“Good room except for A/C not functioning properly” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38)

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38)
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good room except for A/C not functioning properly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

I was given a corner king suite, which was very large and had a separate sitting room. The room had issues with the air conditioning the entire stay. The hotel personnel tried to fix the a/c, but it would never control properly. I think the unit is too small for the room.

In addition, the final night at the hotel, the a/c in the elevator wasn't working and it smelled like a gym bag.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was kept clean. The only issues seemed to be at with A/C.

The restaurant attached to the hotel is very good and I highly recommend giving it a try!

Stayed Aug 17-21

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience on the Tripadvisor web-site - I am so sorry you had difficulties with the a/c in your room, but thank you for the other compliments you gave us regarding your stay. I'm glad to hear our maintenance guys were on top of it to help you be more comfortable. Please try us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We didn't arrive at the hotel until 2am in the morning on a road trip to Florida. The room was fairly large and I liked this hotel better than a Holiday Inn Express. It is attached to the Millhouse Steakhouse but we left in the morning before they were open. They didn't have any breakfast but there are plenty of options nearby. The bed was comfortable and I liked the room.
The elevator was a little slow and not air conditioned which surprised me. There is a small pool that has a covering. It was full of children. I usually stay in Hilton's but I actually liked this hotel better than the Hilton we stayed at on this trip. The hotel was clean and the staff were helpful.

Room Tip: I would choose a room on the backside of the hotel not facing I-95. The walls were a little thin an...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for your very nice compliments - it makes us feel validated when our guests let us know they enjoyed a visit with us. Please come back again!
Venice, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

There are many places to stay up and down Route 95 while traveling and needing a one-night stay. This was our last hotel after having traveled 7,000 miles - and staying in 25+ hotels.

This Holiday Inn was clean and easy to find. The attached restaurant was excellent. The reasoning behind the AVERAGE rating was because for the price ($137.64 on Expedia): 1. We would have expected a COMPLIMENTARY breakfast (instead we spent an additional $27.00) and 2. HAIR CONDITIONER. Both of these were offered in EVERY lodging in which we had stayed for the previous 7 weeks. I did ask the clerk at the desk for hair conditioner, and he said they do not stock it. Really? A Holiday Inn with no hair conditioner?

With so many locations to stay, and our love of traveling and visiting the sons north of Florida, next time we'll try a competitor.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank janconover
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Unfortunately, we cannot adjust your rate or offer you any discounts when you book with third party intermediaries like Expedia. We recommend to all travelers to contact the hotel directly to find our about specials, discounts, etc. that Expedia (or the other ones) cannot give you. We could've given you a rate that included a full order-from-the-menu breakfast for both of you, with free breakfast for all kids under age 12, for less than the price you were given by them. I hope you'll consider staying with us again.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

What made this hotel exceptional is the staff. I wish I could remember the lady's name who checked us in, because she was the most friendly, accomodating person I have ever come across. She was helpful with dinner suggestions, courtious, and most of all so friendly. This hotel was clean, customer service was exceptional. We did not get a chance to try the breakfast because we left before they opened. I would highly recommend this place and the only "bad" thing I would mention is the restaurant that is attached to the the hotel, the "Millhouse", as the food was ok, the service was horrible. Cranky, unattentive wait staff, complete opposite experience from the hotel. There is a connecting door from the hotel to the Millhouse restaurant, so we went through the door, along with another couple and waited to be seated. No one acknowledged us, no one even said hello, in fact I even heard the wait staff laughing because we did not realize that their "hosting station" I guess you'd call it, was all the way at the other end of the restuarant. So they were basically making fun of us because we were standing around like dopes waiting to be seated. If we were not so tired from our long trip, and unsure of what other restaurants were in the area, we would have gotten up and left. Please do not make this rude restaurant deter you from staying at the hotel, one should NOT be attached to the other. Makes you think they are somehow affiliated with the Holiday Inn. Well, at least I hope they aren't, they should bar off the attaching door, so they are not affilaited to this restaurant.
You will not be disappointed, excellent choice of hotel! Great job staff!!!

Room Tip: Do not go to the Millhouse restaurant, very rude staff!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary V
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, 30 July 2014
While I certainly appreciate the huge round of applause you gave our front desk agent and other hotel staff, I cannot apologize enough for your experience in the Millhouse Steakhouse. Please trust that this is not the way we want our guests to be welcomed when dining in the attached restaurant. I have forwarded your review to the restaurant management and know he will appreciate the opportunity to share some customer service training with those who disappointed you. Please come back and visit with us again!
Orange County, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

If in need of a convenient hotel to sleep a few hours, wash up, and move on, this hotel is fine. I wouldn't consider it for a vacation destination, however. Staff was friendly. Lobby was bright with plenty of seating areas. A few areas could be improved: Numerous guests, including me, had to return to the front desk due to faulty keys. Alarmingly, my key then worked to open another guest's room. Elevator is super slow. Room appeared reasonably clean, though the bathroom shower seemed to have been overlooked by housekeeping staff a few times. Overall, it was not as nice as other Holiday Inns I've stayed at, but it did serve its purpose.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Omed6304
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for the nice compliment about our staff - clearly you experienced issues in some areas we need to address immediately, and I so wish you had expressed your concerns while you were still with us so we could've improved any of these while you were a guest here. We depend on feedback like this to know where weak spots are in our guests' comfort, which rooms, which amenities, etc., and we appreciate your letting us know. Please come back and see our "progress" as we begin a major renovation shortly all over the hotel!
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

My guests and I stayed here for 3 nights and everything was wonderful. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were clean. I would recommend this hotel, and I would stay here again. Thank you for everything!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Wow - and you gave us perfect score, what an honor! We appreciate all feedback as it helps us know if what we're doing is working for the comfort of our guests or not, and also when trends change so we can change accordingly. Please come visit us again, we promise to take good care of you while you're here!
Macon, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was a very clean and friendly hotel. Room was in great shape and I really like the move that hotels are making to showers in the rooms instead of tubs. I really don't know of anyone that takes a bath at a hotel. My bed was very comfortable. The pillows were way too fluffy and thick for my liking but pillows are very unique for individuals. I'd recommend that they try what I found at a Courtyard I stayed at. There were four pillows on the king bed. Make two pillows fluffy and two pillows firm. You'll please a lot more people by offering the choice. I didn't eat in the restaurant but I've read it's good. The menu in the room looked very diverse. It's much more than a steakhouse. I'd recommend the hotel. I'll just bring my own pillow next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your great compliments! We actually do offer what you asked for - on every king size bed, there are four king pillows, two soft and two firm (it's embroidered on the open end of the pillowcase so you can tell!) and on every queen size bed, there are four queen pillows, soft and firm also. We also have soft and firm feather pillows and a curved neck pillow available upon request! Please let us know when you visit if any of our "other" pillows will be more comfortable for you and we'll fix you right up!