“Last night of our trip very good value for the price”

Comfort Inn I-95 North
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Grant-Valkaria, Florida
“Last night of our trip very good value for the price”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Tired after a week of visiting and traveling we stopped in Brunswick to see the coast and get some more fish before heading inland. Nice place for our last night for awhile. The desk clerk who checked us in seemed like she was flustered and not sure of what she was doing, but managed just the same. We got to our room and no frig., a space where it should go but not there, so I called the front desk, it rang and rang but no answer I was just tooooooo tired to keep trying so gave up luckily our frozen things stayed fine on ice in our cooler.
The stay there was fine other than that, we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phyllis M
gmga078, General Manager at Comfort Inn I-95 North, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the refrigerator. I assure you, that won't happen again. New ones have been put in that spot. I do hope that you will come again and see us. Thank you for this review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
raleigh, nc
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our way to Florida. Reasonable rates. Staff was very pleasant and helpful, room was clean.
The only negative was that our room and the entire 2nd floor hallway smelled very damp or like mildew. We did report to the
Manager on duty in the morning

Stayed July 2014
gmga078, General Manager at Comfort Inn I-95 North, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I do remember you telling me about that. We have found the issue why and corrected it. I like the feedback so that I am able to make sure ALL of my guest are happy so they will return to me.
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed over the July 4th weekend and didn't have any major complaints. You certainly get a great room for the money. The only issues we had was with the check-in process. We were told that it would be a good idea to not try and check-in before 4pm; check-in time was supposed to be 3pm. We arrived at 5:15 and had to wait 10-15 mins for our room to be finished. They were working on renovations in our hallway and to get to our room, we had to shuffle sideways down the hall with our luggage and try not to trip over tools, boxes, rolls of plastic. Not good. The manager was trying very hard to get them cleaned up and out; I know contractors can be hard to control but it could have been an insurance nightmare had my son or my pregnant self tripped and landed on a rusty drill.
After getting into our room and for the rest of the weekend, we had no issues, no problems. Everything was very comfortable. Breakfast was very good. Cereal, muffins, eggs, yogurt, waffle iron to make waffles to order. Location was good. Drove about 5 miles to Brunswick's waterfront for some very good fireworks. About a 10 min drive to a Jekyll, took little longer to get to St. Simon's. Would definitely recommend staying and we will stay again the next time we go that way!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ToucansMBbound
gmga078, General Manager at Comfort Inn I-95 North, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us despite the check-in process. I assure that won't happen again. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the Brunswick area and activities. I hope that you do come and see us again when you go on your next trip. Thank you for your review. And we'll see you soon!
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We are trapped in our room because there is brawling going on on our floor and hotel management refuses to deal with it. Actually told me they wouldn't come up and if I had an issue I should feel free to call the police. (I thought that was there job.)

Couldn't get a second key to my room. Was informed they didn't have enough keys and some people were being let into rooms with master keys.

We will NEVER stay here again! Not safe and halls and public areas not particularly clean

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marjorie S
I do apologize for any inconvenience that may have occured. Fighting isn't something that normally happens. I, the General Manager, was not on the property that night at that time but I assure the front desk clerk did her job by informing the authorities about the issues. As far as the other issues at hand they have been addressed and corrected so that we do not have it happen again. Once again, please take this sincere apology, we strive to make ALL of our guest feel safe and welcome. I do hope that you will give us another chance to prove to you that we take every comment seriously so we can correct and make this place better for our guest.

Travellers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our family stayed in this hotel and booked 5 rooms. Overall, our stay was just ok. The room itself was good. But my mom was in room 115, and she had a lot of problems with her sink. They did eventually fix it but the next morning the floor was wet next to her bed from the bathroom. Breakfast was ok. They kept running out of food and the lady was just apologizing the whole time because she didn't have anyone to help her. The internet never did work. That was the main thing we were looking for so it was a downer for us. They guy at the front desk just told us to keep trying but we just gave up after a long while. Our kids had fun in the pool however, they closed the pool on Sunday so they couldn't get in before we left. I am sure we won't stay at this hotel again for our next trip if we come back to Brunswick.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Courtney_A_2011
I apologize for any problems that you may have had while with us. We try our best to fix any and every issue as soon as possible once it is brought to our attention. As far as the pool, it was only closed for two hours so that we could do a little maintenance and chemicals. I'm so sorry for that, but we have to do that to keep the pool running. I hope that you will come and see us again and you will see that was just a random day.
SC
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The good; the price was great, the beds and pillows were great, the location was super, ac worked great, had a frig and micro, breakfast was certainly above average.

The bad the wifi never worked...unless you were on the toilet or the floor near the door.

The neutral...this is south GA...so it is no big deal, but a bit of a dank smell.

The great....the manager was very attentive ....from check in to check out. She adjusted our bill due to the internet.

Again, I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the review. As far as the wifi goes, issue has been fixed. I do hope that you will come and see us again real soon.
Crystal River, Florida, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Although this hotel is undergoing a renovation, the rooms are very spacious with a refrig and microwave, desk and chair and easy chair. Nice breakfast and very attentive staff with manager, Leslie Hammer very attentive to your every need. Also on staff, Janet Dominy, Director of Sales wanted to make sure we had our needs met. Nathyn (who was helping Rose at breakfast) went looking for a luggage cart for us.

Walking distance to nearby restaurants. Only bad thing to say was that the Internet was down during our stay. Otherwise I would have given this hotel an excellent rating. Great value!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the review! This is what I love to hear. We are just doing our jobs. I want my entire staff to go above and beyond for our guest. I hope that you do come back and see us again soon.