“Don't expect much.”

Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Stockbridge, Georgia
“Don't expect much.”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This is an old motel that has not been maintained. The bed was hard and the pillows small and virtually useless. The room smelled of old, dirty carpet which made your socks brown. The A/C unit was noisy and cycled frequently. Not a good value for the price.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Caile B, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.
I would invite you to contact me personally at 770-856-7351 (direct line), to discuss this with you further. (email is gm.ga459@choicehotels.com)
Regards,

912.264.4033

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Inwood, West Virginia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Moving my Parents from Florida to Maryland, my husband and I were pulling a 22ft moving truck and hauling a car on a trailer so were concerned if we where going to be able to park the moving truck and car in a parking area that was easy to get in and out and still able to see it from our room. I used my phone and looked up several hotels under my Choice Hotel account and found a decent rate for this hotel and called ahead - spoke with "Becky" who was very nice and she would work with me on the rate that was on the website and she would be able to accomodate the truck and trailer. I told her I was going to call around, she said ok - but she would watch for us. I called another hotel and they would not work with me on the rate - so we took the chance and stopped at the Clarion. Just as she said - she was watching for us - she met us at the door and directed us where to park so the truck would be right outside our room. She gave us the rate she quoted and got us right in. It was after 1 in the morning and she expedited the check-in and got us in our room. I thought the room was just fine - bed was comfy and room was clean. Breakfast was made fresh and yummy - fresh eggs, meats and wonderful fresh fried potatoes and a variety of other things - the chef (didnt catch her name) was so kind and made sure we enjoyed our food. Overall - for the price and the kindness of the staff - well worth the stop. I would stop there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Brunswick!
Best Regards,

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The room was clean, but I ended up getting a rash from something the next day. The toilet flapper needed to be replaced and the toilet ran all night. The sink stopper did not go up. The front desk was friendly. Their was a free breakfast of 3 cereals, yogurt, different white breads, delicious apples, eggs, and hash browns. I would have liked to see more fruit choices.

The front area was relatively nice, but the rooms needed some renovations.

We were traveling with a small dog and needed a pet friendly hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aleiza d
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Our goal is to provide excellent guest experiences but it is unfortunate that we were not able to provide one on this occasion. Please accept our apologies for the sub par service. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Again, thanks for your review and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Kindly,

912.264.4033

Travellers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

Oakdale, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 November 2013

stopped on the way from florida to connecticut on 11/19/2013. got a ground level room per my request, first thing i noticed was the over whelming smell of vomit, next was small bugs on the bed, then i saw the biggest cockroach i have ever seen.. desk clerk very apologetic. It was late so we said we would try a room on second floor, the room smelt better but turned the light on and saw cockroaches running up the wall, took picture showed them to desk clerk who returned our money

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Please accept our apologies for the sub par service received and room maintenance being poor. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Again, thanks for your review and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I really enjoyed my stay.Clarion had a bar and restrauant open and had a hot cooked breakfast.
So glad to see they have most all of their problems solved ,
except the phone system is still down.Come guys its not up to the guest to have to call on their cells. and someone needs to clean the black & the bugs off from doors and windows.and the tubs and sinks are horrible with the drainage.
Otherwise it would have been 100 % perfect..
So i guess 75 % isnt too bad for the dollars spent.

Room Tip: oh my, I was in room 129 the best sleep i have had for the whole trip..Quiet side is parking
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

Again thank you for your review, and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Warmest Regards,

Holmes Beach, Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Staff were all great. Quiet, comfortable beds, clean, good breakfast. Left briefcase containing money & passport which was returned by housekeeping in tact 2 hrs. later. Good location near restaurants & easy off & on highway. Great value and will certainly stay again.

Room Tip: rooms on parking lot side are quieter
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the great review! I’ll be sure to pass your comments onto our staff, they'll be thrilled! Hope to see you back soon.

Kindly,

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My stay was great , a piece full 2 day get away. From the time I checked in with Lindsey from the time the I checked out with Tamiy. The breakfast attendant was great a hotel with real scrambled eggs thumbs up. No complaints about room housekeeping does a great job. Very good location to everything . Keep up the great job clarion inn , I will be coming back....

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo