“Good hotel. Need friendlier staff!”

Rodeway Inn I-95 North
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a good value overall. Nice rooms and a good breakfast. However, staff could be a bit nicer. This hotel is pet friendly and thus we had our dog. $20/night charge. However, twice the staff members had to point out that we had our dog in a tone of voice that seemed annoyed. Our dog is an angel. Quiet and never makes a mess. It's sad they assumed the opposite. If you don't want dogs in your hotel, don't post that you are pet friendly. It's that simple!!

• Stayed: April 2014
gmga078, General Manager at Rodeway Inn I-95 North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

We are a pet friendly hotel and we do not mind that our guest have their pets with them. I'm sorry that you felt like we didn't want your furbaby. I apologize for that. I want to assure you that we welcome all our furbabies to stay with us. The issue at hand has been dealt with to the staff. I hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Our main reason for staying here was proximity to 95 while traveling to Florida. Also because they allow pets. We found the room to be clean and the beds comfortable. It was pretty busy so fairly noisy but overall a good experience. There's a free continental breakfast which I did not partake in but my husband did, and he said was decent. We appreciate that there's a single charge for pets regardless of how many or weight. There were numerous stray cats hanging around the entry doors which are obviously fed by someone on a regular basis. While I am an animal lover, this was a big distraction for my dogs. Others might find it annoying as well. Overall this hotel was good quality and value.

• Stayed: February 2014
Leslie H, General Manager at Rodeway Inn I-95 North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I wanted you to know that we have taken care of the cats. They came from the resturaunts, but we have taken care of it. I hope that you will use us again for your travels....Have a great day and hope to see you again soon..

Leslie Hammer-GM

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I guess I'm on a roll cause I have been staying at a lot of not yet finished hotels. This one needs a little work and they were remodeling so who knows what it will be like, but the price was right (I guess cause they are working and dusty during the day) Some construction noise not a problem. Lots of eatin places nearby. Lots to see in Brunswick if you know where to go too. Room a little dirty but ok, guess due to the work once more. Overall ok

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
gmga078, General Manager at Rodeway Inn I-95 North, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

I'm sorry that we didn't meet your expectations due to our renovations. The renovation process is almost complete. We are doing this to provide a more enjoyable experience for our guest. I hope you will come and stay with us again so you can see all the emprovements we have done....I hope to see you again soon....

Reviewed 8 February 2014

This motel was pretty nice once you proceeded through the common area hallways. Our room (202) was very nice with updated furniture, nice sized TV and comfortable king bed. The breakfast area and the reservation desk area were neat, clean and nicely decorated. The hallway and stairways apparently had not yet been addressed for they were sorely in need of maintenance and repair. So as I said before, the essential parts of this motel were very nice.

Room Tip: Our room (#202) was very nice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Leslie H, General Manager at Rodeway Inn I-95 North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself here at the Comfort Inn. We are still working on the renovation process with this property to make it great for our guest. Come back and see us soon..

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed here several times. Great continental breakfast, Captain Joe's seafood is next door which is also a great place to eat. Room is very comfortable and clean, would stay here again and recommend it to anyone.Rooms are good value for the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Leslie H, General Manager at Rodeway Inn I-95 North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

I so glad to here that you enjoyed yourselves while staying with us. Thank you for your review. We do our best to make each guest happy. I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We always stop at the New Brunswick, Georgia hotel on our way to Florida. It's clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast is always very good and a good selection. Every time we stop they are fixing things to make it a better place. We travel to Florida 2 or 3 times a year. We
look forward to stopping there.

Room Tip: We are always treated very well at the Comfort Inn in New Brunswick Ga. where we stop on our way to...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Leslie H, Manager at Rodeway Inn I-95 North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Thank you for being a loyal customer with us. We try our hardest to give our guest the best experience we can offer. That is why there is always something going on. We want it to be better than the last! I hope that we will see you soon. Thanks!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We found this hotel to be very well situated, near the highway. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and the bathroom was really accessible, including a bench for the shower and a seat adapter for the toilet.The girl at the reception when we arrived was very nice and very effective. There was some construction noise, but she assured us it would stop before we came back from supper and it was true. She suggested several restaurants situated at a walking distance. Breakfast was good. When we left, I had to ask the girl at the reception (not the same) for help to open the doors (no automatic doors), and she didn't seem please to comply. Overall, we liked our stay.

Room Tip: Pet friendly, but with a $20 fee.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are currently still in the process of making this property the best it can be for our guest. I assure you that the entire staff is pleased to help anyone that needs a hand. I hope that you come back soon and see us again so we can provide great service for you again. Thank you so much!