“Nice place to stay.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Spent 5 days and four nights here and have to say it was a nice time. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Did have an issue with lack of hot water on a couple occasions but I guess that might be expected when your dragging your butt outta bed at 10:30 after everybody else has showered. As usual with Embassy Suites I loved the managers coctail party with free booze and the Wall St. Journal and USA Today was available every day for free as well. At other hotels they seem to run short on papers and you miss out if your a late riser like me, but there were plenty of papers every day well into the afternoon and the evening. I never got up in time to enjoy the free breakfast but my girlfriend said it was good as well. It's served until 9:30 but to me thats early. The "Mall" thats attached is like a Stephen King movie. The only people are the sales people. It's erie being in a mall alone at noon. The sales people were hanging outside the store watching you and you got the feeling if you got too close they would snatch you into the store and force you to buy something you didnt want. The location is convienent for trips to Jeckyll and St. Simons Islands as well as resturants and bars. Staff was friendly and treated us like we owned the place. Every need was attended to with a smile. The only thing negative was we asked about a resturant nearby, I cant remember the name, but we asked if they thought a reservation was required. The lady said no but I should have gone on instinct because when we got there the place was packed and on a two hour wait. It's listed in the book in the room and you will know it because its attached to a Holiday Inn. Place must be great cause it was PACKED!!! We found anice bar nearby with several pool tables and ate there and I got to shoot pool and trade stories with the local folk which was a lot of fun.I think it was called Mulligans. Anyway, dont hesitate to stay here. Its a very nice place.

Room Tip: Dont know if theres a bad room but I would rather stay away from the elevators. But not sure that wo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Karen B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Wow! Thanks for the detailed commentary. Glad you enjoyed the two-room suite and free cocktails. You'll have to get up early with your girlfriend next time so that you can BOTH enjoy a hot, cooked-to-order breakfast!

Our area has lots of dining options - from fresh local seafood to great steaks, barbeque, and good old-fashioned southern cooking. There are enough options to find something good every night.

Glad to hear you say that the staff treated you like you "owned the place". Our guests are the reason we are here. Getting feedback like this is what keeps us all motivated. We love what we do!

It would be our honor to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Georgia's Golden Isles. It is said that once you get the sand of the isles in your shoes, it'll keep you coming back.........

Reviewed 3 February 2013

This is a decent hotel given the area. The staff were helpful, complementary breakfast very good, beds extremely comfortable and the facilities as a whole were decent. When compared with the other options in this area, I would not hesitate to come to this Embassy Suites again.
However, there are several areas that could do with an update. These include the decor of the lobby, which looks like it hasn't been changed since 1967, and some room furnishings. Notably the poor condition of curtains in the room.
Overall however, a good experience. I would recommend this hotel to others.

1  Thank grouse4scouse

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback! We really value our guests' comments and take them to heart.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the staff service, the beds, free breakfast, and overall facility. We do aim to provide an exceptional value to all of our guests.

You commented about the decor looking like something out of the late 60's. The entire commercial area was renovated last year with the 'retro look'. All of that bold color is making a comeback!

Please plan to stay with us again whenever your travels bring you to Georgia's Golden Isles. It will be our honor to serve you.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Clean, comfy rooms with nice tvs and sitting areas. Staff is friendly. Free cocktails and snacks in the evening. Attached directly to mall where there is a so-so Ruby Tuesdays. Free breakfast buffet with eggs and bacon and made to order omlets. If you have time, make the short drive over to St. Simons Island Village for dinner and a walk along the water. It's a beautiful and quaint little area that makes relaxing very easy.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Wow! Thanks for the glowing review! We are so blessed to have a wonderful team who love what we do. It's folks like you who keep us pumped up!

Y'all are welcome anytime your travels bring you to or through Georgia's Golden Isles. We'd love to see you again and again!

Reviewed 28 January 2013

From the outside, you can tell this hotel is old and it appears it used to be used for another purpose. The inside looks promising when you walk in, but the rooms show their age and it doesn't feel like a Hilton quality hotel. Unfortunately, if you're staying in Brunswick, your options may be limited, so this might indeed be the best option.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Karen B, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We take seriously every comment and use the feedback to improve our services. We continually have some type of facility update in the works. Last year all of the public areas were totally renovated. This year we are improving our top of bed experience. We tend to focus on the inside of the hotel, in the high-touch guest areas.

We are honored that you chose to stay with us this time and look forward to having you back whenever your travels bring you to the Golden Isles.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

This hotel is a great value and has an outstanding breakfast! However, attention to details was lacking during my visit, especially in the bathroom. Shower curtain rod was bent and curtain slid to the middle of the rod. It would not stay closed. Drain plug in the tub would not stay open, and I had to wedge soap under the plug in order to take a shower. Biggest problem was lack of hot water. In the evening and again in the morning it was necessary to run the water for nearly ten minutes before it turned hot. Hot water heater must be a mile away! I usually stay at Hampton Inns but the nearest Hampton had such poor reviews that I selected this Embassy Suites. I probably will stay here again if the Hampton does not get better. Again, the breakfast is great!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We take every guest comment to heart and use them to improve our services. We have already made the repairs to the shower rod and drain which you mentioned. As for hot water, we've got plenty of it. But you are right - it comes from the farthest corner of the building.

Glad you enjoyed the breakfast and the service overall. We try to offer a great value to all of our guests.

We'll look forward to seeing you every time your travels bring you to Georgia's Golden Isles.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I needed a hotel in a convenient place so that I could visit Savannah, St. Simons, Waycross and Jacksonville in one visit for business. This hotel was perfect for that! It was conveniently located to all of those locations and anything else that you could possibly want. The hotel adjoins a basic mall and the area had everything surrounding it if you want a selection of shopping or restaurants. I brought family with me so we made use of the Publix across the street and many of the restaurants in the area. (There were THREE Starbuck's locations just in that area!) The rooms have a wonderful set-up with an area in between the bedroom and living room that has a small refrigerator and microwave. One person in my family is vegetarian so he could prepare all of his vegetables there. The room was immaculate, the beds were firm with a pillow top mattress and both TVs were huge. I made use of the free breakfast bar the entire time we were there and I never ate the same thing twice. They have something for everyone and the items that I ate were very tasty. They have a full hot bar with two kinds of meat, cold items for people on the run, and made to order omelets and waffles. It was never overcrowded and they never ran low on the food (I ate at various breakfast times during the stay.) All in all, I am excited that I have found a new place to stay and will return for pleasure and business. I am already planning a family trip to return!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

You've made our day! Embassy Suites' location is a great home base for anyone wanting to explore all of the Golden Isles area. You can spread out with a family in the two- or three-room suites. Everyone gets to enjoy the evening reception - cocktails, beer & wine for Mom & Dad; soft drinks and punch for the kids; snacks for everyone. And it's a great value to start everyone off with a free all-you-could-want breakfast before heading out each morning.

Y'all plan to come back again every time you need a getaway. We'd love to have you back again and again!

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I been Embassy Suite guest since 1995 and my experience been great, this one was not the exception. The staff is very helpful, professional and friendly.Great breakfast. Comfortable beds and very clean. At the hotel there is a mall and a theater.

Room Tip: Bonus, anexx to the mall, a plus!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for an EXCELLENT review! We are blessed to have a team who love what we do. It's feedback from folks like you who keep us going.

It will be our pleasure to be your hosts every time your travels bring you to Georgia's Golden Isles. Wishing you safe and happy travels until then...