“Dirty. Don't stay here. There are lot's of options in the area.”

Rodeway Inn I-95 North
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I was really let down by Hotwire on this one. I use Hotwire often to get a good deal on a room. I have found that they offer good deals on 4 star hotels, but not such good deals on lower star rated hotels.

This hotel is rated a 2 Star by all travel sites. On Hotwire it was a 2.5 star....wonder why the upgrade? The hotel in my opinion is a 1 to 1.5 star hotel at best.

The hotel looks decent from the outside. My first clue that this was not going to be a good experience was when I was greeted by a hotel clerk with multiple piercings and wearing a sweatshirt instead of a uniform. She was very pleasant and as helpful as she could be. Once I found out how dirty and disgusting our room was she tried to move us but could not. Not that I had much hope that other rooms were any better.

Our room was on the 3rd floor. When we excited the elevator we were greeted by unconditioned hallways. An area that looked to have at one time housed ice and vending machines was empty. All that remained was the dirty carpet. The entire hallway was very dirty. Our room was near the end of the hall.

We were hopeful the room was in better condition then the hall, no such luck.

The room (see pictures) was not only dirty but not kept up. The lock was broken, the light had been busted, the furnishings abused. The TV outdated and we did not want to touch the remote. The carpet was so dirty that we did not take our shoes off until we were in bed. There was hair both head and pubic hair (YUCK!!!) in the bed. The sheets were stained and I had to wonder if they had been changed between visitors. We slept with our clothes on and used our own pillows. The bathroom had been updated at some point but it was still dirty. The mattress had seen better days too. We were on a road trip from Florida to DC. We arrived late...we could not sleep as the room was so dirty that we wondered if we were going to get eaten alive by Bedbugs....we left at the crack of dawn after a fitful and light sleep. Due to the condition of the hotel we skipped the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank runningtravel2010

Reviewed 28 March 2012

We arrived about 10:45 in the morning. We'd reserved 3 rooms a few days prior. We asked about early check-in. The manager, Steve, said yes. Note....we were expecting them to say no. We were prepared to do a little shopping visit St. Simons Island, but they said yes.

We checked in, put our belongings in the rooms, turned the air on and left to grab a bite. We arrive back at the hotel 2 hours later ready for a nap. 2 of the rooms were HOT. Seriously, we were sweating. We asked them to take a look at the air unit. The "maintenance man" came in the room, turned the air off and on THREE times and said "It works fine to me" Ok, we know it comes on but it blows warm air. We called the manager and told him. He said his maintenance guy says it's fine.

We literally begged him to come check it out for himself. He told us, "if you guys would stop opening the doors so much maybe the room would cool down". Sir....we were gone for 2 hours, that's MORE than enough for a hotel room to cool down. Then he said, "Well you guys just had to have early check-in. If you'd waited until out normal check-in time you would've gotten more appropriate rooms" Ohhhhhhhhh....so the rooms we are in NOW are not appropriate. We see. I told him I don't care about check-in time...I want a room with AC.

So, he offered us a refund. We were like ok. As I was walking out to check out the Ramada that's located behind them, he said he has 2 rooms that we could switch to. We checked out the rooms and decided to take them.

Next morning, I go to look out the window and I hear something crunch under my feet. Dead cockroach. He'd been dead for a while too. He was in 4 different pieces. I'm glad I had on shoes. If I were barefoot, it would've been a huge mess. HUGE!

I'm attaching pictures of the dead roach and dried food on the floor.

The beds, however, were very comfy.

Stay at your own risk. Don't say you weren't warned. :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Lady P
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Nope! What a find. We pulled off the road and visited a few motels: plain, expensive, dull, no energy in the staff, no feeling of welcome no presentation in the front office

Room Tip: Seriously, the room was fabulous with a separate walled-off area for TV (big flat screen) or book re...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alexthen
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Travelling down to Florida on the Spring Break, I got there just in time to get the last available room - some people had reserved a room on the way which would be useful if you knew where you wanted to finish for the day. Very helpful lady on reception and my room was excellent, although pricier than I usually look for. However, I was very comfortable and lacked nothing. The bed was probably the most comfortable I have experienced in a long time.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My family decided to make a quick trip from WV to Florida for my daughter's 16th birthday. We were going to meet family at Daytona on Sat. March 17th at 1:00. We were going to leave in the afternoon of March 16th. I knew I needed to make a reservation somewhere in the Brunswick area in order to get up Sat. morning and make the 1:00 meeting in Daytona. I decided on the Comfort Inn I-95 in Brunswick. I called the hotel direct and made the reservation and told them it would be very late when we checked in and proceeded to guarantee the room with my credit card. I have 3 kids and we were very tired of driving but pressed on until we arrived at the hotel in Brunswick about 3:45 AM. We got the kids and the luggage out of the car and went in and was met by the clerk at the door. He said Im sorry we are booked up. I said, well we have a reservation and he said all of our reservations have already checked in. I told him I had a confirmation number and had guaranteed the room with a credit card. He said that may be... but we still don't have any rooms. He said in fact this has happened about 20 times tonight. I said you are telling me that this hotel over booked by 20 rooms with people who guaranteed them with credit cards? He said yep. This was the beginning of a very ugly situation. It was now 4:00 in the morning and I had just driven 13 hours with a wife and 3 kids who were very tired and wanting to go to bed and I was just told that the reservation that I had made and guaranteed with my credit card was useless. How does this happen? The clerk was very un-sympathic and acted like it happens all the time. Why does Comfort Inn over book rooms that are guaranteed with credit cards when they know these people are going to show up. What kind of Customer Service is this. This really put us in a bind. We called 20 other hotels in the area and they all were booked up due to the Spring Break travelers. So the bottom line was.........we were just out of luck and believe me, no one there cared. Please don't make reservations at this hotel because apparantly it really isn't a reservation at all.

Tom

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank TomMiltonWV
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We were lured in by the cheap price but that was a mistake. You get what you pay for. The welcome mat at the front door should have been a warning, it looked like it had been in an auto repair shop and was filthy and stained with grease. The experience at the front desk also reminded me of an auto repair shop.

The hotel allows smoking in some (apparently many) of the rooms. The entire hotel reeks of stale tobacco smoke. Even the fourth floor where we stayed where all the rooms have no smoking signs on the doors has a stale tobacco smell. I was awakened at 4 a.m. by an infusion of cigarette smoke from an unknown source and could not sleep after that so we got up and left early.

All that said from this non-smoker's perspective, our room itself was fairly clean if a little warn. It had a refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom had been remodeled and was nice with a new granite bath surround. If the room could be moved to another (non-smoking) hotel with a clean lobby I would have had no complaint.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 13 March 2012

The staff was really nice, friendly, and very accommodating. The rooms we nice and clean, slept like a baby. Location was good also I am not from this area but everything you need is right in the area and Walmart and other shopping centers are one exit up. I can't say enough good things about this hotel I have stayed once before for business and I will surly stay again!!

Room Tip: Its a smoke free Hotel and I would not have it any other way but I am a smoker so I would say if you...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business