“Loved it”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
“Loved it”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was a little weary about this hotel because I read some bad reviews and I read some good reviews but I was glad I didn't cancel because of the bad reviews. This hotel was the best. We had a little situation with the plumbing (the toilet got clogged very easily) when we arrived but we alerted the front desk and it was fixed in a matter of minutes. The FREE breakfast was the best I ever had that was free. I know I keep mentioning my gluten intolerance in my post but this is a very important issue for me when I travel and eat out. Of course when eating out if the locations are not sure about their gluten items, I have to make a good judgement of what I don't think have gluten in them but the choices seemed simple and I stick to what I thought was safe. Breakfast at the hotel were eggs, bacon, made to order omelets, fresh fruit, yogurt, and for the folks who eat gluten, you have toast, waffles made to order, oatmeal and cereal as well. Most of the time with the free breakfast, you have bagels, cereal, maybe eggs and bacon that run out very fast but here, breakfast was supposed to be over at 10:30 on the weekends, we made it down at 10:25 and there was plenty left for the late bloomers. I'm not sure about the other complaints that I read about the mall but I enjoyed it. If you're from a major city with over crowded malls, the mall may bother you because its not the busiest but it served my needs. I needed my make up done for my wedding renewal ceremony and I walked into Belk and got it done. There are several other outlets or shopping centers located in the same area so if you want to spend your money, you shouldn't have a hard time doing so. Overall, my room was nice, the hotel was pleasant, breakfast did not disappoint, and I had a great stay.

Room Tip: We had the king suite that came with a sofa bed. We had a total of 5 in our party.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Brunswick, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Everything that was listed in our stay was right on target. Best breakfast of any hotel that we stayed at. Try there omelets and waffles, delicious. There cocktail hour was first rate. Only real concern, no towel racks in the bathroom, that is it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Atlanta
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stay here for the mall access, free breakfast and managers reception. Make sure you take your room key with you if you go into the mall if not you will have to walk around to the front of the hotel. Great food court in mall if you get hungry. Easy access to Ruby Tuesday.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

West Harrison, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have never stayed in any hotel in any other part of the United States which consistenly provided superior staff and accomidations. Check in, complimentary breakfast, and manager's reception are all top notch and the rooms provide verything a business or individual traveler can need.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The hotel needs updates and renovations. There is a lot of wear on the fixtures, in the elevator and the cleanliness of these areas could be greatly improved. The furnishings in the room need updating and to be properly placed. There was a mirror oddly placed behind the television, it is a detail that shows a lack of care or attention to not only the room but the property as a whole.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Delisa J
Ohio
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Totally Loved this property!! EVERYTHING superseded my expectations, from the price, the room itself, the breakfast, the drinks, and that soft bed...Staff was very nice, and it does not hurt that they are connected to the mall!! Only thing I would change about this property is that i would add a hot tub and the pool would be indoors so the debris from the trees would not get into the pool...other than that.....FABU!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Alabama
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This is a classy hotel in the sleepy town of Brunswick, Georgia (apologies to you natives). There doesn't seem to be much going on in Brunswick itself. Even we were just staying there due to its proximity to St. Simons and Fernandina Beach and Jacksonville itself.

The room was spacious, had a small fridge and a microwave- good stuff to have if you plan on staying there longer. The hotel was clean. Food was standard breakfast stuff. We didn't order room service so I can't comment on that.

Hotel staff was courteous, especially the night manager. Very friendly and helpful. She even upgraded our room without us asking.

• Stayed April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
Hampton Inn & Suites Brunswick
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
#2 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Courtyard Brunswick
Courtyard Brunswick
#3 of 36 in Brunswick
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simons Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simon...
#1 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island
Best Western Plus Brunswick Inn & Suites

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick? Share your experiences!