“one night stand”

Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Brunswick, Georgia
“one night stand”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The room is sufficient, but the over all , from the toilet paper to the fixtures are cheap and noisey, the breakfast was not up to par say as a Days Inn, this is a two story motel, but there is no elevator so if you are semi impaired you will not be able to climb the 17 ships ladder type stairs to access the second floor. the drapes do not fit the windows so the 1000 watt parking lot lights provide sufficient light to allow you to read all night if you wish.

Room Tip: bring tape so you can tape the drapes to the wall to darken the room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Tom D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Plover, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We found this hotel to be great value for the price we paid. Rooms were clean and acceptable. (we had a first floor room) Their was a stuffy smell in the hallway. Later, around dinner time our room began to smell like vomit. My husband said it was the smell of Indian food. Not sure if that was the case but it went away after an hour. We enjoyed their breakfast. Backside of hotel is next to a place where many trucks are coming and going but it didn't bother us much.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were happily surprised to find this clean, well-maintained hotel, near I-95. We were visiting other coastal historical and recreational destinations nearby. Front desk staff was most polite and gracious in processing our reservation. Larger HD television in room. Bed was very comfortable. Everything was in good working order. Breakfast room area is small but clean and efficiently managed. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Haresh P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We are the 2014 "Gold Award" winner property for "Choice Hotels". We try very hard to maintain our standards. We welcome your suggestions to improve our services.
We will look forward to seeing you in near future.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Traveling on a busy spring break weekend, pretty much everything was already booked, so we settled on this motel. Seeing the huge disparity in the Trip Advisor ratings ahead of time, I figured that either someone associated with the establishment was ghost writing glowing reviews or the owner had competition that was trying to make him look bad. I chose to believe the latter, but was disappointed to find that I probably guessed incorrectly.

The motel is fairly old and reflects that in its décor despite fresh coats of paint and some updated furniture here and there. The comforters and blankets (made of a weird foam-like, thin padding) look like something salvaged from a previously closed hotel. The two Queen bed room came with a total of four anemic looking pillows. But the worst part of the stay was the mattresses which were obviously very old; I had to sleep on the very edge of the bed and prop myself up with my pillow to keep from rolling into the sagging center opposite my wife. Not a good night’s sleep!

Checking in pretty late, we went straight to bed. In the morning with the lights fully on, I noticed that a piece of the glass pane used to redirect the window air conditioner flow was broken off, leaving a dangerously sharp point (like a dagger) that could really do some damage if accidently bumped. Thank goodness my small children didn’t get near there before I discovered it! There was also a red stain in the carpet next to the refrigerator.

Finally, the continental breakfast was a joke, as there was hardly any food laid out for consumption. There were three bananas in a bowl, three mini blueberry muffins in the bread bin, a little bit of scrambled egg (nothing in the meat bin to go with it) and some cereal. I might be missing a few things but you get the picture. Basically, if everybody in your family of four wanted something, you would most likely have to ask the man behind the check in desk to please get more. It wasn’t exactly the generous offering that I saw described in one of the previous write ups; we ended up eating breakfast on the road…

The owner will probably state that I have the wrong motel because he is a 2013 award winner, but I assure you that the address is 1701 Palisades Dr. in Brunswick. In my opinion, if the owner truly cared about the customer as stated in his rebuttals, he would replace those old mattresses at a minimum. If you are looking for a solid night’s sleep and a fair continental breakfast, you should probably keep on driving...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank JEELOC
Haresh P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for bringing to our attention the problems you encountered during your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry to learn about your problems. We try very hard to keep our property in
excellent condition for our guests. We already have taken care of the A/C vent deflector, have had all the carpets cleaned (professionally), and replaced the blanket.
My sincere apology for the problems you encountered. I will offer a very special rate for your next stay at our facility.
Heber Springs
Reviewed 15 March 2014

One has to be careful when selecting an average Econo Lodge because, well, they're usually average at best. Not this Econo Lodge though. I am a Choice Hotels Diamond member and average about 100 nights a year in hotels around the country, and I can say in all honesty this is probably the nicest Econo Lodge I have ever stayed in. Before booking I researched this property on TripAdvisor and saw a couple of reviews slamming the place so I was a bit wary. I truly believe those reviewers have this property confused with another because there is no way they were talking about this place. It is very well kept, the grounds are clean, the property overall is well-maintained and the furnishings are modern and tasteful (flat screen tv, refrigerator, microwave, chair w/ottoman). The wireless internet is fast and reliable. It is far enough away from the highway that I did not hear vehicles throughout the night. Another thing that I really like about this property is that the digital AC/fan ran constantly rather than kicking off and on all night. Many travelers know exactly what I'm talking about. I tend to sleep late so I can't comment on the breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Haresh P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for taking time out of busy schedule to write a review about our property. We greatly appreciate our guest feedback. This helps us improve in area that needs improvements. Again, thank you for your comments and we'll look forward to serve you in near future.
Charlotte
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The Econo Lodge (I-95 exit 29) has got to be the best place to stay in Brunswick, Ga. If you are looking for convenience this is the place for you!!! Located in the middle of the waffle house, two 24-hour travel centers, dennys, dunkin donuts, Chesters, dollar general, a very nice steak house and a strip mall which includes a grocery store and even more restaurants. No matter what time you come in pizza is NOT the only thing on the menu here, and being in such a convenient location there's no worries if you forgot something. Rooms are great here the floorplan makes you feel at home, they have flat panel tv's with ALL the channels you can imagine. The beds are very comfortable and clean, rooms are fresh, bath rooms are very clean especially the tubs. Room service always has a positive attitude and very respectful! The laundry facilities are great and actually work. Look no further this place is great! To the truckers there's VERY LARGE flat, paved parking in the back with lights.Stay here the management is very respectful and easy to get along with......check in is very easy, but you will not won't to check out.-Brandon

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Brandon7377
Thank you for taking time to write a review. We appreciate our guest feedback. This helps us to improve where improvements are needed. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We will look forward to see you in a very near future. Please let your friends and family know about our property.
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel 2 times, one on my way down to Florida and also on my way back home from Florida. Check-in was easy and trouble free. The rooms were clean and neat. I didn't have breakfast there so I cannot comment on that. Rooms had new flat screen TV's in them with more channels them you ever need to look at. I will stay here again in the future when in the area. Only thing I feel needs to be taken care of is they need to replace the showerheads they are so high and the spray is wide the water spray goes around you rather then on you. However this is minor.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ron O
Haresh P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words. We work very hard to maintain our good standards and reputation. It's the guest like you who makes our jobs much satisfying. Please keep us in mind whenever you are in the Brunswick area.