“One of the best weekly rates around!!!!”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“One of the best weekly rates around!!!!”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This hotel gives you your moneys worth. The rooms were super clean, the beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was good. Another reason this hotel is more superior than the others is their weekly rate which was a cheaper rate than all of the others. I enjoyed myself the entire week that I was there.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed 25 October 2012

The rooms are spotless, super comfortable, great lobby and breakfast. For a hotel off 1-95, this one is the best bet. Have stayed in others that cost more, but didn't match the friendly staff, super beds and linens. Found them in the discount coupon book at the rest station, but there's nothing discount except the price. Saw they are pet friendly too.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

Booked with Hotwire which is normally right on the mark for me. I travel to this area a lot and this is the first time I stayed at this clarion. First of all a few pieces of new furniture doesn't make it a three star hotel!! Especially when the bathroom tub is dirty & the water won't go down the drain, by the time I finished my shower it was ankle deep. I found cigarette butts beside the trash can in the room, a/c worked when it wanted & was loud, not enough outlets to plug in cell phones and computer, ceiling had huge water spots & mold - just disgusting! There was a guy sitting out front on the ground drinking & smoking telling me how to turn the door handle to get in the room!!!
When I checked in I asked if a king bed was available the clerk told me that's why he didn't like Hotwire because you got the room they wanted you to have - I could have a king bed for an additional $15.00 - no thanks I'll just take the 2 doubles.
If I had been by myself I would have just left. When I checked out I let the desk know about the issues. I later received a call from the manager and she offered me a free night stay - WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? She said I could have Hotwire call & maybe they would reimburse me. I called & Hotwire did take care of me - thankfully they were just great!!! They also blocked this hotel from my list - even better!!!!
There are to many other hotels in this area to have to subject yourself to this so called three star - I would call it a two star motel! Just GROSS!!

• Stayed October 2012

Travellers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

Watch Hill, Rhode Island
Reviewed 13 October 2012

The staff and location of this Clarion are very nice. Our room was a bit dated and the A/C a bit old and noisy. The ice maker down the corridor was out of order (again) and there were not enough outlets in the room to plug in the coffeemaker or any chargers. I thought their free breakfast was a bit skimpy compared to other Clarion Inns I've stayed at, but I plan on returning here on our way home. The front desk clerk could not have been more friendly or helpful!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Murdock
Reviewed 7 October 2012

First, this is certainly not any three/four star hotel, and I didn't expect that here. I thought Clarion was a little bit higher in quality in the Choice Hotel's chain of hotels, but this certainly was much lower in quality than I expected. It was probably a '70's model motel that has been remodeled several times over the years. Not the worst remodel, but not great either. I see many have complained about musty smell and poor working A/C. I usually solve this by alternating heat & A/C for a few hours to dry up the smell, but someone sensitive to smells might have troubles with the heat burning off the dust, so beware. My A/C worked fine, and the bed was reasonably comfortable, and I slept reasonably well. The furniture was long overdue to be replaced, not torn, but just old and outdated. The Wi-Fi worked fine. I saw a pool, but did not have time to take a closer look. The check in and check out was smooth, and each were friendly and nice. I went to the "deluxe continental breakfast" and must say, this was a joke. They did have some fruit, juice, milk, and I think I saw cereal. No waffles, eggs, sausage, or other aspects I've come to enjoy at various Choice Hotels. I rarely travel outside FL, and much less in GA for that matter, so unlikely I would return. If this was convenient and in FL, I would consider it, but think I would look for something nearby that seemed like it would be better than this one.
Almost forgot, the breakfast area seems to be right at a bar area. Never saw the bar area open, but talk about THOSE '70's!!! WOW, maybe even the 60's for that matter, it was funny to see that still in tact!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 September 2012

This is late but better than never! We stayed at this hotel in April of this year, we didn't have a hotel in mind but I spotted this hotel near I 95, It was a great choice! The check in was easy, the hotel is older but completely rennovated, two different housekeepers greeted us in passing, our room was clean and the bedding was exceptional, Pillowtop mattresses and many pillows made for a deep sleep. The breakfast area had anything you could want, We will definately stay atthis hotel again when we visit Brunswick and the Golden Isles,

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank OneClark
Lake Mary Fl
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Stayed here while my son played at a tennis tournament on Jekyll island ( 25 min drive) the island was booked so we stayed here, rented two standard rooms. Hotel is on the older side but good enough for the $$
Free wi-fi, parking, pet friendly w/ small fee, laundry on site, ice & vending
Good tv channels, well located
All in all it was comfy for the price we paid, would stay here again:)

• Stayed July 2012