“Satisfactory overnight stay for the price”

Stay Express Inn & Suites Brunswick GA
Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Brunswick
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Where do I start. Me and my wife made a reservation for this past weekend over the phone. When we arrived I grabbed my key and headed to our room with my wife, mother and 2 year old son. Before I could even get out of my vehicle I had 3 im assuming prostitutes that were I believe permanent residents in this hotel trying to solicit me for sex and then asked if I wanted to buy any crack. I just kept walking to my room. I got there and it was supposed to be a non smoking room and as soon as you open the door there was an overwhelming smell of mold and cigarettes. The sheets and pillows were dirty the bathroom was dirty and there was even grab in the toilet still. The carpet was ripped up there was water damage all the way down the wall and base board. And cigarette burns everywhere. I proceeded back to the hotel and because of the conditions of the room and the locals prostituting and selling drugs I didnt feel safe for myself let alone my family. I cancled my reservations because of all these conditions. I was then told that I would not be charged. I went and got a room at the Ramada across the street. Looked at my bank account and saw not only did the hotel charge me but they charged me 3 separate times. They charged me for my room for 2 nights $101a no show charge of $86 and cancellation less than 24 hours $ 56. I went back to the hotel extremely mad. The clerk had all her friends hanging in the lobby while the worked. And we got the manager in who came in in her perjamas. And said she would fix it. I called my bank and they need a code to remove the pending charges. Seaside she would get it. I have yet to hear back. So I went back to the hotel to try and reach the manager and another clerk who had her daughter behind the counter at the computer. Completely unprofessional. She got whole of the manager and she said she would call me. She has yet to reach me. So now im out $250. Not alot of money but still enough to make me upset while im supposed to be on a little vacation. I will not be contacting the Howard Johnson, and wyndam hotel chai s informing them. Also the BBB. And if the manager doesnt call me before the money gets taken out. I will be filing fraud charges against this establishment. If I could this hotel would have negative stars. I absolutely do not recommend this hotel to anyone. Its disgusting its poorly kept. And you'll probably end up sick if you stay over night here. So please learn from me stay somwhere else!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank bored89
Stuart,FL
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My parents and I had separate rooms. My parents room smelled like cats lived there. Their tub didn't drain and the toilet seat looked like it was from a junkyard. My room had no lights in the bathroom and the tv wouldn't work. I'll never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014

Travellers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Too bad we didn't book this hotel to begin with. We had a bad experience at another hotel in the Brunswick, Georgia area, so bad that we couldn't stay another night. So we checked out of that hotel and came to this Howard Johnson hotel and it turned out to be a very smart move. The hotel was clean and comfortable and we were greeted by a very friendly and courteous staff. Very nice room, very comfortable beds, emmaculately clean. The entire staff of this hotel is to be commended for a wonderful stay, and the next time we're in this area, we'll be back! In fact, my partner is attending a wedding in nearby Sea Island, and I want him to stop on the way and see for himself what a fine property this is so HE can stay here, too, the next time he is in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Bambi H, General Manager at Stay Express Inn & Suites Brunswick GA, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again next time you Travel through the Brunswick area.