“Bad Choice”

Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Atlanta, Georgia
“Bad Choice”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

The hotel looks nice from the outside but don't be fooled. The hallways smell like really old carpet and "musty water". The room (2nd flr) smelled the same. The carpet seemed wet and there was evidence of mold across the top of the wall near the ceiling trim that had been painted over but was growing back. I went downstairs to request another room and was given another on the 2nd flr and one on the 5th floor. Same smell in the hallways and in the rooms. In the 3rd room (5th flr) the wall and the ceiling seemed to have separated a bit in the corner which created a crack big enough to stick a small wallet through. Pets are allowed and there were about 6 of them in the swimming pool which may have contributed to the horrible smell in the hallways. The staff was apologetic and tried really hard to be helpful and offer other rooms but after seeing 3 of them and no real difference, it wasn't enough to make us stay. I had 4 rooms booked here for me and my colleagues and I canceled all of them and went to another hotel. We won't even consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Please check the room before taking your luggage out of the car.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank yaadee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Muncie, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

We were stopping over night for a quick shower, sleep and warm breakfast. It met our need and the staff was very friendly. Had an issue with the fridge not being cold and maintenance took care of issue with a smile even though the microwave was attached to top which I guess was done by previous owners. I was told that things were getting better while they are going thru an owner change. For the good I was told. I would revisit this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank fishhead101
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

Wonderful CLEAN hotel staffed by lovely people. At Breakfast I was joined by the room cleaner who entertained me with stories of the area. Couldn't have been nicer! Only drawback was slow-speed Internet.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank janetoco
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

I was just stopping off here for a night and wasn't expecting to much. I was very pleased with the man at the front desk. Very nice and worked with me on a great price. Brunswick, GA smells....it smells weird, and unfortunately so do the hotels but I won't hold it against them. The tap water was gross too but I usually don't care to much as I bring bottled. The room cleanliness wasn't great but it wasn't horrible. I've stayed in horrible....The bed was not the most comfortable but the sheets were clean. There were lots of channels on the tv too. There was a wedding going on and I was really worried about the noise but I couldn't hear a thing and slept very well....coming from a VERY light sleeper. My only real problem was the internet. There is wifi but it is pointless as it was the slowest wifi I have ever used and super frustrating. Everything else was smooth. Good for a night stop. Did I mention Brunswick smells funny?

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank annageez
Clearfield, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2011

What a wonderful hotel! This place was clean and quiet - and located right next to two restaurants for dinner in the evening. Most of the guests were seniors, so there were no loud noises to keep us awake at night. I needed an extra towel, asked for it, and got it with no problems. Great hot breakfast in the morning. This worked for me!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HappyOldOne
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

We recently stayed on a trip to Florida for a quick overnight stop. We got in late, about 2AM. Reserved a room on 2nd floor at one price and when we checked in, they gave us a 1st floor and charged $10 more. Didn't ask. Room was run down, and sheets were stained. We were all awakened at 7AM with my 10 year old screaming because when he rolled over to look at the clock on the night stand there was a cockroach staring back at him. Bathroom didn't look like it had been cleaned since the last guest. Went to use the toilet, and it overflowed all over the floor. Needless to say, we gathered up our things, checked for bugs, and quickly checked out and got back on the road. New paint can hide a lot, but it can't hide dirt and bugs. I guess you get what you pay for, and even a little more.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

charlotte
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean. The free breakfast was also very good, and the shower was hot. The location was perfect. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family