“Disgusted” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Dalton, Georgia
“Disgusted”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

I will not stay here again. I booked for three nights. After I paid I was told the pool did not work. It was late, the pool issue did not bother me for one night, but I did ask for a refund for the next two nights. I was given a refund after about two hours when upper management could get there to approve it. I made it to the room to find out that it wasn't large enough for my party. I had to go back to the front desk to get a pillow and blanket for my daughter who ended up sleeping on a pallet on the floor. We finally settled in to find that the free wifi was not working. I went back to the front desk to discuss the issue. I was given a wifi antenna that did not pull in the signal. So we had no pool and no wifi. The staff was nice and helpful, but the issues we had they had no control over. The room itself was ok, but It could have been cleaner. There was a musty smell and the wall paper in the bath room was coming off and sticking out. I should have went to comfort suites on Ashton Drive.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rosy H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Wise, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

We checked in and the pool was closed. We had two kids who had been traveling 8 hours who were ready to swim...not here...I have been to many hotels that work out a deal with another closeby place to allow their guests to use another pool if theirs is not open. Not here. The room was ok, although the bathroom door didn't close fully. The beds were comfortable, and it was clean and the A/C worked great. It was fine for a stop for the night I guess--but I wouldn't stay more than one night.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cathie C
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

Checked in then told pool was broken. Then charged one night stay after being told to go find another hotel and a refund would be issued. Lobby was not air conditioned and front doors were broken because "someone kicked it". And no such coffee bar exists!

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gapeaches71
Statesboro
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

Before this I thought the Clarion Inn name meant something. Choice hotels as a whole seem to have degraded significantly. This hotel is a strange orange color. When I checked in, the first room Was disgusting. There was urine all over the toilet seat and the room had a strange smell. I went back and asked for another room and the desk clerk was apologetic and complained about the difficulty of getting good cleaning staff. The next room wasn't much better. There were no obvious urine stains on the toilet but there were hairs in the bathtub and on the floor. There were tiny spiders living in the sink (how many weeks has the room been vacant?) . Skip this hotel--you'll be glad you did.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Chose this place based on Clarion name, price and rating of 3 stars...maybe on their opening day??? Common areas had been neglected, garbage cans not emptied, corridors clearly unswept for days, carpets and bathrooms were dirty, room smelled stale and air conditioners were loud...but that was perhaps a good thing as the noise from the next rooms seemed a little less obtrusive. All I can say is it is not a good place to take kids and not a comfortable place to lay your head. Take a pass on this one!

Room Tip: No way I'd recommend ANY room here!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Irishgurl22
Akron, OH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

We booked this hotel as a stop on our way to Florida. It was around 11:00PM when we arrived on a Friday night. If the room & bathroom was clean, I would have said this hotel was ok. However, the bathroom and sink area were disgusting. It appeared as though the cleaning staff replaced towels and sheets and didn't do a thing more. The tub had hairs in it as did the floor and around the clean towels. The toilet was unacceptable and had urine stains and hair under the seat. I had to take anti-bacterial wipes and clean it myself.

When my husband told the staff member at the front desk, her only response was that in her 13 years, she had never heard such a thing. We'll be sure not to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank chellene
Edisto Island, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

wow, what has happened to this motel? Economic downswing? New management? We had been very satisfied regular Clarion customers for years on our December trip to visit family in Fla. We had not stayed there in 2 years but given the past experiences, decided to stay again on our way back from Fl. to NC . I had always liked this motel and remembered how great it was the year of the renovation..well this stay wasn't anything like the visits in the past! Check in took a long time. Upon entering our room, I was hit with the distinct odor of what seemed to be cat urine, disguised with cheap air freshener. It had been a long post holiday drive up a very crowded I 75/95 and I was particularly tired! Immediately upon entering our room after the assault on my senses, I looked down to see a blackened square of carpet with a cut out square..some kind of feeble attempt to repair the carpet?..looking pretty disgusting. Though I cannot find fault with the cleaning staff, who seem to do the best they can with filthy carpeting and linens in need of replacing etc. The sheets were scratchy with those strange uncomfortable nubs that seem to pil up on old inexpensive sheets. The poor excuse for a blanket reminded me of camp in the 60's. Thin and scratchy! Pillows were ok if you like ..well flat nearly non existent slices of linen sandwiches. There was actually a little plexi glass sign tellling you that if you wanted to buy the sheets etc you could... but if you didn't and decided to take them with you, you would be charged on your credit card for what ever was missing..evidently a bunch of 'lower on the food chain' guests had pilfered the goods more than once. As for the promised free wi fi....it worked sporadically if at all to say the least. All in all a major disappointment...sad bc it is a convenient location with many restaurants nearby..from seafood to barbecue..spend a bit extra and stay at the comfort Inn three buildings down. Sad to see the once crisp, on top of things Clarion, fall by the wayside.

Room Tip: rooms on opposite side of interstate are most quiet
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family