would do nothing to resolve our complaint.

The crazy thing was - we had a cot in our car and could have pulled it out for $20!

This ruined our stay in hotel we have stayed at repeatedly - but never again!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, 23 June 2011
As we discussed while you were still on property, and again on the phone yesterday, I do apologize for any misunderstanding you had about the additional charge for the rollaway bed you requested for your room. We have many services and amenities here that are complimentary, however rollaway beds do carry a $20 charge, as stated on our web-site. Please verify "we have stayed here many times", as we can only find this is your second visit with us. Were you not charged for a rollaway bed on your first visit the week before? Please accept my regrets that you consider this a "hidden fee".

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Mom fell a few months ago and hurt her back and knee. We need a room with a step in shower and two beds. Finding the two beds has proven to be a challenge! Not so here. When I called, the lady who helped me was so understanding! She knew just what we needed and we were so pleased! The room was HUGE! There were two benches for suitcases, a microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot...all the usuals! The beds were incredibly comfortable. It was immaculate and very quiet. Each time we went by the desk, we were asked if everything was as we expected. This room exceeded our expectations! The shower worked out well for Mom...no stepping over the side of a tub. If I was going to change anything, it would be better lighting over the sink...but that would never stop me from staying here in the future!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, 19 June 2011
Yes! I remember talking with you! We're honored you chose our hotel and enjoyed sharing our hospitality with you. Our staff goes above and beyond to help guests feel like they're "home" when they visit us and your compliments are a great "atta-boy" for all of us. We appreciate that you took the time to let everyone know on TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit and wish safe travels for you & your family until you return! Thank you so much for sharing your experience, it does make a difference!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Well located, just off I-95, yet far enough away from the road to be reasonably peaceful. The welcome is friendly and efficient and the hotel modern and spacious (except the pool!). But for this location it does seem a bit pricey, especially as there seems to be over-capacity in the area and it shares its position with several other chain hotels. Still, I'm not complaining about the quality of sleep, and I got decent wifi reception on the fourth floor. Another plus: there's a laundry on the third floor and a business centre on the first.

Room Tip: Look for a deal
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, 9 May 2011
Thank you for the wonderful compliments about our service and amenities! While it is true there are many hotels surrounding us, our Holiday Inn is one of the new prototype designs, just opened in 2005 and is the only full service property in Brunswick with an award-winning restaurant located right in the hotel. If you are a frequent traveler to our area, please give me a call directly and I will be happy to negotiate a special rate just for you! Thanks again for your visit and your compliments! Jean Mullis, General Manager
Langhorne
Reviewed 4 February 2011

Very Clean hotel. Courtious staff. The restaurant is a hot spot! Having dinner on the weekend? Get in there EARLY! Or get room service. Great food - dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
South Carolina
Reviewed 12 January 2011

Six of us decided to visit a very sick friend in Brunswick Georgia the weekend of the 7th of January. I made reservations in advance for a room each. My friend in Brunswick had recommended the hotel for it's location and it has a restaurant and bar attached. I was contacted by the owner of the hotel that he wanted our names and was going to discount the hotel more than my AAA discount due to the nature of our visit. We are all Vietnam Veterans and our friend is dying from complications from Agent Orange exposure. The owner had heard why we were coming through a mutual friend of his and our buddy. It was a fantastic gesture which I told him was unneccessary but he did it anyway. Bruce Dixon, we thank you.

The hotel is nice and I would recommend it to anyone. To be honest, there are a couple things I would recommend to Mr. Dixon to make it 5 star down the line. The king size bed was nice but hurt my back. I have to admit I like the pillow tops at Hampton better.
The in room coffee I felt was undrinkable even when I went to the lobby for half and half. The coffee in the lobby was great. I think for the price, a continental breakfast should be offerred but I imagine you have an agreement with the restaurant not to do that. We only ate breakfast in the restaurant, but all seemed to enjoy it. Both days mine was fine. The grits were not instant and that's important to a Southerner. If you are looking for nightlife in Brunswick, the restaurant and bar seem to be hopping on the weekend.

All in all it was a great stay in a really nice place. The staff were very friendly, which is important to me, and helped us in every way. I thank all the staff and Mr. Dixon for making our trip fun and a success.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Fremont, CA
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I only stayed at this hotel becuase I needed to stay at a Holiday Inn for a Priority Club promotion. I would never pay $125 for this place otherwise. Sure, it's a nice hotel but not that nice. I did get upgraded to a suite for being Gold level which was nice.
Must give props to the photographer for making their dinky little unheated pool look good on the website. It might be OK for kids, but it's only about 20 x 15, if that.
Public areas of the hotel were uncomfortably cold. Ice/vending machines not located on every floor. Wireless internet worked fine on the 3rd floor for me. The bed and shower were both good.
Breakfast in the restaurant was decent although I found the portions to be on the small side.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
South Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 October 2010

I've stayed at this Holiday Inn many, many times during my work travel and always feel welcome and taken care of. The staff always makes me feel welcome, my room is always spotless, and the restaurant is one of the best I've experienced. For a while, it seemed Holiday Inns were going downhill, but this new one is the grand example of how it should have been all along. I would and do recommend it to everyone! Mimi Emerson

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business