“Stopped the the Night . . .”

Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38)
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 14 June 2009

My family and I stayed in this hotel for one night on our way back home from a Florida vacation. I choose this hotel from reviews on this site. Our check in was uneventful. The agent seems a bit tired and not real friendly, but we got through the process. This hotel seems very new, with a clean and attractive lobby. It has an attached restaurant called the Millhouse which serves all day long. It is mainly a steak house. The pool, located off the lobby is small for a hotel this size and was NOT heated, but was covered to avoid the heat from the afternoon sun. There is also a weight room off the pool which offers a few newer machines. I also used the business center located off the lobby, since WiFi was not available. Our room was large and very clean and modern, although I was surprised there were NOT flat screen TV's in the rooms. We had a king bedded room with a walk in shower and no tub, which was fine with us. In the morning we had breakfast in the Millhouse restaurant, which was reasonable in price. Our grandkids ate for free, up to 12 years old. The food was typical breakfast, prepared well and in good time. We usually stay in hotels with a complimentary breakfast, but in this case we got a good rate at this Holiday Inn which made the breakfast a non issue. We would stay here again if our travels take us to this area. We found this hotel very close to St Simon and Jeykell Islands and found downtown Brunwick quite nice as well.

2  Thank Dave L

Reviewed 23 April 2009

I had the disfortune of becoming severely ill with food poisoning or a stomach bug during our drive from Florida back to the Northeast and we were forced to stop off unexpectedly in Brunswick, Georgia. There were several hotels to choose from and we honestly chose this one because it looked nice from the outside and just so happened to be across the street from an urgent care center. We weren't sure what to expect since the Holiday Inn name had gone somewhat downscale in our opinions over time, but we had been seeing lots of nice new ones that had sprung up on the roadsides during our road trip down 95. We didn't know Holiday Inn was making a comeback but we were interested to check it out. Our original plans had us stopping at a Holiday Inn in NC that evening and we were looking forward to it, the hotel sounded brand new and quite nice so we were hoping for the same here.

Check in was fine and the front desk agent, I want to say her name was Kandice?, was an absolute pleasure. My wife handled everything since I was in the car still being sick but I did go in shortly after just because it was hot out there, and we agreed the check-in person was very accommodating and sympathetic to our situation. We were given a room and I immediately went to bed. I did spend some time in the bathroom due to being ill, and from my unfortunate vantage point close to the toilet and floor, I was quite displeased with the cleanliness of the bathroom floor - there were lots of hairs everywhere that certainly were not ours. Usually this would be unacceptable for me but I just needed a place to be sick and sleep it off so we could get home the next day. Besides the bathroom, the room itself was fine, nice fridge and microwave, extremely comfortable beds with clean, new linens, etc. We both were very impressed with the bed and linens and commented several days after that we missed the Holiday Inn bed when compared to our actual home bed, haha.

The building itself seemed pretty new, and was nicely appointed. Parking was fine and it was set back from the main road. My wife said there were basic stores nearby - Target, Walgreens, Walmart, and I presume some restaurants. All in all, definitely a decent place to stay, my only negative comment was that the bathroom floor, sink, and tub had certain "hairs" in them - maybe they were from the cleaning person but I highly doubt it. This would be the only thing that would make me rethink staying there again, otherwise, it was a fine experience. The staff was all exceedingly polite and we appreciated their true Southern charm.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drc1017
Reviewed 13 February 2009

After reading the good reviews, we decided to stay at this Holiday Inn, even though it was not near the ocean. What a GREAT decision. The hotel is really a first class property. The building itself is very well maintained and extremely well made. We did not hear a peep from other guests through the walls. The staff is very nice and will bend over backwards to satisfy your every need. The Millhouse is a very nice steakhouse adjoining the hotel where we had a great dinner. In the very large lobby, there is a concierge desk and a coffee station.The room was very large and the beds comfortable. The A/C was very good and quiet. There is wireless internet available in the lobby and first floor, and wired internet on the other floors. The speed of our connection seemed quite slow, maybe due to high usage as the hotel was almost full. It was a really nice experience and we definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FarAndWide_Traveller
Reviewed 24 October 2008

Stayed here for one night using my reward points. I found the hotel beautiful and everything new. I liked the hotel very much but Holiday Inn's do not offer everything Holiday Inn Express does. There was no free breakfast nor free coffee or tea like at most hotels. This was the only thing I did not care for about this hotel. The place was almost like brand new .We tried to eat breakfast in the hotel restaurant the next morning but they were having staffing problems and were not yet opened for the day when we left. There was however a great Denny's down the street !! I would stay at this hotel again if traveling thru Brunswick.

• Stayed: October 2008
3  Thank grayt63
Reviewed 21 July 2008

The hotel was wonderful.....but the beds weren't that comfortable.
But over all it was a very nice hotel and the person were nice.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank mpurvis94
Reviewed 21 July 2008

We stayed at this hotel for one night while attending a wedding. It is modern and new-looking. Everything in the room and common areas was spotlessly clean. Our room had both a mini fridge and a microwave which was convenient. The beds were very comfortable and the bedding is high quality.

We did swim in the pool, but be aware before you go, it is indoor and not heated. Being July, we were glad that it wasn't heated but if you go in winter months you won't want to swim probably. Also the pool is quite small but we were the only ones swimming in it at the time even though the hotel was fairly full.

The only problem was at night trying to go to sleep, there was quite a lot of noise from other rooms, I think because the hotel was nearly full. The doors are very loud when they close, so you can hear them closing all over the hotel. I don't normally have trouble going to sleep with background noise and I stay in hotels frequently so I don't think it was just me. But you have to expect that kind of thing when a hotel is pretty full, so I am not deducting points for that.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We had a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank HappyTraveler4848
Reviewed 24 June 2008

This is my favorite business stop in Brunswick. What first attracted me was a most basic need -- in room wired LAN. Most of the hotels in this area use pitiful wireless. You know a geek when you see one!

Anyway, I've stayed here for over 50 nights a year two years in a row and I've seen it in all stages. This is a very busy hotel that stays full almost every night. I usually book a week in advance.

The manager, Jean, has an eagle eye for detail. For this reason, all the common areas sparkle. For instance, someone wrote on a sign in the laudryroom. I noticed it there, but didn't say anything. Imagine my suprise one stay to find the sign was replaced!

The large volume of traffic does cause an occasional issue with the room. Mostly its a poor cleanup due to rushing. Being so close to the beach a lot of the Priority Club members take advantage of the late stay.

The Millhouse restaurant serves a good breakfast and a very good dinner. Room service is quick.

As for the staff, I'm called by name even by the maids.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business