“Great staff!”

Comfort Inn I-95 North
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
“Great staff!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My family and I stayed here for Labor Day weekend. All of the staff were wonderful and had smiles on their faces. Initially we were a little grossed out by the rundown looking room, however, they are in the midst of a big renovation. Housekeeping kept the rooms neat and spotless. Continental breakfast was wonderful! Kids enjoyed the pool!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
gmga078, General Manager at Comfort Inn I-95 North, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Thank you for staying with us. And yes, we are under renovations to make sure that we provide the best stay for our guest. The next time you're in town, you will see the progress that we have made. And thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Glastonbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Because I am a frequent traveler to Comfort Suites hotels, we were upgraded ( without having to ask for the upgrade) to a king suite by a friendly desk clerk. Walking to the elevator and room it was clear that this is an old hotel in need of a refacing (she did say there was some construction going on, but we didn't see it.) Paying $70 for the room, I don't mind if it's not the Taj Mahal, as long as it's clean. I was distressed to see that there were no fire sprinklers in the hallway or rooms, and the cleanliness was below average.

Our problems started with the three idiots in the next room, screaming at each other, apparently about picking up prostitutes. We called the desk asking for a room/floor change and the same young woman who checked us in said the General Mgr. had already been alerted about these guys and was going to take care of it. She even mentionedI that they probably would be asked to leave. I asked her to call me back with a resolution. I didn't hear back, so I called again. The GM apparently spoke to them and asked them to quiet down. That wasn't sufficient for us, so we asked to be moved. The clerk readily agreed and said she'd come up with the key cards for our new room, which was one floor up and at the other end of the hallway. Unfortunately, it cost us our upgraded room. The original room had a poor air conditioner putting out somewhat damp air. The new room's air conditioner was even worse, putting out even damper air. Since we were only staying one night, we decided to live with it.

Breakfast the next morning was fine, with eggs, sausages, etc.

While not the worst hotel experience of our lives, I can't in good conscience recommend anyone stay there, unless you have no other choice.

Room Tip: Check the air conditioner before accepting a room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
I do apologize for the inconvenience that was caused during your stay. The issues were addressed and taken care of. I do hope that you give us another chance to prove that we do give the best service to our guest to make them happy. And we are renovating the whole hotel to make a more enjoyable stay for everyone. I hope to see you soon.

Travellers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

Bellingham, Wa.
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn in Brunswick and I was happy with my stay. I stayed for 2 nights in one of the newly remodeled rooms and was very happy. The breakfast was good and the staff was great, the girls at the front desk made sure that my stay was perfect! I will be back!

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ilianatorres
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back anytime!
Garner, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Wish I would've waited to book till I saw the rooms...The carpet felt very soiled..the corridors were hot...the rooms very musty smelling and the windows were horrible looking...Even tho renovations were being done the corridors were terrible with debris on the floor..seems to me the contractor could've cleaned up what he tore up..this being in mind the room was priced ok

• Stayed August 2013
gmga078, General Manager at Comfort Inn I-95 North, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
I am truly sorry that we didn't meet your expectations when you stayed with us. I want to assure you that many changes have been taking place to make our hotel a more enjoyable experience for out guest. I hope that you will give us another try. And you can see that the rooms are much better since renovated. Hope to see you again soon!
Graniteville, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stayed in one of their newly remodeled rooms, very clean, very nice ! Nice flat screen tv's, very comfortable bed . The pool was very large and very clean, great beach vibe. The breakfast was yummy ! I will be sure to stay here again !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ray R
I want to thank you for your review with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. And I hope to see you again soon.
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Booked and stayed at this hotel for a family reunion the weekend of July 19, 2013. We experienced all kinds of problems. I booked two rooms with double beds and 1 with a king bed. I was told during check-in that there was a mix-up with the rooms so I had to get 1 room with double beds and the other two rooms were king beds but I was given a roll away bed, which was very uncomfortable and limited the space in the room. The two king bathroom doors got stuck shut as if they were locked and the room keys were exchanged more than twice, I got red lights and yellow lights when using the key, which was a big inconvenience. One of the times I went to get another room key because the one I was issued would work and there were a line of hotel guest at the front desk with room key issues. I got in my car and went to Wal-Mart and when I got back the line was gone but I still had to go to that desk several time for a key. The air condition was out on the fifth floor so imagine going up and down trying to get a key that works. The air condition on the fifth floor hall was not working, it was hot. Time I stepped out the elevator I felt the heat. We had to use the stairs on several occasions because the elevator was out; meant walking up to the fifth floor, arriving and no air. Painful and uncomfortable. I rented three rooms and had problems with all rooms. I have to say the staff was willing to please but some of the things were beyond their control. Last but not least; Marijuana scent lingered the hall right outside of two rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed here on June 22nd because the website made it look like a nice hotel. the hotel had booked a party for that night in their conference room. they had a DJ going most of the night and it felt like it was in your room. there were several men staying there from a work crew and when we went to take our kids to the swimming pool they were all there drinking beer and they kept taking these girls behind the bushes in the corner and it sounded as if they were having sex back there! needless to say we took our kids back to our room! you could tell when the party was over between one and three in the morning because all of the drunk people coming in were slamming the doors and it kept waking us up you could tell they have tried to remodel this hotel but it still has a dirty feeling to it! this is not a family hotel do not go! spend the extra 30 to 50 bucks!

• Stayed June 2013