“Nice clean hotel and friendly people”

Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38)
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Clean and comfortable. Has a great restaurant in the building so you don't have to walk or drive anywhere. Right off of I95 for easy access. The internet is spotty and you have to keep logging in but overall a really nice place to stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a nice review! We know you have many choices when it comes to hotels in this area, and hearing we delivered great services and amenities to you (that will cause you to choose us again!) really makes our day! Your lovely compliments will be shared with our staff today!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38)

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I just returned from a 2-night stay at this property. Once again, I seem to have bad luck with hotel desk clerks being glued to their telephones. Upon check-in, the desk clerk carried on a lengthy conversation while I just stood there. Eventually, she got off the telephone and processed my reservation. As I had requested, an upper floor room was waiting for me. It was well-appointed with every convenience, including an in-room microwave and well stocked coffee maker. For those without a laptop, this hotel has an operating business center so I was able to get on the internet from the PC in there. This hotel has a very good restaurant, which is reminiscent of the way Holiday Inns used to be before the 'express concept' took hold. Very convenient, especially the first night as I really didn't want to go back out to find a restaurant. They advertise room service available but I could never get any answer when I tried to call the extension from my room...just rang and rang. So I dined solo for dinner and breakfast. Very good quality of food.

On balance, I would recommend this hotel but caution not to expect the advertised room service feature. Parking is ample and it is right off I-95 and convenient to both nearby Georgia barrier islands.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Alan E
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for a very nice compliment about our hotel! We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered regarding room service - a new phone has been purchased and installed to replace the one that had quit working and we're good to go now. Please try us again, we're looking forward to having you as our guest!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Driving from Florida to New York this was an easy place to stop when we were both bleary eyed from driving. I made a reservation while in the car and the front desk was prepared for us. Being Priority Club platinum members I expected the usual goodie bag or upgrade. When none was offered I asked if there was a status perk available. She told be we didn't have any status and were just regular Priority Club members. I informed her that we were indeed Platinum and we then got upgraded to a suite and also were able to choice to have an extra 500 points on our account. Thank you for that! My only gripe with the hotel is that the television in the living room did not work. It said that no cable TV was available. The one in the bedroom worked just fine. I called the front desk but the maintenance main said it was a cable company issue and could not be fixed. Unfortunately my husband was already sleeping in the bedroom and I was stuck without TV to watch the world series. I was bummed.... My husband complained the next morning the bed was not very comfortable but I thought it was hard but okay. All in all I would probably stay again if we were passing through.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

I'd like to apologize that you did not have a fabulous experience while you were our guest! There seemed to be a misunderstanding about your loyalty member level - you may have just reached Platinum status and it had not updated in the corporate database just yet, but I am glad we could accommodate your request to be upgraded. I appreciate your relating the issue with one tv not working and the other one working - this does not make sense to me either, and I will be addressing this with our staff to prevent this from happening again in any of our rooms. Thank you again for your feedback - it is very important to us so we can only get better!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I was on my way for a week in Florida and stayed here for the night on the way down. I stayed here last year and fell in love with the place. I didn't have a reservation, so I was hoping a room was available, and it was at a reasonable price. Check in was great, this is a great property with clean rooms, an indoor pool, and an on-site restaurant/steakhouse with good food and good prices. There are other dining options in the immediate area if you choose, but I highly recommend the on-site restaurant. Checkout was easy and fast, and I had a great, relaxing stay on my way to Mouse-Land.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Hooray! A great compliment for our hotel and staff - thank you so much! I hope we always exceed your expectations and let you kow how special you are when you return to visit. We'll be right here for you! Until next time, we wish for you safe travels and happy memories!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Catching up on reviews been awhile since my stay.

Stayed at this hotel a few times during my multiple trips to the area. Convenient to the Interstate and other area restaurants and shopping. Check in was always fast and the front desk employees friendly. Rooms were spacious, beds comfortable with a selection of pillows. Having the restaurant onsite was nice.

Just a few things I recall that I did not care for. WiFi did not work very well. The bathroom door opened out from the bathroom making opening the front door while the bathroom door was open impossible. Soap dish on wall of tub at elbow/ funny bone level. The indoor pool was not heated and looked like it was originally intended to be outdoor. Mill House Restaurant wasn’t so great but not really the fault of the hotel.

I’ve seen several people comment that there was not a free breakfast. This is a Holiday Inn, not a Holiday Inn Express there is a difference. Also several mention it is outdated, this hotel is only about 7 or 8 years old. How often do you expect them to remodel?

If I traveled to the area this would still be a good choice. If the pool was heated and WiFi worked it would be even better.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GwinnettGuy
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you for your compliments and for bringing to my attention that you've experienced Wi-Fi difficulties. We have wireless access points all over the hotel and nultiple stations about every thrid of fourth room on upper floors, but from time to time I understand the cache gets full (I'm not so technical, but that's what the support folks tell me) and the a/p's need to be re-booted for maximim capabilities. ANYTIME you have internet issues here, please let us know, it could be we just need to re-set those access points to get you on your way! I really do appreciate your mentioning also about other features for other readers - our pool was always intended as indoor, but was extended from the lobby so we could put a retractable roof over the top for guests who wanted to enjoy the sun with is as well! Your comments are so appreciated - hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We called ahead to reserve a room for a late night check-in, knowing that we wouldn't be able to drive anymore that evening. The hotel was a happy oasis in the middle of nowhere, well-lit and appearing very safe. We got in too late to use the pool and the restaurant was closed. The room itself was exactly what I expected - very clean and nice. I was a little disappointed to find out that breakfast was not included, yet the room was over $100 a night, even with a AAA rate. We went to the attached restaurant the next morning and found that some people had vouchers for breakfast if they had paid a higher rate for their room. I found the breakfast prices to be very high and just ordered oatmeal. It arrived like a bowl of cold, hardening cement. I sent it back immediately and the server replaced it with a bowl that the Quakers wouldn't be too ashamed of. Although the hotel and our room were both very nice, the lack of a nice, free breakfast left me feeling as though I would probably not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suzannergy
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

I'd like to say thank you for the lovely compliments about our hotel, and am so sorry to hear you were disappointed with our restaurant. We do have rates that include free breakfast - a hot, cooked to your specifications, ordered from a full menu breakfast (you get a $20.00 voucher for that!). Since we are a full-service Holiday Inn, we are not allowed to offer the cold continental breakfast a lot of area hotels have, and are proud to have a local award winning restaurant right here on our property that offers an amazing Steak & Eggs platter for only $8.99 - which, incidentally, is the most expensive breakfast item on the menu. I hope you'll return and give us and our restaurant another try - I promise you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Located just off I-95 and is a welcome break for the traveller. This Holiday Inn has a great welcome for all it's visitors and you feel nothing. Is a problem for it's great staff.
The lobby leads to the indoor pool and chlorine can be a little noticeable but generally okay and seemed to be a high spot for other visitors as people in their swim suits are in plenty at all times of day and evening. The lobby is clean tidy and has restful chairs and a large screen TV.
The rooms are clean, spacious and welcoming.
The bathroom was clean and well designed.
Free WIFI was on offer but a little flakey.
There is a restaurant adjoined to the hotel, although not owned by the Holiday Inn. The restaurant was a disappointment, young staff with no attention to their guests, meals came back after a lengthy delay with the wrong meal returned so I'd give it a miss if you can.
The restaurant was the only downer on this stay as the hotel was very good.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Thank you very much for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and for the lovely compliments about our service and amenities! Although you are correct that our restaurant is a leased property, we are partners as hotel and restaurant and represent each other for service to our guests. I'd like to personally apologize for your dissatisfaction and I appreciate your being candid about your meal experience to make us aware of any problems there. I will address this immediately with the restaurant management to determine what steps we can take to make sure this does not happen again! Our goal is for ALL our guests to remember us as a wonderful to place to stay and a great place to eat. We wish for you happy travels until we see you again!